1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clyne "I want to play in the Champions League"

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Apr 13, 2015.

1. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

It was stated that the reason he did not join Utd was that HE thought he would be 2nd choice. He came to us as first choice, will be going to pool as first choice. I never mentioned money although a 300% payrise is very nice and few people would object. Pool are the type of team that throws money at problems and sometimes it sticks. Not sure how he will react if they buy another player and he is relegated to 2nd choice. He is a very quiet player on the pitch and will not have a leader like Jose next to him, hopefully he has more faith in his ability now or he could have a Lovren type of season, and not throw his toys like he did for England (although anyone would be pissed if the manager thought you were worse than Jones)

2. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, just feel a little less annoyed about this one as oppose to Twatbeard and 'I'll never walk alone Lovren'

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Goodbye Nat....I wont say good luck........So far to date you have had very little pressure as to how you play the game. At Liverpool you have a different manager and different tactics. You will have a manager that will expect a big return for his money and cannot except any reduction in ability or form. His job is going to be on the line very much this season so he is going to pass that pressure on. Think you can handle it? Lets see what the future holds as it ain't going to be as easy as you think!!

4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Oh god yes, different page to them entirely. I just mean the whole of Liverpool exists as our Ugly Sister.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

meh ... no full page ad?

Joking. That's how you leave a club. Well done Nat. Thanks for the three years, but adios, I've got something boiling in the kitchen.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Give it three weeks of Brenda's one on one training sessions and that chair will be like a sofa, lounging around.

TheSecondStain and ChilcoSaint like this.
  7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Good player for us and wish him the best for the future (but not Liverpool, if you can manage that, God). Shame he didn't stay, but don't see him as irreplaceable.

8. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

This should be the case with any manager at any decent club. If Clyne had signed what I expect was a fairly hefty offer (compared to other players on our payroll) I hope Koeman wouldn't be like "Yeah, you made it kid. Just take it easy from now on."

9. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

The only thing that has soured my view on clyne is the suspicio that he led the club along about new contract. Anywho, onwards and hopefully upwards.looking forward to seeing the new players

10. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Totally agree......but the difference at Saints was there was not an equally good right back to put pressure on. The expectations will be higher at Liverpool and perhaps they will not have the same patience as we have down here.

11. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

According to his ex-manager Warnock, Clyne will now make the step up. To where, might I ask.?

Clyne also said himself, this is a place where I can improve as a player. Oh really.? So Ronald's coaching is pretty sh*t is it.?

I've a feeling this Clyne as villain feeling might last a little longer without much effort. :)

12. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

No animosity whatsoever for Clyne. I will remember him fondly and I thank him for his 94 matches played for Saints. I would have even wished him luck in his new club, but I won't because it's Liverpool.

13. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Exactly.

14. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Why do I feel nothing about Clynes transfer? Strangely I don't give a dam.......weird.

15. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Crap fee, but he'd have happily run the contract down, so lets just hope the new boy can hit the ground running.

16. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

We all knew he was off. Emotional distance has been attained. He thinks he is better than our club - and I happen to think our club is better than he realises. If we improve again this season (which will take some more really astute signings) then we are likely to finish above him.

17. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to see how Cedric plays. exciting looking player

18. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

Not churlish just facts my friend

19. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Facts, facts, facts. Who creates these facts?

The FACT is that Nathaniel is moving for a larger pay cheque. Shock result. Young man in short career looks to maximise his earnings. Sure the figures are obscene. But did Nathaniel creat the system? He is a working class boy who has done good. He has given us fans three years of enjoying his skills. Good luck to him. I will be totally pissed off if he scores the winner at SMS next season, but then I hate everyone who scores against us!

Craig smith likes this.
  20. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Yes. Onwards and upwards. Thanks, Nat. But we have a new hero.