1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dalglish - No Transfers in or out

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by DayDoDoeDontDayDoe, Jan 30, 2012.

1. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

2. ShanksHateTheMancs

I have to admit to the same to be honest! Perhaps the world class players are just not available to us right now and I would prefer nobody rather than an average player just to make a statement. However would at least have liked a loan deal of a striker or central midfielder; still yet to really see anything to back up Commoli's reputation yet!

3. Redditch Red Sox

Kenny's adamant, but wait till Damien walks in tomorrow with a couple of new signings :smile:

kkaa.jpg

4. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

Thing is if we dont get top 4 which is unlikely now, we will struggle EVEN MORE to attract players,at least if we signed someone now the player signing would be signing for a team who has a chance of top 4 not a team who definitely isnt going to play CL for 12 months

And as JWH said not getting top 4 would be a MAJOR disappointment

In my opinion, Top 4/CL HAS TO HAPPEN,its not a choice.We have to MAKE IT HAPPEN,instead of being positive we are just hoping for the best

Rumours are Lazio are close to signin Keisuke Honda, hes be perfect

5. moreinjuredthanowen

comollis brought in some top kids lately...

ok comolli oversaw caroll but he got in suarez...

in the end its obvious the right guys are not interested right now or nobody we want is available to move so in reailty we are looking at the summer with europa league to offer, a pot (or two) on the shelf if we go do well and see what improvements we make from there.

6. ShanksHateTheMancs

Fair enough, however he has been here a while now and whilst those kids may turn out to be gems, they could also turn out to be a Pacheco etc... When you look at some of the deals Newcastle have done lately Commoli's work doesn't really compare very well.

7. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

we havent got enough quality in the forward positions 24 goals in 21 games show this.

Only 6 premier league side have scored less goals than us this season

8. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

I hope kenny has said this on the back of us failing (yet trying) to sign any targets. There were loads of viable options this window and any would have been a vast improvement to our attack, which is worse than Bolton's

9. Denny Kalglish

Yes we need a finisher but the right player not a rushed Jan signing. Return of Gerrard and Suarez will increase our goal tally for the second half of the season. Would have loved a big signing to show intent however got to be happy with where we are right now...

I would like to think that Carroll and Downing will only improve also - we'll be banging them in soon! :)

10. DiscoRave

DiscoRave Member

The value isn't in buying players this January. To buy a striker who would solve the problem of scoring would cost 25-30million. The revenue from Champions league is around 25 million. If you factor in wages for a striker of that calibre of around 60-100k (at the very least) then you dont actually get any value as the team does no benefit from actually getting champions league.

Of course there is a status of getting champions league, but do remember that Liverpool is still one of the biggest names in European football, regardless of the last couple of years.

Of course Champions league is an important aim but I think that the management and owners would be happy with FA/League cup double and 5/6th this season. Then play the market next summer.

The Suarez signing was a bargain because there was so much time to negotiate the fee. It went from 30m quoted down to 23m (?). It is hard to get a good price for players in January (Carroll being the example)

Plus Carroll is starting to look like the player you signed from Newcastle so why then buy someone to knock back his confidence.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

bale and modric.

bale cost a mil...

i think ok newcastle took a big risk on a toal free with ba who has known bad knees and they've so far gotten away with it. It only takes one injury and you're looking at best in who is average totally. They got cayabe and tiote fine good luck to them. we got enrique!

Comolly got in 7 players for us on big enough moeny and a few kids, its 12months in so we have to give him the same time kenny gets. Kenny flagged this two or three times we were not looking and comolli said in august that they'd be reviewing the work done so far ebfore making more buys.

I totally agree on the lack up top but the thing is if there's no-one we want willing to come at this time we have to wait. I'd rather wait fro the right guy like hyppia than buy 3 average guys who don't work out or see the bad buys that had us disposing of the likes of degen, voronin, poulsen et al...

Aside from carroll i don't think theres too many mistakes so far, even downing or adam (who are unpopular) could not be called bad buys we got what we could and are 12months into a rebuild. city took 3? if we take 2 its work well done.

4th is up in smoke for me but europa is looking good via the cups... we need a lot more offensive quality but its hard to find. especially when it's mata and silva you are chasing not a crock waiting to happen like ba (read saha)

12. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

I have to disagree with you on 4th - I think this is still wide open - Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all have to come to Anfield yet. A 6 point gap to 4th is not insurmountable. Winning the league, now that is impossible.

We're yet to hit any good form this season and Carroll and Downing have yet to perform to expectations. Both have seen improvement in the last few weeks (Bolton not withstanding). I believe it would be inconceivable that they won't hit some kind of form before the end of the season and, as an illustration of this, I offer the following:-

Carroll is well known for his power in the air, having been labelled as 'virtually unplayable' when on song. I imagine it would surprise everyone to know that all of his goals this season have been from his left boot - yet how many times has he hit the woodwork from his head?

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Really Kenny? ffs, 4th seems to be there for the taking, even if we are a few points off it. Chelsea and Arsenal have not really strengthened and this could be the chance to really catch up and surpass them. Damn.

14. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

Keisuke Honda, available , would have been an excellent buy

Krasic on loan would have been another good move

If we think we are good enough the people making the decisions are deluded,Liverpool used to invest in the squad when we were top of the League.We seem to accepting mediocrity far, far too easily

15. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

This <ok>

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

For me, the Honda one is a big slip up, not just in terms of talent we miss out on, but the commercial side of things. I thought Ayre and them were looking into breaking the asia market wide open? 10 mil is not bad at all for him as well, but he is at lazio now.

17. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

It's only one position that we are DESPERATE to sort out and thats wide right - I am going to assume that we did look about and enquire but the right man wasn't available now.

If that's the case i'm fine with it - if we haven't even looked because we think we are good enough already then I am not fine with it.

18. saintKlopp

This is the real world, not Championship Manager thingy or whatever it's called. You can't just decide you want a player and go out and get him. City, and Chelsea before them, attracted big names to a middlin' team by throwing silly money at them.
    We don't want to do the same this window as we did last January. I'm sure if the right player had been there and wanted to come to us we'd have gone for him- we've no idea what's been going on behind the scenes.

19. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

Honda's still in Russia, hes not moved yet.His fee would probably pay itself.We are making some terrible/bizarre decsions in th transfer market

Probably worrying too much, but I am also a little worried that FSG have a net spend of £36m since they took over.It emerged during the H & G era that our annual profit is about £30m per season ,which under H & G was absorbed by interest payments.So other than buying the club have FSG spent any cash of there own at all, have they just spent our operating profit on transfers.Not a criticism just an analysis. Because in this game if you wanna win you need to spend,and constantly be improving your squad, if you dont do that ,history shows, you dont win

20. Manciniiiiiii

Manciniiiiiii Well-Known Member

So Suarez, Bellamy, Kuyt & Carroll are worse than Bolton's attack? Behave yourself.