1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crewe boss Gradi promises new signing

Discussion in 'Crewe' started by Not606 News Team, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Dario Gradi has promised that Crewe's squad will definitely be bolstered before the start of the new season.

Alex have had a frustrating start to their summer transfer dealings. Number one target Gareth Owen opted to stay at local rivals Port Vale after being offered a coaching role at Vale Park.

But Gradi and his coaches have drawn up a list of targets and is ready to begin making moves for potential new recruits. He is eager to bring a new central defender, a full-back and a reserve goalkeeper, plus a striker if out-of-contract Clayton Donaldson and Byron Moore decide to leave Gresty Road.

He told the club website: "I have received numerous phone calls from agents recommending a whole host of players, many of which I have never heard of. Neil (Baker) has usually heard of most of them and he is on the phone all day.

"We have targets in mind and are getting closer to what we want and need. The key could be the money. If Byron moves or Nicky is transferred from Bristol City then we could have different targets in mind but we will definitely do something this summer.

"I've had no interest in any of my players but in this game you never know. They could be on someone's list somewhere but we are not particularly looking to sell any of them."