1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Clyne "I want to play in the Champions League"

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beef, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

The thing is, there is still a chance of CL here, but we all know it is not us he is thinking about. This isn't about CL, but rather the twisted perversion of a 'sport' where winning is about joining a team that always wins and not building success from the ground up. I can't respect Clyne for saying this as it shows his head is not on us at the most important moment in the club's history since 84…

Anyway, he isn't going to get the hate. We have enough pantomime villains.

2. Dohnut

Dohnut Active Member

Well Said. I totally agree. The lad has given us sterling service and been a team player throughout. We have had the benefit of an excellent player and we now stand to make a bit of money as he moves on. It's a win win situation as far as I can see.

Let's not spoil it now by carping about his desire to move on up. If it wasn't for that kind of attitude throughout the team Saints would still be struggling up through the Leagues. He has been totally professional in his dealings with the Club. Let's be proud of him and give him a rousing send off if he leaves at the end of the season. (Same goes for Morgan, of course).

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

good player, not a full back though.

4. fatletiss

Adjusted that for you :)

Beef likes this.
  5. fatletiss

Not many are being negative though towards Nat. Disappointed it looks like he's off, but not much slagging off.

6. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

He just needs to be very careful what he says as the fans could turn pretty quickly. He is better off keeping very quiet and going with a bit of dignity and not in a blaze of publicity
    He should learn from Sterling's mistakes...they haven't got the same agent have they?

7. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

I think we just need to get our heads around the likelihood of schneiderlin and clyne leaving in the summer and move on. I feel sure there will be good replacements. Schneiderlin will do well wherever he goes. Clyne is a hit of a risk and could end up a fringe player like one or two so called superstars who left last summer. So long as we get £60m for the pair, I'll be happy :)

8. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Ron's decision to play Toby at RB instead of McCarthy or another youth player shows Ron does not think we have a accadamy RB quite ready, he had no hesitation playing Target. Maybe in a year one will come through that is a capable understudy, of the few u21 I have seen I have generally thought our fullbacks showed great promise

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

We have another 2 good lb's coming through, crazy how many we bring through.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  10. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

:p

11. Jos Say No

Jos Say No Well-Known Member

Yes perhaps disappointed is probably a better summary, I can completely understand that. I just don't often have much to say so in this case it seemed like an ideal first post to make :azn:

12. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

The main thing that sucks is the huge disrespect to the saints fans from literally all of our players. Why not just keep quiet and praise the club and fans when the time comes for them to move on?

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Cos then fans accuse them of stringing us along. Can't win either way.

14. Osvaldorama

Nah, we all know Clyne and Schneiderlin are off anyway

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

True, but if he did what you said there would be some fans who would assume it meant he was staying. Not all of course but a fanbase is a massively diverse group of people, so you're always gonna piss some people off.

Me, I resigned myself to losing both months ago, and don't think any deserve **** for it. Paticuarly Morgan who has really knuckled down since being told no, and he probably thought (and it would be fair to say) that he deserved his big move before Lovren/Chambers. The simple fact with Morgan as well is he is too good for us. I've been telling non Saints supporting friends since league 1 that he will end up one of Europes best Midfielders at a truly big club one day and that's exactly what's gonna happen.

16. Osvaldorama

Couldn't agree more with all of this tbh. I will wish Morgan well and track his career, but my interest in Clyne will fade into hoping we beat whatever team he joins.

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

If Jay goes tho... I may accidently trip him up...

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

I will hope Clyne does well as it looks good on the club and to potential signings who aren't ready for one of the top clubs yet. We have a reputation of not only developing our own young talent but buying young talent and helping turn them into the finished article. I think this makes us an attractive prospect to young up and coming players.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I feel he owes us to play the last year of his deal. Saying that though, if he doesn't feature this season and someone was to offer £15m in the Summer then I would take the money and run.

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I completely agree with your first post Jos - in fact I'm not even disappointed. It's football and the opportunity is there for him to join a bigger CL level club. Fair enough really. He's been a good servant. We're not talking about a Lovren situation here. I wish him and Morgan well.