1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Honestly it seems to be getting better and stocks are pretty normal in the supermarkets. They are restricting numbers that can be in the store at any one time so that social distancing is possible, which seems sensible. It's the monthly Costco run today so I'll let you know.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Anyone else been wondering why the UK 'recovered ' number has been stuck on 135 when most other countries are bombing ahead? Me too. Just read this very interesting article, & it appears that it might be for a very simple reason. Lack of tests! Seems that to be officially 'recovered' you must have 2 clean tests 24 hours apart. Due to the shortage of tests, it seems we're putting them to more important use. Of course, in my enthusiasm, I may have misunderstood. Happy to be put right. Have a wee read .....

https://www.businessinsider.com/4-t...nce-a-person-has-recovered-what-can-they-do-4

esteponawhite likes this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

A great read in this Reuter’s article if you have a few minutes to spare

Whitejock and Eric Le Merde like this.
  4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

There's going to be an enourmous amount of 20-20 hindsight when this is over and hopefully enough of the protagonists will be around to discuss what was good and what could have been better. Our lot are going to have to explain why an infected cruise ship was allowed to dock and passengers disembark, leading to a significant proportion of the infections and deaths here in Australia, even after this sort of thing was supposed not to happen, the UK will have some other issues and the US other problems etc. Personally I'm happy to let that discussion wait until later, when this virus is tamed, but I recognise that some will certainly be looking for answers sooner than that.

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

The issue of Cheltenham is a major one, not just in uk but Ireland. A festival that never should have gone ahead. Thousands of idiots travelled over from here, some known personally to me. I spoke to one, three days before the festival who was going. Asked him what was he thinking about and he laughed off the idea. His response was shur I go every year for the week, it’s great crack

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the government wanted a ‘certain amount’ of spread and infection. No country is getting away with it and there is a huge chunk of the population that would never listen. If people don’t catch and spread it this year or this time around they will next time. It’s always been about ensuring the NHS copes.

Me personally and all things considered I think they’ve got it just about right. Those more vulnerable are always going to say we should have locked down sooner. Those younger or business owners are going to feel the lock down was a bit harsh. You can’t please everyone.

Our hair salon is getting 4-5 calls a day with women asking if we’re allowed to open yet, I’m getting 2-3 calls a day asking if I’ll collect or deliver second hand furniture I’m in the East Midlands, one guy asked if I’d collect and deliver an organ to Cardigan Bay in Wales. I’m reminding them of the lock down but they don’t care. It’s the public for you.

7. Eireleeds1

Here’s a nice idea
    31FA0349-8CEB-48F5-AEFA-81F76BB6B71D.jpeg

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Hope the organ was the musical kind and not a biological one :emoticon-0105-wink:

ristac and ellandback like this.
  9. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all I don't like liars but never suggested that anyone deserved to die. I don't know how you thought that.

10. lifecheshirewhite

TBF I don't see why you can't collect and deliver things, you can still buy new things for delivery. If you just deliver to the door it's no difference.

11. lifecheshirewhite

People were trying to justify, wanting Boris to suffer, I mistook your post for doing the same, having said that, can you name a honest politician who doesn't lie.

12. Eireleeds1

Tbf cheese everyone has their own pet thing they feel they should be able to do. My business is at back of dads house but still have to shutdown. Mate of mine a mad golfer can’t understand why we can’t play golf. Another can’t understand horse racing behind closed doors. It’s simple, lockdown is lockdown. If you start making exceptions gobshites will justify going to parks and beaches. Ow wait a minute <whistle>

13. lifecheshirewhite

Don't really see why you have to lockdown either TBH, but maybe you will be one of the first slow back to work guys, trouble with golf is the 19th hole.

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’d need to take someone in the van with me and go into someone’s home. I’m also delivering for a pharmacy so despite my own thoughts, I’ve got to think about those I’m delivering too

15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Heard today Ascot is going ahead behind closed doors, that beggars belief.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Not surprised. The horsey community always believed they were a class above everyone else and get special treatment from governments all over accordingly

Gessa likes this.
  17. lifecheshirewhite

It's June though isn't it,football may also be back then behind closed doors, hopefully a lot of improvement in 2 months.

18. lifecheshirewhite

You've got mail.

ristac likes this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Tried sainsbury earlier but too many waiting to get in. Best time is last hour in the evening. The range had a lot waiting in line cos its got an Iceland inside so it's open. So many people were coming out with their essentials like new bins and dinner sets etc. Paint is an essential apparently too.
    Just been over to the canal to find a piece of pipe to use as a breaker bar. New pads coming for the old rover by delivery.
    Immigrants at bottom of street greeting their friends and going inside with them. Four Asian youths strolling down the street as if nothing is happening.
    Now some were sat by canal but way way apart and that's good. Had four druggies running around at one this morning. Now if I could wish anyone to get the virus it would be them. Trouble is as usual someone responsible has to look after them. Should be left to rot the scum.

Infidel likes this.
  20. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Polititions are not noted for telling the truth that's for sure. You don't usually see the word honesty used in conection with politics.