1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Crawley Town v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 7, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Crawley Town v Leeds Utd

Sunday 10th January 12:30pm | Broadfield Stadium

Leeds face a potential banana skin in the 3rd round of the FA Cup as the Whites travel down West Sussex for a Sunday lunchtime clash against Crawley Town

This is the first time that the Reds have reached the 3rd round since the 212-13 season. Leeds on the other hand have been eliminated at this stage for the last three seasons, their worst run since 2006/07.

Kiko Casilla looks set to replace Meslier between the sticks with Leif Davis and Dallas operating as wing backs. Bielsa can choose two from Charlie Cresswell, Oliver Casey and Pascal Struijk!

Jamie Shackleton, Ian Poveda, Pablo Hernandez and Helder Costa are all predicted to receive game time, as is out of favour striker Tyler Roberts.

Cody Drameh, Jack Jenkins, Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood are all knocking on the door, wanting to play some part in proceedings.

Crawley manager John Yems has called for Leeds to donate their FA Cup prize money to his club.

The West Sussex side cannot fully capitalise on the financial benefits of facing Premier League opposition due to the current nationwide lockdown preventing fans from attending.

Winners of the televised tie at Broadfield Stadium are set to pocket £61,500 from the Football Association, while the losers will collect £20,500

“I just hope Leeds donate their money back to us, which would be a very good gesture, so we can start paying for a few things,” said the 61-year-old.

“You wouldn’t get as much as you would normally because of no crowd.

“But in the current climate, big clubs, it would be nice like they used to in the old days that some clubs might donate a little bit back to you. “But who knows?

“There are a lot of clubs that have got their backs to the wall – I’m not saying we have – but (my priority is to) make sure all the players are healthy and we’ve got a football club at the end of it all. “That’s what’s important to me.”

bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  2. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

It would be a nice gesture from the club and it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen. Let's not forget though, they'll be getting tv money aswell, which wouldn't be the case if they'd have drawn the low life of teams like Hull, Derby and Forest.

But, if we lose....**** em, let them fend for themselves

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Cresswell
    Casey
    Greenwood
    Gelhardt
    These 4 should all be starting

Meslier
    Alioski
    Poveda
    Costa
    Hernandez
    Struijk
    Shackelton
    These should also start and support the 4 kids

screw the cheeky twat trying to shame the club into giving them all the money. I have no problem with helping but some of these twats taken the biscuit. How much will it cost to ship the side down to Crawley and bet will be flying down to Gatwick and flying straight back after. I hope all our expenses are covered before we do anything for them

OLOF, ristac, foolee and 1 other person like this.
  4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Shako should donate all his ale!!!!

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  5. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

To a team nicknamed the red devils?
    Not going to happen.

ellandback and Whitejock like this.
  6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That would keep em going for the next 10 seasons

7. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

The magic of the FA cup?
    Just shows how sad and money orientated football has become, when a lower league manager is asking for cash rather than being elated his team can play against a premier league team.
    I really hope we put a very strong team and that they don't resort to kicking lumps out of our lot.

Infidel, Doc and Eric Le Merde like this.
  8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Crawley can forget about us giving them any money.

There are a lot of people out there who will use that to say we bribed them to win. Groundless, but you know how these things work, especially with social media these days. Clubs shouldn't be making donations to other clubs.

As mentioned earlier, they should be grateful for the telly money that comes with playing us, as they'd get fcuk all if they were playing Grimsby or the like.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Who’s the lanky twat who presents Bt sports football, the BT version of Dan Walker think he did the same job at the BBC before Walker landed on his feet. Well he is a massive Crwley fan and was oart of the set up that got them into the league with a new ground etc. Let him and his mates bail his team out

Whitejock likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Oh and whilst Im on one it serves them right if they have no cash, they shouldn't have employed Harry Kewell as manager a while back

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

In times like these I always remember the lack of support from other clubs when we were in the ****.

**** em.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We should get an idea of how many U23s will be travelling to Crawley, as the U23s face Burnley away on Saturday (If not been rearranged)

i posted a piece the other day on the number if wingers we have at the club and forgot about one of our latest. Crysancio Summerville, where is he and whats he doing because not seen him in the 23s for weeks and weeks. This should have been ideal for him as he has already faced top Dutch football before signing for us in the Summer. In terms of 23s he was one of 4 top signings we made and the other 3 are ripping the league up?

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My post above pointless, sorry for that as just heard the Burnley game is now Monday

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’d like to see us using several of the U23 players, usually I’m all for the strongest team and ensure a win but if the u23s are half as good as we’re meant to believe they should be good enough.

If Crawley had spoken quietly to LUFC about handing over the prize money that’s fine but trying to shame us into donating it, I’m uncomfortable with that.

Maybe tell Crawley they’ve got the TV money, we’re donating the prize money to a local club.

foolee, Doc and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Field a strong side, run em into the ground, hammer them and the players enjoy the lockdown in football, because it’s coming.

OLOF likes this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

Don't forget all the advertising money they will get for being on tv, fook em, we also have bills to pay.

OLOF, Doc and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  17. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Yems can fck off as far as I’m concerned he should be taken to court for blackmail because that is what he is trying to do

OLOF, Doc and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Its the same as the Sutton manager telling the world that he thinks O’Leary should bring his daughter down and let the team shaft her. I have never seen anything like this anywhere in football.

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I agree with the comments above. It might be a nice gesture if we did it, maybe, I dunno the pros and cons. But you don't ask for that, its not on. Very irritating.

lifecheshirewhite, Doc and 2 pennth like this.
  20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I suspect that this is the answer to the question .....

please log in to view this image

southernwhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.