1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus - non football

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFCDRUM, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Sweden are asking for trouble. There's nothing special about them in terms of being immune and if their government isn't protecting them then many Swedes will die sadly. Their stats might be low now but they'll be snowballing rapidly.

Flash Gordon likes this.
  2. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

We're too late Hank. New Zealand have done so well because they got in early. They went into full lockdown with 100 cases in the whole country. We still let Cheltenham festival go ahead when we had more than 300.

At the same point, Brits were saying "it's just the flu", "it only kills old people, that's why Italy is so bad. It won't be that bad here.

We were still about 3 weeks away from "if I have to go to work then I'm still gonna have a pint", let alone total lock down.

History is going to show that we did a bad job of this and were under prepared. Now we just have to ride it out.

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  3. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

I agree with this. There's plenty to admire Scandinavians for but this isn't one of them. It doesn't matter how well they listen and are sensible, if they get a little cluster, it will ravage them. I suspect they're doing so well because so many other countries are locked down, that the infection is not reaching them as easily as it got around everyone else.

Ozzymac likes this.
  4. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Yet Sweden have just under 10,000 cases with 544 yesterday.

upload_2020-4-11_9-35-15.png

Jerry lee likes this.
  5. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Spot on, we did not react quickly enough, with testing and contact tracing and lockdown, we allowed coronovirus to take hold..

So if we had acted promptly even without a vaccine or lots of ventilators, PPE etc we could have stopped the spread (hence my weed tantrum in an earlier post). The tories/Bonko dithered and faffed and missed the chance...plus of course the NHS starved of funding was in no state to deal with lots of infected patients, hence too many deaths including health workers.

6. becs

becs Well-Known Member

It's only three weeks - just slightly longer than the Christmas break when everyone is happy to sit on the sofa watching ****e and eating chocolate.

If people could stay in for three weeks, it means the people like me who are stuck at home for three months could get back to normal quicker.

7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Exactly.

All people have to do is pretend they have broken legs ...

... if they can't manage that, me and the lads will come round and do it for them <laugh>

8. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

That's it, Pitty, have a dig and try to divide us at a time when we should be more united than we've ever been :emoticon-0148-yes:

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  9. Jerry lee

Jerry lee Well-Known Member

10 years of unnecessary Tory austerity measures have come & well & truly bit us in the arse

Yet buffoon & his cronies will come out of this as knights in shining armour at the next election

10. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how a person should feel.

Pondering about all those tragic and negligent work decisions that will sadly and ultimately end with tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths!

Imagining, that how that person through their own stupidity and recklessness could also have died!

Never-mind…

I feel so much better now, because that person now is a ' hero' a 'fighter’ he 'clapped', he 'waved', he 'took it on the chin' and survived... Those thousand dead yesterday were barely mentioned, it is if our mainstream news reports are kindred to 'operation last gasp'...

Flash Gordon likes this.

11. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

Spot on Nacho, until there is a vaccine the only thing that can help stop you from contracting this virus is social distancing.
    Stay at home, keep safe.

12. Jerry lee

Unless you've already caught it & survived your immune from catching it again

But there nee vaccination till September at the earliest if you believe the right wing fifth knan as our press

13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Does that not tell you anything ?

14. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

FUMING AT THIS. I suppose it was only a matter of time before the human rights lot threw their spanner in.
    The government the police and all the good people are finding it hard to get some people to comply, so go on, give them all a ''my human rights'' clause to continue their behaviour. Ms Harman, I consider someone spreading the virus towards me as a justifiable potential threat to my life.
    And to all MPs ---- I surely have a right to have my life protected --- do you need reminding that the first duty of government is the protection of its citizens.
    I for one wouldn't be bothered if I had to go through an appeal to get a wrong charge or fine reversed if it means that those who are offending are still being found and dealt with.

© Provided by The Independent
    Police attempts to stop the public flouting coronavirus lockdown measures over the Easter bank holiday could breach human rights laws, MPs have warned.

As forces threaten to fine people for travelling to rural areas or making “non-essential” journeys, a report by the Joint Committee on Human Rights said police may be punishing members of the public “without any legal basis”.

It said “widespread confusion as to what people are and are not permitted to do” was leading to violations of fundamental freedoms, with people being questioned, fined and even arrested when they have not broken the law.

There has already been at least one miscarriage of justice, which saw a woman wrongly fined £660 under the Coronavirus Act 2020 for a crime she did not commit.

Harriet Harman, chair of the Joint Committee on Human Rights (JCHR), called the lockdown “the most significant and blanket interference with individual liberty in modern times”.

She said the “extreme measures” can only be lawful if justified by potential loss of life, and “if the measures only interfere with human rights and civil liberties to the extent necessary, are enforced in a clear, reasonable and balanced manner, and enforcement is authorised and does not go beyond what is prohibited by law”.

Zig81 likes this.
  15. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Someone else that's trying to divide the U.K.

That last paragraph, that she quoted, sums up why this is necessary . . . . the stupid cow <doh>

I can't remember, and I can't be bothered to look, but I bet that Harman is involved with the Labour Party :emoticon-0112-wonde

16. Zig81

Zig81 Well-Known Member

Erm..... Harriet, I hate to tell you this but as far as I’m aware thousands of people have lost their lives to this so that is your potential loss of life quote.

People like her need to keep it ****in shut as it gives the idiots an excuse to do what they wish.

17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Have you noticed it’s always the losers who can do knack all come up with this s hit.

18. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Good God, not a lot else I can say.

gelders pie likes this.
  19. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

It tells me a couple of things. 1. That the lives of human beings are more important than money. 2. That there WAS a "magic money tree" now that the lives of the people who fund the government through taxation are at risk..... In other words, the Tories have been biting the hand that feeds them for 10 years and the "austerity" bluster has been shown to be the big con that it was in the first place

clockstander and Jerry lee like this.
  20. Jerry lee

Aye don't vote tory