1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club statement.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by DaiJones, Aug 26, 2021.

1. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Cardiff City Football Club is very disappointed by the actions of three persons who entered the playing arena during Tuesday evening’s Carabao Cup fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion.
    All three individuals have been reported to South Wales Police and the Club is preparing an impact statement that will support those individuals being charged under the Football Offences Act (1991).

It is of paramount importance that the playing arena remains a safe area for players and officials; it is a criminal offence to enter the field of play or the area adjacent to it.

The actions of the three individuals who committed offences on Tuesday evening will likely result in convictions, fines and three-year Football Banning Orders administered by the courts.

As part of this process, the Club will also be applying for costs to cover expected EFL sanctions and increased ongoing security charges.

Cardiff City FC would like to thank the vast majority of its supporters who abide by the Club’s ground regulations (click here for reference) and support the Bluebirds with the best will and intention.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

String the to$$ers up by their dangly bits under the Canton end and let us throw rotten eggs at them.

A suitable response to their pathetic, childish actions.

clingo and DaiJones like this.
  3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I don't judge because I've also been a **** in my youth..........seemed harmless enough really just killing the boredom I guess :emoticon-0106-cryin

4. BluefromBridgend

Let's agree to differ again then Aber. Times are very different to when you and I were young.

It's not judging. That's up to the courts. It's simply expressing my views on their pathetic actions.

Those harmless, bored people could well cost the club £5k each in pitch invasion fines. The first one, fat, bald and stripped to the waist was, and I'm being kind, at least 40. The second brainless fool took his phone with him and tried for selfies with players.

It is common knowledge that any form of pitch invasion is not acceptable and those 3 will receive bans from attending football matches for at least 3 years. The club have stated they intend to sue those involved for repayment of any penalty charges received plus costs.

Looking at the shape of those 3 I wouldn't hold my breath for getting anything back.

So, condone their actions but appreciate the reactions and implications. Hopefully those numpties and anyone else thinking of doing the same will reconsider.

5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

As I said on another thread, this is nothing to do with football but another of the effects of a media driven society and the urge for "15 minutes" of fame. It's just unfortunate that historically, football has provided the biggest stage for these people. There is no defence or mitigation for their actions and they deserve whatever is coming to them, but I think we are at the thin end of a wedge again and society needs to look at why.

BluefromBridgend and DaiJones like this.
  6. aberdude

Hardly crime of the century is it

7. BluefromBridgend

It's crass stupidity. Nothing more or less. Whether you condone it or not.

Must have thought they were so clever. So clever the club could be fined £5k per person on the pitch.

Hope they are happy with that and the 3 year all football ban they will each receive. And possible action by the club to recover the fines from them.

I would ban them for life.

Saturday it looked like the Bristol keeper handed the ref an object thrown at him from the Canton End. I don't know what it was but that could see the club incur another fine. I thought we were past all this nonsense but clearly not.

Stupid is as stupid does.

8. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

You should not do it end of.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  9. aberdude

It's only a game of football fella.....its a bit of fun and the crowd apart from rhe dusty old ****s laughed 2 what was the only entertainment of the night.

Cardiff city fans are always more entertaining than the football team FACT.

10. aberdude

I care little for Cardiff finacials dude......club and football died years back for me.....if it wasn't an excuse to go for a social trip I wouldn't bother going at all.