1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Cyclists

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dorty Dogbreath, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Do you then detract comment that you will only die if you cannot drive mate?

I think after that it's time to move on its got boring now because you're living in fantasy tbh...

Mistake or no mistake it's not safe...

2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Perhaps it would have been better to say that if all the idiots were removed from the road then you could only die if someone was driving badly, rather than to say that person was inherently a bad driver.

Just a tip: Don't try and close an argument by taking a swipe at someone. If you're happy with the compromise above then I'll happily move on without pointing out that you're the one living in a fantasy land <ok>

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

please log in to view this image

4. Rudekid

Nah I knew you wouldn't detract it and unfortunately you're wrong.

You can remove all the idiots from the road, but you'll still get human error and accidents and that means it's not as you claimed safe.

You've also made a ridiculous claim that only bad drivers can die on the roads and I cannot convey how silly and thoughtless that comment was.

Moving on.

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Human error is bad driving! I admitted it would have been better to reword it to an instance of bad driving rather than bad drivers so that it was less harsh.

If you remove idiotic decisions from the roads (which is what we were talking about - a hypothetical situation) then virtually nobody would die. When they did it would be down to freak accidents which by definition hardly ever happen, and don't happen more often than during any other activity.

Absolutely nothing ridiculous or thoughtless about that, especially since it is a hypothetical situation that we have never experienced, despite how safe our roads are.

6. Rudekid

So you're now moving to human error? That's quite different to what you said hours ago when you said idiots.

Just to be clear mate are we removing idiots or human error?

Around 90 % of accidents are due to human error and as I said hours ago that doesn't mean you're an idiot or a bad driver,but more accurately means you're a human.

If you've got the formula to remove human error from our race then I will yield and bow to your greatness, but until I see your nobel prize I will hold my position.

Of course even in he event you had such a formula you still couldn't remove the thousands of deaths for others reasons, so it would still be a dangerous activity on the basis you could die through no fault of your own or anyone elses.

Idiots or a magic formula?? I need to know the answer to that

7. Rudekid

Nev

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  8. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

If you removed idiots then the vast majority of deaths would be prevented, but not all.

Even without removing idiots our roads are still very safe places provided you drive with enough ability and hazard awareness. Even idiots can be avoided most of the time with enough foresight and awareness.

Some human error is idiotic, and in most cases where someone makes an error that results in a collision they would admit they had been an idiot for making that mistake - especially if it was out of character.

I would say that it would be nearer 99% of collisions that are down to human error. No accidents are down to human error, but accidents are very very rare.

I have never claimed to have any such formula, but any such formula isn't needed for our roads to be safe. They already are safe. Just because bad things happen doesn't mean an activity is inherently dangerous.

The only novel I have ever written was the rules to Coyote Canyon, and I didn't win any prizes for that - Sorry.

There are not thousands of deaths for other reasons. Only a tiny percentage of deaths are not down to human error.

There is no magic formula needed and I think you're being an idiot.

(Sorry for the delay in replying - got a phonecall in the middle of typing out my answer)

9. Rudekid

All very interesting but just so you know safe is an absolute and as you've just agreed we can't remove human error.

I'm not going to call you an idiot I'll put that down as human error.

Now you've got our half price muesli ordered haven't you?

<laugh>:emoticon-0150-hands

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  10. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Eating muesli is more dangerous than driving in the UK

Munson. likes this.

11. Rudekid

OK I think the last few hours of experiment have lead me to the conclusion that cyclists cause problems well beyond the confines of the roads.

It's yet another example of why they should be forced to buy an exercise bike instead.

12. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

What the fook has happened to my "cyclists" thread you bazzard interlopers? <grr>

Munson. likes this.
  13. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, we took it off road!

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  14. boxheed

boxheed Well-Known Member

We can’t solve everything like car accidents, cancer, idiots , cyclists etc
    If we did our island would sink

15. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Humans driving will be a thing of the past. It'll probably take 20 years to fully take over from us but humans will be replaced with autonomous self-driving cars. An all driving system will be released in the states in maybe 2 years in certain areas and from there it'll expand. If you oppose it then you must be admitting that you are happy to have your aunt, uncle, mother, father, or your kids killed by the undoubted danger that humans driving cars is, because multi-camera devices checking 36 times per second is safer than a human with two eyes who is distracted frequently. The software is almost there.

16. Rudekid

It sounds dangerous

17. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

This thread seems to have taken off.
    Munse on the wind up again?

18. Rudekid

No we've simply concluded that cyclists should get an exersize bike instead

19. VespaPiaggio

VespaPiaggio Active Member

Speaking of road safety, the plans for the Tyne Bridge cycle lanes are progressing well.
    That should make it safer for cyclists coming and going from the town.
    Not a minute too soon, but, no doubt, the me, me, me car driver brigade will whine on about losing one lane in each direction. Oh well....

20. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

I've just taken up cycling again and what p!sses me off is 50 mph average speed cameras, how the f*ck am I supposed to get fit dawdling along like a tw@t.