1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Corona virus

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by lifecheshirewhite, Feb 25, 2020.

1. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Sounds like you did everything right and should be ok.

I hope so!

2. lifecheshirewhite

Where do you live mate, keep seeing local cases and deaths going up here, but don't know anyone with it.

NostradEmus likes this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm live in Skipton but work about 1km from a hospital near Keighley. There is alot of cases around the hospital area. One of the guys who died of it only retired from our spot about 18 months ago.

I know quite alot who have had it. There is a slight possibility I've already had it. My symptoms were very very mild but did result in a very tight chest and difficulty breathing especially after any effort. Probably just a bug but nobody knows. I couldn't get tested at the time.

Where are you?

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  4. NostradEmus

Yes, as ever though, we are at the mercy of other peoples behaviour. There was a bit of an inquest on why the area wasn't cordoned off immediately. I wasn't the only one exposed!

Management eh?

5. lifecheshirewhite

Crewe in Cheshire, 109 died in the local hospital, but I don't know anyone with it, on nice sunny days it just all seems a dream or nightmare.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  6. NostradEmus

Don't let your guard slip.

Welder at work, mid 50's had it (not tested). Said he was in bed for 3 days, only got out to go to the toilet. Thought he was going to die. He said his whole body was shivering and his legs ached that much he had to crawl to the bathroom. Once that subsided he said he started with the worst sore throat, couldn't swallow and felt like he had broken glass in his throat. Then the cough started.... Roughest week of his life. Lives with his wife who was looking after her mum. Her mum caught it and was dead 3 days after showing symptoms. Lad at work thinks he might have passed it on before he showed symptoms.

Another lad at work had it (not tested) and said it was fairly mild. Just a cough for a few days and that he slept it off quickly. An elderly neighbour (86 year old woman) of his fell and broke her leg. Ambulance came and took her in to get it fixed. She caught it in hospital and died 2 weeks after her fall.

Another, mid twenties, been off for 3 weeks with it.

Just be really careful out there. It's almost like a game of roulette. You just don't know how it will affect you!

Numbers are falling gradually but maintain the distance rules for a few more weeks. Don't **** about with this thing. It's scary stuff!

ristac, davy, Whitejock and 2 others like this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Well said Emu. I realise many people want to play down the significance of this for whatever reason. Maybe gives them a false sense of security. Personally I’ve become totally paranoid about it and almost have the skin washed off my hands at this point. I think we all need to read a post like that daily to keep us on red alert

8. NostradEmus

I was never dismissive of this thing but definitely took it with a pinch of salt at the beginning. Alot of people at work have relatives working at the hospital and the hospital workers are bringing it home and then these guys are bringing it to work.

Some of the stories I've heard from the hospital are horrendous. It's gotten in to lots of the wards. Poor buggers. There has to be some mental issues to deal with later on. Heartbreaking!

You DO NOT want to be going in to hospital with this thing. Once you are in you just get exposed to more and more of it. Not a good situation.

Oh, and mate! I've washed my hands that much they are cracked and bleeding. I'm using the wifes handcreams! Keep doing it, it could have and will save your life!

9. Eireleeds1

For the most part citizens of all countries have done an amazing job of keeping this relatively subdued. I just worry how long we can keep this up. Economically how long can we last too

NostradEmus and ristac like this.
  10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I thought the latest 'advice' was not to wear gloves, as you simply cross-contaminate with the gloves on in the way you would with your skin anyway.

Then again, the 'advice' changes daily at times .... <doh>

NostradEmus likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can you get a test, I’m sure it’s open to all now? Would the test show already or do you need to have one of the symptoms?

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Witherspoons are planning on opening in June so they’re saying. Not sure if that’s in defiance or plain wishful thinking

13. NostradEmus

We wear the disposable rubber gloves. They will cross contaminate but it's more of a reminder to not touch your face. It acts like a prompt.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. NostradEmus

I qualified for testing last week but unless I have been within 1.5 metres of the infected person for 15 mins or more then I need to show symptoms. I haven't been in the same building as the guy but handled alot of stuff that he had been handling. That area has now been barriered off subject to a deep cleanse after 72 hours by someone wearing the hazard suits etc. Silly c**t here just had rubber gloves on!

ristac likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

It has to be wishful thinking. No pub, chain or otherwise can just do a solo run and open up when they like. At this point, all dates mentioned for sports or businesses opening can only be wishful thinking. The medical experts will dictate

16. Whitejock

What if the pubs did collection or delivery, like loads of other outlets? <whistle>

Would suit me. I'm literally a 3 minute amble from the pub - much less if I give myself a giddy-up. I'd get back to the house just in time to go for my next pint. Bonus - I'd get exercise too! I shall go to sleep sending out positive vibes to the government tonight. <cheers>

17. Eireleeds1

Wouldn’t take away beer from a pub be basically same as going to the off licence. If you wanted exercise, you could walk to off licence, buy one can, bring it home and drink it, then head back to off licence and keep repeating the process

Whitejock likes this.
  18. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Our lads have already been at it, busted on grounds of violating licensing laws. <wah>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-52436432/coronavirus-pint-delivery-service-to-challenge-belfast-ban

ristac, Eireleeds1 and Whitejock like this.
  19. Whitejock

20. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Morning, not been on for a while, reason for that is I have been looking after the Mrs.
    Last Thursday she came home from work feeling very ill, she is a care worker and is on the Dementia wing of the home.
    There are 4 cases of Corona in the home, 3 of them on the wife’s wing.
    She was sent for a test on Friday, tested positive, deteriorated over the next couple of days, admitted into hospital Sunday, the doctor checked her temperature, breathing etc and asked her “ what makes you think you have Corona?? She showed him the phone with the result on it from the NHS ffs” once he read it he walked away, she was released on the Monday and has been in isolation here at home since, let me inform you it is tough looking after someone who has this virus, cleaning, feeding, separation etc. but she has passed the worse but is very weak.
    Going back to the 3 cases of Corona at her work, they all have Dementia and one was admitted into hospital, she is 79 poor lass, on the 2nd day being in there she was sent back to the home as the hospital staff could not handle her with her Dementia, shouting, hitting out, soiling herself etc. The question I would like to ask is who are the true super stars in all of this, I certainly have my own ideas who are.