1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Could there be a case made for the lady to be asset stripping?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beddy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

While maybe one of the transfers is understandable....if we're not a selling club why are we selling so many players?
    Is it any wonder that our star players are getting nervous and want out?
    It seems to me at any rate that our new chair lady could be accused of asset stripping.
    I wouldn't argue that some of the prices are silly money for the players however if we were not a selling club why let them go.
    If they really are keen on progressing how the hell are they going to do that by selling the cream of the crop?
    Was RK made aware of what was likely to happen before he joined us?
    Would we be surprised if he jacked it in as a bad job?
    Ok a lot of questions I agree but surely it is time for the board to answer a few?

2. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Agree Beddy the Board need to come out with a statement. Not sure we are asset stripping we have brought in 2 at fairly large fees.

3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Quite **** at asset stripping if you bring in new players tho right? Threads like this don't help at all.

4. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I made the point ages ago that you can make more money selling players individually than by selling the club as a whole. I'm not yet convinced she's just looking to make as much money as possible before selling - decent sums have been spent on Pelle and Tadic - but I won't rule it out either.

If the intention is to improve the club then they've shot themselves in the foot. A lot of football fans I've spoken to see us as a club on the slide, bordering on a joke. Players probably think the same so it's not going to be easy convincing quality players to come here.

The nicest thing you can say about the current board is that they're incompetent rather than malicious, which is just sad really.

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I don't see this as asset stripping. I think we got here by some serious spending (perhaps even wild spending) by Nicola Cortese. It worked, we are in the promised land (thanks, Nicola) and now the chickens have come home to roost. Saints are in the middle of a shake down...getting spending on track. I mentioned elsewhere that I think KL has been sorting out her father's businesses and has closed a few. Her regime is not his (and may in fact be more sensible than his). She seems keen on the club and has memories of her father's enjoyment in his last year...doesn't mean she will be full of sentimental mush, but she has a link to us. The cull appears dramatic, but for all we know may make financial sense for the good of Saints...even if the plan is to get us oven ready for a sale.

p.s. Don't believe KL intends to sell us in the short term btw.

6. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

If it is asset stripping, why is it blatantly obvious that players have driven most of the moves and not the owners?

Asset stripping = delusion. Worse, asset stripping in principal looks like an idea based as much on KL's gender as anything else. And her weight too. Shameful.

7. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

If we were selling our best players to the likes of Newcastle, West Ham & Villa etc, then I'd be very concerned.

Fact is, we are selling players to the biggest & richest clubs in the country. Clubs the players in question, WANT to join.

Could the club do more to keep some of the players? Possibly, but basically, we are victims of our own success and the realities of football business/finance/history.

8. The Archers

The Archers Well-Known Member

What the hell as her gender or weight got to do with anything?? A comment based on nothing you silly little boy.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

This post is too positive towards the board.... They have to have a agenda come on?

10. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

That's a ridiculous suggestion. There have been articles suggesting she ruined/asset stripped other businesses she inherited and we appear to be selling a lot of important players. I don't agree she IS asset stripping but it's easy to see how someone might think that's what's happening. Her appearance is irrelevant.

11. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Calling some one a silly little boy is kind of sad? You could have just said you don't agree.

12. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

No.

Google 'asset stripping' and you will see how wide of the mark your post is

13. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I don't think this is asset stripping. I do think there's levels of mismanagement and incompetence though.

14. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

While i dont think asset stripping is whats going on.BUT look at the amount of money made by players sales compared to the money spent (so far). I can see why people are fearing the worst

15. ......loading......

My point is that I have seen an awful lot of comments, not so much on this particular forum, about being stripped by that "fat bitch". Ever since she took over I have been embarrassed by the hostility she has received, IMO, because she is a woman.

Asset stripping is an active pursuit, not a passive one. We are bring asset stripped, we are not asset stripping.

Oh, and I know you guys are upset, but there is no need for name calling.

16. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

We won't spend as much as we receive in, I'd say it was almost impossible and not even Redknapp or Allardyce could pad their squad with enough journeyman to soak up what Saints have got in the kitty.

Saints are shopping in the £8m-£12m bracket tops. We WILL NOT spend £20m on a player because those players worth that would not come to Saints, they go to CL teams.

The club (Les Reed) will say the transfer income will pay for players, but its not just transfer fees, its the wages over the term of their contract they take into account in the total pot.

17. The Archers

The Archers Well-Known Member

His comment had no relevance on a football forum....a comment that didn't warrant disagreeing with.

Your right though I shouldn't of assumed he is a silly little boy.

18. ......loading......

It was about football? It was about attitudes of fans? You did reply to it. You mean "have" assumed.

Those are all the points I need to disagree with. We can be friends now.

19. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Can someone define 'asset stripping'?

20. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I get what you mean but this board is crazy as it is. There has been comments on other forms about her weight etc tho.