1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Congratulations

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by mancgeordie1892, Jun 1, 2011.

1. mancgeordie1892

Congrats on winning promotion to the Premiership!

I am a Newcastle fan and had a £100 bet with a Swans fan that you wouldn't go up, but looking at this in the long run I am not too bitter about you coming up as the quality of football you play can only improve the best league in the world and I sorta have a soft spot for Swanselona from since we were relegated to the Championship.

Me and my Welsh mate have been talking about the signings and where you are going to finish in the league next season, and we both reckon about 12-14th in the league depending if you get the signings you need. I reckon another CB, two midfielders and two strikers, as Craig Moore is pish. I reckon Borini will be at the top of that list but maybe players that have been released or that are on the fringe of squads. IE Williamson from ourselves. maybe

Anyway where do you think you will finish and who do you think you will sign this season.

2. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Cheers. I'll have to bin my alliegance to the Toon until the day when we're in separate leagues again. Sorry.

Rodgers and the Chairman are already discussing signings and imo top of the list should be the defence. I'm sure it already is. Whilst being marvelous servants for the Club, neither Tate nor Monk are up to Prem football. Our midfield is lightweight in stature (remember how Gomez struggles in the Prem for Wigan but was brilliant with us?) but we do have Agustien to come back, though I'm not sure if he'll figure. I think Borini is class and may well sign. We need him for sure. If not, then I agree we need to buy - Luke Moore and Craig Beattie simply aren't good enough at this level.

Soooo looking forward to the ride!<ok>

3. Ctrl Freak

Ctrl Freak Member

I think Monk will be given a chance actually. There's the 'Talisman' factor too. he's been through a lot with the players. We definately need to replace Tate though. Dobbie, Sinclair and Dyer will be given their chances I think. They've done too much to be sold or dismissed. Since Borinis gone we really, REALLY need an established frontman that has the ability to bang in 15 or so goals a season.