1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

A bit harsh call Eire slow isn't it. Or maybe it isn't - we've never met:grin:

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I am at present <laugh>

3. lifecheshirewhite

Well I've been waiting years for him sort out the pot holes in my road. <whistle>

4. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Anyone watched the David Icke video? Saw it was trending on twitter yesterday as it had been censored by YouTube and others. Found it here:

explains why some have been burning 5g masts. Think that bit was about 50 mins in. Last I remember he said he was Jesus some years ago.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I do a home diy repair kit Just send me your bank details and I’ll have one delivered <ok>

6. lifecheshirewhite

It's OK I've told the cat to **** in it for now, probably do a better job than the local council

7. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

In a couple of years we'll a look back on this virus thing and laugh. Not all of us, obviously. <whistle>

8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Discuss :D

please log in to view this image

9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

New Zealand had just their 2nd death, read it on another forum and had to look it up, they’ve suppressed it like nobody else has managed

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You could argue each and everyone of those points, both for and against and this was obviously put together by a Boris hater. A lot of the decisions were based on scientific advice, I would hope that scientific advice would always be the correct and right way forward over opinion.

Several of the “Failed” repeat themselves to look more than there is....

Failed to lockdown 3 weeks earlier
    Failed to implement full lockdown
    Failed to close the borders.... In other words the opinion is he failed to lock us down sooner and harder. Would that have been the right approach is debatable

Failed to bail out workers
    Failed to bail out self employed.... It’s the same thing both are workers and the complaint is it took 2/3 weeks to implement?

Ventilators, was there actually a shortage in any hospital, did he not act quick enough to ensure there was no shortage?

Failed to follow his own advice, nobody knows how he caught it, if you’re knocking him for catching it then surely you’re knocking everyone else and saying serves you right for not washing your hands?

lifecheshirewhite and Infidel like this.

11. Whitejock

Every critical decision is made by using advisors. Remember Iraq & the WMDs?

Btw, are you aware that the two-faced basturd & his tory cronies all APPLAUDED in the house after voting against NHS pay rises? Irony or predictability?

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did they applaud for winning a vote against Corbin?

This might upset some and it’s hard to put my feelings/thoughts into typo...

The NHS staff are doing a great job, I don’t doubt that. I have no idea what the pay is so I can’t say if they deserve a pay rise or not. My father died 10 years ago of gangrene in hospital after being admitted for Parkinson’s tests, the nurses and staff failed him, they failed to spot and prevent a bed sore.

If you join the army, you know the pay, you know you might need to fight for your country and lose your life. It’s no use a soldier complaining when the worst scenario occurs.

If you join the NHS you know the pay, you know you’re expected to save lives, you know the score. Again I think they’re doing a fine job but I’d be surprised and disappointed if they were not

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Bysshe and Infidel like this.
  13. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Yes, they have done really well only 4-5 million people but a great result. They shut their borders and locked down etc really early and put the virus in check.

ristac likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. Whitejock

This might upset you, but I can't see the relevance of this to my post.

Are you saying that it was ok to invade Iraq on the data presented by the government 'experts'?

Are you saying it was ok for the tory cnuts to applaud when voting down the NHS pay rise in the HoC?

Are you saying that every statement on that meme is fine & dandy?

Really?

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1) I’m not privileged to the information the government had when invading Iraq and as it was a Labour government I’m not sure why it’s relevant in a Boris Johnson rant.

2) Why do you believe the nurses deserved a pay rise in 2017? Before today did you know what they were already on? Did the Tory’s cheer because they don’t like the nurses or did they cheer the fact they defeated Corbin?

3) I’m saying on that meme it’s been put together by a Boris hater and it repeats itself. There are three points that could be argued, hindsight is a great gift.

17. Whitejock

1. Easy. It was you who brought up 'experts' to bail out Boris. I gave you another example of what 'experts' brought us.

2. Everyone believed the NHS (note, not just nurses) deserved a pay rise, everyone apart from 323 tory cnuts in the HoC & of course their sycophant followers who saw the victory, but not the substance. That's now 10 years of their pay capped at 1%. Or less. Nurses capped at !% for the last 5 years. The previous 5 years totalled only 2%. In 10 years, next to fcuk all.
    You mentioned Nurse's pay in particular, trumpeting that they start on band 5 on £24k pa. Do you know WHY they start on band 5? Because they have to! They now require a degree, but that's obviously escaped your notice. 3 years minimum unpaid study & a whopping student debt before they can get such a ****e wage. If they did, say, a 40 hour week on minimum wage, they could have earned £54k over that 3 years instead of running up an average debt of £54k. They start £108k down on the deal! They could have joined the police on £25k with fcuk all need for a degree! Nurses used to get paid to learn, just like cops, but now they actually pay for the privilege of workings, unpaid, for 2000 hours on the wards as part of their course.

And they cheered this.

3. OK, so it repeats itself. Can't be bothered arguing that point. But tell me where it's wrong. And don't give me hindsight, because almost every other western country has made a better fist of this. They had experts too. And I don't believe any of them performed a U-turn, because they got it right. Herd my arse! How very Ayrian.

I note that you can pick apart bits of the meme, but note most alarmingly that you do not respond to the question at the end. What positivity does Boris offer? Nearly dying is the closest I can think of.

Before you reply, read the links below.

https://www.polfed.org/pay/constable-pay-scales/

https://nursingnotes.co.uk/news/wor...54k-of-debt-isnt-it-time-we-paid-them-a-wage/

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/04/tories-protect-nhs-coronavirus-slogan

18. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth:

1) number of residents- New Zealand 4.8m, UK over 67m,

2) annual number of visitors - NZ 3.2m, UK 36m.

So aside from a huge disparity in resident numbers, NZ has a much lower ratio of visitors to residents each year.

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  19. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what point you are making but based on your numbers NZ has a higher ratio of visitors to residents, (3.2/4.8) 0.66 compared to (36/67) 0.53 for the UK.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1) So what should Boris have done, not listen to scientific experts? You fail to give him credit for acting on the advice of experts and still listening to them when they advise ia change of course is required. The entire world failed to stop the spread but for Boris haters it’s easy to blame him

2) The lockdown in regards to timing, measures and how far we go is way too debatable and far too many “what ifs” to have a definitive right or wrong answer.

3) Boris failed to bail out workers for two weeks or Boris was quick to implement unprecedented measures within two weeks, it depends if you like or dislike him. I’m just pointing out it’s a meme that repeats itself to look worse for the Boris haters.

4) If someone is deciding on a future and they decide they want to be a nurse and they’ve seen the pay scale then it’s his or her choice. The average wage for an A&E nurse is £59k I think that’s more than decent https://www.maydayhealthcareplc.co.uk/nurse-pay-rates-by-sectors/a-and-e-nurse/s47001/ Again though, the haters will make it sound like they cheered against the nurses, the truth is they cheered as they beat Corbin