1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Colombia v England

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

They were **** against Japan

They battered an immensely **** Polish team.

They were **** & lucky in their last game.

2. Rock'n'Roll

Rock'n'Roll Well-Known Member

Despite all of that you said they got required result in very hard group. It's only one team of tournament who got into playoff after losing first game. All others didn't.
    They almost got points vs Japan playing 10 full match. They got Poland during match of instant death.
    They could play draw vs Senegal if they wanted to do so, but they didn't.
    It is team with big heart and strong will...also there is top keeper, they have top strikers too...so i think...it's a very big mistake to underestimate them...stats are saying that is very serious and strong opponent...

3. Sir Cheshire Ben

I think you’re seeing what isn’t there.

Poland were absolute ****, honestly Panama would have beaten them in that game.

They were lucky against Senegal.

The group was the weakest of all groups, as will be shown tomorrow when both teams who went through will have been eliminated.

4. Rock'n'Roll

We'll see, we could just hope that England players don't have such illusions about weakness of James, Falcao, Quadrado, Mina and others...but prematch brave talk is always very good for supporters...not for players and manager :)
    It's proved already that weakest group was Spain&Portugal one. All of them are out.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Looking at the 10 remaining teams (Europe, Sth America, Europe, Europe, Sth America, Europe, Europe, Europe, Sth America, Europe) you can see why FIFA wants to expand it to 48 teams.

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

You’d usually judge after all have played.

We saw Falcao’s strengths when he played for two top end English teams. If he was English he wouldn’t make our third choice squad.

7. Rock'n'Roll

In my opinion some greatest players just don't have health and motivation to play in England due hardcore match traffic, physical requirements and some other things like weather and communication troubles. They have a football skill, but that's not enough to be EPL star. That's all. Basically they don't need English premiere league to prove themselves. Also they are still great world class players and can win top trophies and earn huge money elsewhere. Can you imagine Messi or Neymar playing in EPL? I can't do so.

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

Tomorrow he’ll be up against the English type players he failed to excel against. One look at Harry (the real one) & he’ll **** his pants. H will toy with him.

They could always go for a draw from the half hour mark & hope to win on pens. It’s proved successful already.

The English press have been reporting about the Ruskies being drugged up by your State sponsored Drugs Programme. Any truth in it?

9. Quill

Quill Bastard

I definitely think Colombia will set out to get a goal as quickly as possible, they need to put us on the back foot as soon as they can as we still look a bit dodgy at the back.

Think if they take the lead it could be a very tough game. If England take the lead, there's a decent chance it'll stay that way.

Colombia, for me, are the hardest team on our side of the draw to play against.

newlandcasual likes this.
  10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I resent all this negativity about my style of play, I do my best.

11. Rock'n'Roll

I don't feel or think so. Doping is useless in football. It is huge morale boost happened under greatest weight of public opinion. They were criticized, blamed and shamed so hard after last big tournament (Euro-2016), especially after situation when two rich&stupid guys were caught in Monaco drinking champaign after loss to Wales. Now it was tournament of whole life for our players. Failure could have stopped at all the profession of "so-called rich football player" itself in Russia. We've seen like they were simply ready to die for win. Not like Spain players, who already have everything in their life, past and future too. It was question of exctintion of football in Russia. Now it's success. That's all. Danger is over. I think it was not doping but mind revolution happened. But who knows, the government doesn't share its secrets with english press or anyone else (and russian people too). Our manager is another situation and different topic. There is opinion that he was replaced silently and secretly just before start of the World Cup. There are signs of really strange behaviour in squad management, tactics and so on. It's really long and amazing topic to discuss :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  12. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

I don't think we can underestimate anybody , only 2 years since the Iceland match . We seem a different animal now, but tonight is the time to prove that. I've only seen one Colombia match and they looked pretty good , maybe Poland were gash but We keep saying we could only beat the panama put in front of us , same for them and Poland

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  13. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how Colombia approach the game will they come at us or sit deep and hit us on the break.
    If they come at us will win 3-1.
    If they sit deep it's a 50/50 game.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They could expand it 100 teams, it will still end up with the latter stages being teams from Europe and South America.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  15. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

I don't know what everyone is worried about, we'll have this **** wrapped up by half time.

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Just wanted to get first for tonights game (NB Kemps - THIS IS ME, NOT STAN OR ANYONE ELSE FFS)

Meh. Typical City. Bloody Ti...Lions. #SouthgateOut

17. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I genuinely don't understand this, Happy. Wot u on about blud?

Happy Tiger likes this.
  18. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

I don't like the format of two halves of the draw.
    I think at the end of each round a new draw should be made, i.e. a pot of the group winners and a pot of group runners up.
    From the next tournament of course, not this one :emoticon-0138-think

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That was never going to happen, some of the stadiums are 4,000 miles apart, you can't give 40,000 people three days notice of where their next game is going to be.

20. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Yes that makes sense, I never thought of that.
    But everyone knows the people at the match are unimportant, it is us TV watchers that matter most!