1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Coventry v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 9, 2023.

?

Hull City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Coventry win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

We certainly have players who get a lot of injuries, whether there are any records broken I am not sure.

Newland Tiger and Brucebones like this.
  2. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

It was quite clear that Ebiowei doesn't want to be here - hardly put any effort in, pulled out of tackles, didn't chase back - just looked like he didn't give a **** - after the equaliser Sean Mc went ballistic with him - surprised he wasn't hooked by Rosie- so far total waste of a shirt

3. hullborn

hullborn Well-Known Member

Yeah I've gotta admit I'm not sure what LR see's in him. Would much rather see longman who maybe doesn't have the skill but he's got twice the heart.

4. HFFP

HFFP Well-Known Member

I could see he's not interested since the welcome interview

5. big vern

big vern Well-Known Member

The curse of Richie Appleby strikes again. More injuries.

6. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Longman’ end product is shockingly bad.
    Yes he runs around a lot, but to no effect.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I thought we started well and was an even game up to Tetteh getting injured, which seemed to knock us back for the rest of the first half. It really is a worry long term for Tetteh and this recurring hamstring problem, I guess they will have to assess it and see what can be done!

2nd half, once again Liam changed things, Simon and Seri don't seem to work together, and we were much better when the change was made.

A very entertaining second half, and with a better end ball we should have gone on to win it after Oscar's excellent strike. Ebiowei should have squared the ball, as it would have been a certain tap-in.

I thought Elder and Coyle had very good games, as did McLoughlin and Jones, Seri played much better 2nd half after the change was made. Slater does a lot of good work, not noticed by some on social media. Tufan has a reasonable game and had one or two good chances, pity he was offside for his goal as he took it well.

Ebiowei clearly has talent, but looks a wee bit short on confidence, though slowly he is getting better game by game IMO. I don't feel like Cheshire Ben said that he doesn't want to be here, just that he needs a bit of time to get his confidence up.

Darlow is quite a big step up from Ingram, looks assured and commands his area really well, he will be a great signing if they can get it done permanently.

Against a good Coventry side who have been going well and stuffed Huddersfield last week, a point is not to be sniffed at, and I guess any point away from home is a good point, even though we probably should have snatched the win.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I see HDM are at it again, we were denied a point with Coventry's goal<doh>

Hull City were denied a point at Coventry City when Matty Godden's strike cancelled Oscar Estupinan's opener just seven minutes into what turned into an absorbing second period.

A largely forgettable encounter came to life when Oscar Estupinan blasted City in front seven minutes into the second half to end his eight-game goal drought.

It was 1-1 20 minutes from time when Matty Godden turned in the equaliser at the near post after City failed to take their chances to clear the danger, and that's how it remained despite City seeing Allahyar's header ruled out for offside.

READ MORE: Oscar back on the goal trail as Hull City suffer another injury blow in Coventry

Here's how City reporter Barry Cooper rated the Tigers' players at the MKM Stadium:

Karl Darlow: What he had to do he did with little fuss. One smart stop from Hamer's distant free-kick. Unfortunate for the goal, but a good display. 7/10

Sean McLoughlin: Like Jones, a repeat of previous performances in the first period. Like Jones, another really solid showing. 8/10

Callum Elder: A couple of decent moments going forward first half but lost control of the ball, faced a tough task up against the lovely Dabo. 7/10

Alfie Jones: Rock solid in the first period, had to battle hard again in the second half as City got in front and then had to come again. 8/10

Lewie Coyle: Stunning block to deny Godden in the opening 10 minutes. Defended well throughout and with some better finishing at the other end, many have got himself a goal. 7/10

Jean Michael Seri: Slotted back in nicely, one moment where he gave the ball away blindly but got away with it. 7/10

Regan Slater: Started closer to Tetteh and showed some nice signs, before struggling to get hold of the ball in the first period. Superb in the second period. 8/10

Xavier Simons: Neat and tidy in midfield alongside Seri, showed some nice movement - and awareness - in what was another big experience for the teenager. Replaced at the break. 6/10

Dimitrios Pelkas: Saw plenty of it early doors, involved where he could be. a good hour in the tank on his way back from injury. 6/10

Ozan Tufan: Won his fair share of tackles in the first half, showed a good level of intensity throughout. Put in a good shift. 6/10

Benjamin Tetteh: Started brightly, and showed a couple of good touches before disaster struck once again when he stretched for a ball in the Coventry area and immediately pulled up holding his hamstring. 6/10

Substitutes:

Oscar Estupinan (on for Tetteh 24): Looked rusty and short of confidence immediately after coming on. That all changed after 52 minutes when he fired City in front. 7/10

Malcolm Ebiowei (on for Simons 46): As the second half wore on, his impact was greater going forward. Did pass up a really good chance not too long before the equaliser. 6.5/10

Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (on for Pelkas 59): Lively, plenty of running. Saw a delightful header chalked off for offside which was a real shame. 6/10

Greg Docherty (on for Ozan 81): Saw an effort blocked from Traore's lay-off with City pushing for a winner. 6/10

Adama Traore (on for Seri 81): A couple of fancy flicks at each end, will have been good for him to experience this type of encounter. 6/10

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...news/regan-slater-impresses-hull-city-8240169

Howden Tigress likes this.
  9. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

So Robbins moans that Gyoceres was ‘targeted’ , he didn’t see Mcfadzean elbow two and kick one in the space of about 30 mins. Any sucessful forwrd gets the same , Robbins should know he was decent but he was tough . His man needs to toughen up . I do note that Macca and Alfie don’t take prisoners and are really up for defence . Credit to Coyle for his will to stop a shot too

TwoWrights likes this.
  10. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

The 4 of us did. A grand day out.

TwoWrights and Evington like this.

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I agree about Ebiowei, he was better yesterday then his previous 2 showings. I don't know if it's confidence he's lacking or general understanding of the game, maybe a bit of both. Yesterday when he wasn't on the ball he just looked like a little boy lost. One incident stood out for me, him and Coyle down the right, Coyle brought the ball out, approaching halfway and was clearly expecting Ebiowei to leg it down the wing to pick up a through ball. Ebiowei just hung about around the halfway line not seeing this. Coyle hung on to the ball as long as he could but eventually had to release it, only then did Ebiowei get the message, too late. I don't think that's laziness or lack of confidence, just unawareness. Is he a bit thick, I don't know? His 2 moments of indecision which could easily have yielded goals did look like lack of confidence though.
    If the plan is to try and keep him next season we should persevere as long as we think we're safe. Otherwise there's no point.

12. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

We wont try to keep him next season and Palace will want to keep him

13. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Whereas Malcolm's ..... :emoticon-0138-think

HHH, highpeak tiger and petersaxton like this.
  14. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I think I may have been mis-identified here John. No problem with it.

I do think Malcolm needs to sharpen up & time his challenges better. If he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t have come. There’s a player in there, I hope Liam Rosenior can bring him out of his shell

15. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Yes while I can't figure out Malcolm's issues, him not wanting to be here can't be true as he chose us over clubs like QPR who would have been a much easier option. He might be going through a culture shock being up here but there's got to be something going on.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Good day out. Nice short journey for a change. Trouble is the pissed up young loud supporters refuse to sit in the location allocated. I had to walk 6 seats across to find an empty seat :emoticon-0100-smile. We were near the smoke bomb thrown after we scored. Good atmosphere . Great support. Long may it continue. Although I wouldn't want to be covered in the beer being thrown around on the concourse. I hope the gestures by Acun lead to a long term growth both in home and away support.

17. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

My usual ploy of choosing a seat halfway down, in the hope I'll be among fans who want to stand but not go mad like those at the back backfired as I was still with a load of the sit down brigade. Win some lose some. Chose a similar position at Wigan, Rotherham and Sheffield and it was perfect. West Brom, Bristol and Coventry not

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Maybe palace are just toughening him up for their own benefit
    And we’re the mugs allowing it
    He’ll go away in the summer and it will likely make him a better player having a tough time here

19. Evington

The guy who I go with chose the seats. I was surprised they were so high up as he has had both hips replaced.

You win some lose some. Like you I prefer to stand but not be in the middle of the younger louder pissed fraternity. I much prefer the sit where you want policy but it relies on the stewards making it clear to everyone on entry. I did try to have a conversation with the young lad in my allocated seat to ascertain his allocated seat, just so I could go to it but he was too pissed to understand what I was asking. Conversation went some thing like this.

Me You're in my seat can you move along a bit
    Him Come on mate its an away match it's sit where you want
    Me Fine, where's your seat?
    Him I'm sitting here mate
    Me No i meant where is your seat allocated, i'll go sit there
    Him I'm sitting here
    Me No, you misunderstand. Tell me where you should be sitting and I'll go find that seat
    Him I'm siiting here

All interspersed with various chanting of city songs. I tried another couple of those interactions and gave up. I asked if he could just let me through. His mates just looked at me and laughed <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Oh to be young again.

UTT

TwoWrights and Howden Tigress like this.
  20. Evington

That is what loans are all about for the loaning club. On balance I think we have had our fair share of flops. Not suggesting he will be a flop but the championship is a big boys league and you have to work back as well as doing the pretty stuff. He certainly needs coaching in the defensive aspects of his game.

Ron Burguvdy likes this.