1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The RDBD, Jun 30, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

The club donated use of part of the building to help sort out food parcels and food storage.
    They also are donating use of other parts of the building to the NHS.
    Staff including Jose have helped deliver food parcels to people.
    Toby Alderweireld has bought and donated computer tablets to help the elderly keep in touch with their families.

All great stuff...so why the ****have we bollocksed up all that good work...?
    The stupidity involved in football is mind blowing sometimes.

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Our PR is almost entirely catastrophic. For a club with a lot of pluses, our media coverage is generally appalling.

We're in one of the most reported industries in existence...and we don't play nicely with the media. They savage us as a result.

It's absolutely nuts.

KingHotspur likes this.
  3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Maybe it's their insistence on giving the likes of Peter Herbert and David Baddiel oxygen to smear our fans that's given us reason to not play nice with the ****ers...

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They've always savaged us. It's not new and it's certainly not a result of any recent actions.
    We go far too easy on them and the tossers that run the game.

Alfie Conn and paultheplug like this.
  5. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that it's recent...far from it. This has been the case for years but we've allowed it to get worse by having a ridiculous hole where our PR function should be.

Throughout ENIC's ownership and Sugar's, we've not 'played the game' and our press has been rubbish. I don't recall it being all that great before Sugar but that might be the tricks of time rather than the actuality.

6. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I'm not sure that anyone in English football really knew how to run the press pre-Premier League.
    Brian Clough clearly wanting to bugger off during Trevor Francis' transfer is one example from yesterday! <laugh>
    I know the man was a law unto himself, but still.

There's no point in Spurs trying to play the game the way that a lot of teams do, though.
    We need to take a leaf out of Ferguson's book and become more ruthless and vindictive against certain publications and journalists.
    The club's PR is awful, but it also acts like a punchbag at times and just invites negative press, even when doing nothing wrong.

Mourinho's a massive draw for the media. A lot of people love watching his **** and it's almost always a big draw.
    That puts us in a position of strength and it's one that we have no intention of using.
    Pochettino rolled over for everyone, from the media to the officials to the associations that run the game.
    Where did that get him? More ****, more punishments and eventually the sack.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Im sure you can see the bit that bollocksed up is the bit that required dipping hand into pocket

what I don’t understand about the apologists is that we all dip into our pockets when we have to in life. So when some supporters say the owners should do the same...it’s like the apologists don’t understand this alien concept of actually not always looking to make a penny but to spend on your investment.

We would achieve nothing in our personal lives if for every penny we spent to fulfill an ambition...we expect 2 back, life doesn’t work like that.

I buy a car...I spend out of my pocket to maintain it
    Buy a house....spend out of my pocket to help it reach the level i require. Over the years you spend out of your savings in maintaining your property.

ENIC purchased our football club for 20 mill...and now they need to spend out of their pockets but they choked it

I didn’t bat an eye lid because I wasn’t surprised tbh Ive had Levy’s number for years

9. humanbeingincroydon

ITKs are saying that the club will make an unspecified announcement in the next 24-48 hours

They also ask if anyone can spare a dime...

10. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

11. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Jose apologises for training during epidemic.

12. remembercolinlee

If the response to my email from spurs is to be taken at face value it'll be something to do with the club offering the free use of the ground to the NHS...

They obviously failed to respond to any of my points re the furloughing of staff.

Hope any statement will include a change of mind on this but not hopeful...

*sigh*

13. remembercolinlee

14. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Agree mate

I think next week (probably Monday) a tighter lockdown will be announced and no more outdoor exercise for people.

15. humanbeingincroydon

Of course, we're not supposed to consider that Covid-19 has a three week incubation period, and three weeks ago the Tories were dithering about closing schools, allowing the Cheltenham Festival to go ahead, and having no problem at all with that Stereophonics gig in Cardiff...

16. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

We gave Arsenal the use of our ground too! But that was wartime....."Don't panic Mr.Mainwaring! Don't panic!!!"

17. humanbeingincroydon

I don't accept that Poch rolled over for the media, considering how often he either no-sold any of their leading questions or outright trolled them during his press conferences

On the other hand press conferences were often a love-in when The Honest and Humble Saint Harry of Redknapp was in charge...yet the hacks still shat on us

18. humanbeingincroydon

19. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

The premier players have got together to create Players together and are working with the NHS charity trust , maybe now the the fat cats in the hedge funds and the off shore accounts will get their fingers out ........ doubt it they will be to busy making money out of this crisis
    Come on Tottenham do the right thing as well admit you ****ed up and pay up

20. humanbeingincroydon

Fixed

Alfie Conn likes this.