1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Comings and Goings Summer 2016

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 20, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Talk of Glasgow Rangers being interested in Curtis Nelson.....Rangers manager Mark Warburton has already brought in Joey Barton and Josh Windass and is also in talks with Newcastle defender Steven Taylor.

Had to happen one day....but we need proper money for him....no give aways this time.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ummm out of contract Plymborn, as are all of them, so we don't get anything do we? Not like the good old days when you held the player's registration which was the equivalent of a ball and chain on his ankle.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Oh dear....overlooked that small fact.....typical Argyle.

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Might be wrong and it might depend on the age of the player, but I have a feeling that if they have been offered a contract then the club is still entitled to some 'compensation'. Think they are actually mostly on 1 year rolling contracts which from a transfer pov makes things slightly different. I would be amazed if Curtis was still here next season, but then again I was told it was nailed on that he was leaving last summer!

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You clearly have more knowledge than I do Lyndhurst.

I saw Josh Windass at Home Park this season and he was outstanding. In fact I made a note that he'd be one I'd like Argyle to chase in this current closed season until I found out he was already under option to Glasgow Rangers! Now we have Curtis Nelson connected with the same club. He has been exceptional for us this season but assuming it's true, it's interesting that Rangers, who presumably have an expectation rather than a hope of being at the top of the Scottish League and playing in Europe very quickly indeed, would recruit two players from the 4th tier of English football.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It is strange that the once giant Rangers are picking up lower league players....does it mean that they can't afford established stars anymore ?

Not only Josh Windass from Accrington....but also Matt Crooks as well.......Joey Barton from Burnley is more experienced of course...but does come with a bit of a health warning....known to boil over at times....but the price must of been right to take the gambol.

I'm not sure that Curtis Nelson can make the jump to the Scottish Premiership in one go......will he get much first team time to start with.....although playing well in Div2....he has been caught out now and again and the Scottish League is surely no worse than the English Championship.....maybe it's more paper talk at the moment.....lets wait and see.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

The scots premier is the same as league 2 in England? :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: its not a step up

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Jamille Matt is being chased by three other Div2 clubs for his signature as well as Argyle.....Blackpool, Grimsby and Colchester are showing interest.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

29 year old right back Gary Millar has rejected an offer to stay on at Scottish Premiership club Partick Thistle......this is a player that Derek Adams has bought before....and has been impressed how he can adapt to many different systems that can be played.....will Adams make a move for him......this is a position that has been a problem at times for PAFC with Kelvin Mellor generally being first choice.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Peter Hartley has held talks with newly promoted Grimsby.....his family never relocated to Devon.....he just wants to get back to the north east.......I think Hartlepool had been showing interested as well.....who would believe it that we would come second best to Grimsby.....I used to work with a service engineer who twice a year had to go up their to service equipment....he had to stay over night and hated the whole area.

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not much news for a week is it.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Welcome back sensible......hope you didn't get sea sick on the Broads.....or frost bitten.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Actually the sun shone every day plym. Bit frosty if you stand on the beach up there though. Journey back was terrible and took 12 hours. Every turn there seemed to be an accident or something and the traffic was awful. I think most of our motorways have been turned into car parks.

We could do with some good news coming out of Home Park couldn't we. Especially after the Wembley farce. Doesn't look like there will be anything soon though apart from possibly people leaving. Are we going to get another scramble this season with every other team signing players left right and centre and us signing nobody.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Derek Adams had grabbed a few days holiday this week....but I'm sure he has kept his fingers on the pulse and has a few things ticking over surely ???.....

Most players contracts will finish the end of this month so he needs to know who will be taking up their offers besides Carey, Jervis & Sawyer, this probably goes for any potential targets...although i would have thought we would have heard about Jamille Matt by now.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The Edinburgh News is saying that Jordon Forster is part of Hibs new manager Neil Lennon's plans for the future....and is offering him a two year contract when he returns from holiday.....how far up Derek Adams wish list was the Hibs player ?

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't think it was ever on the cards he would become our player was it. Anyone else want to see some signs of incoming for next season? I don't think it's going to sell many season tickets at this rate.

17. lyndhurstgreen

no great loss, too slow and too many mistakes.

18. lyndhurstgreen

Oh well at least some news-Matt has signed for Blackpool on a two year deal. probably a no brainer for him as he wont need to move house..... Rather hoping DA is back from his hols next week and we start to see some 'incoming' replacements.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bit choked about that....as you say just up the road from home and a 2 year deal.......didn't want to come here as much as we thought.

If Reid goes as well plus Brunt out for another 6 months that will leave us in a proper mess up front.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

At the moment it looks like the following could well disappear over the Mendips. Reid. Hartley, Nelson and McHugh. Possible no defence left. Tyler Harvey rumoured to go as well but not sure how true that is. All I can say is here we go again. I am getting very disillusioned once again with all of this and beginning to wonder why I even bother to go to the football thing. Might just as well give that a miss and go for a beer without it. I've already made my feelings known regarding finances and the like so I won't bother with dragging that up again. (I could hear the sigh of relief all around). I just wonder what the excuse will be this time for not having anything to spend.