1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coloccini stays captain for next season

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

2. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I think we probably did actually. Gini is experienced at being Capitan and looks quality. Colback, De Jong and Janmaat would be existing contenders. Having said that if Colo stays and plays I wouldn't take it off him at this moment in time. I have a feeling that Gini will take it eventually though. We need to keep him around.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Disappointed. He's not a good leader and should never have been captain in the first place.

4. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

email from Newcastle that Colo has accepted a further 1 year contract added to the existing contract
    with an option for a further 1 year to come ??

5. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

6. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Only staying because his best mate Pardew didn't want him at Palace.
    I'll give it until November before he pulls his usual stunt and runs off to Argentina.

7. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Is he fit to play on Sunday? Hasn't featured in pre-season so just wondered.
    Even an unfit Colo with Mbemba must be better than either Willo or Taylor.

Obi Wan and Toon_Man_Sam1 like this.
  8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

He has to start. If Williamson or Taylor start we will concede goals.

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  9. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Sensible decision by Steve.

10. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Coloccini being slated by Mick Lowes on radio. Says he's up to his old tricks with regards to his contract, deja vu here similar to last 2 seasons. If he's struggling now why would we give him a new contract when we could take his 65k off the books at seasons end. No logic to me unless it's due to Cashley not wanting to spend on a better defender.
    Every paper I read says we are woefully weak at the back, if they can all see it why can't we?

11. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Mick Lowes is a fat odious walking heart attack ****. His opinion means **** all. He bashes Colo but at the same point licked the ball sack of Saylor, Carver, Stone, etc without any sort of regret or embarassment.. **** him now and forever.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Sadly, doesnt make him wrong. The Colo thing is a fcking shambles. Uncertainty, embarrassing performances, consistently related to wider issues at the club, so the solution is......offer him a new deal?

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Great. He has been ****e. Nice to see us ensure he picks up a nice pension fund. He will probably play sporadically when he feels like it. I'd have kept him simply because Saylor and Willo are so bad and Lascelles so young. We should have signed a leader and CB within the last 5 years. Not sure McClaren had many options but any talk of a new contract being true is just sickening. You have to earn those and he certainly ****ing hasn't with his hapless displays and gutless efforts. He has been only marginally better than Glass Steven and Titanic Mike. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Of course it is their fault he has been so **** and not trying...if you believe in pixies and ****ing unicorns.

Our club is a frustrating sack of ****. We spend big but don't sort the right areas out. We show positive intent but then make decisions like this.

14. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Put John Terry in his prime next to those two ****ing bottomfeeders and see how well he plays. I'm not saying Colo is in that class, far from it, the point is playing with cancerous **** like that would effect any defender. Doesn't mean I watched Santa plough my mother under the Christmas tree as a kid - just a difference of opinion.

15. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

It doesn't make sense to anyone with a brain. How can Colo hold the club to ransom when he's out of contract next summer? If he was making excessive demands they could either just flog him, send him out on loan or just let him go next summer regardless.

For me, it's clear what has happened. Colo wants to see out his career (the English side at least) with us. We, perhaps deciding not to sign another defender (notice how it's gone quiet on that front), and McClaren, maybe seeing how **** the rest of our defenders are, perhaps suggested a year extension on reduced terms, and Colo has agreed. Nothing else adds up. Colo's reported 65k-a-week wages could go on two defenders.

Look I'm as surprised as anyone he's been offered a new deal (at best I was hoping we'd keep him on until next summer), but even if we had signed (or still sign) another CB I'd rather we flog Taylor and Willo and keep Colo on with Lascelles as the fourth. His experience for these younger players could be invaluable. Moreover, if he can sort his head and positioning out (playing with better players around him might also help) there's no reason why he can't get back on his game, especially given that it's never been about pace.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He's been ****e end of, no excuses.

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  17. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

End of nothing. It is lucky he hasn't ended up in a ****ing insane asylum next to those two miscreants.

18. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Great decision lol

TheJudeanPeoplesFront likes this.
  19. Wisey's Hair

Wisey's Hair Well-Known Member

Thought he was okay today, clearly a bit rusty. Was up against a very good attack, we would have crumbled last season no question

20. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Not getting any better, either. He was breezed past about 20 times today, and had it not been for Mbemba or Colback, we'd have lost that game because of him. Obviously McClaren thinks he'll be necessary to promote the passing style, which in fairness was alright and a nice change. However, if he's constantly going to be bypassed with ease when it comes down to a 1 vs 1, he shouldn't be in the side.

NewcastleImp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.