1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 7, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Derby delight

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Lots of changes to be made obviously but a lot of experts on here
    So name your team

Preview: Derby County vs. Hull City - prediction, team news, lineups
    Derby County will be bidding to return to winning ways in the Championship when they continue their 2021-22 campaign at home to Hull City on Tuesday night.

The home side are currently 23rd in the table, boasting 15 points from their opening 29 matches, while Hull sit 19th, 12 points clear of the relegation zone heading into the next set of fixtures.

Match preview
    please log in to view this image

Derby would be 16th in the Championship table had they not been hit with a 21-point deduction, with Wayne Rooney's side winning eight, drawing 12 and losing nine of their 29 league games this term.

The Rams are currently 23rd in the division with 15 points, seven points from the safety of 21st spot, meaning that the club still have an uphill battle to secure what would be a sensational survival.

Rooney's side were in stunning form between December 11 and January 15, winning four of their five Championship matches, but they have only picked up one point from their last three league games, drawing with Birmingham City, in addition to losing to Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield Town.

Derby were last in action away to Huddersfield on February 2, suffering a 2-0 defeat courtesy of late goals from Duane Holmes and Jordan Rhodes in West Yorkshire.

The Rams have won their last two league games against Hull, though, including a 1-0 victory when the pair locked horns for the reverse fixture earlier this term.

please log in to view this image

Hull, meanwhile, will enter the contest off the back of a 1-0 home defeat to Preston on Saturday, which ended an impressive run of form in England's second tier.

Indeed, the Tigers had won three straight matches against Blackburn Rovers, Bournemouth and Swansea City between January 19 and January 29 before losing against Preston.

Hull have won nine, drawn five and lost 15 of their 29 league matches this season to collect 32 points, which has left them in 19th spot in the table, some 12 points clear of the relegation zone.

Shota Arveladze's side are preparing to enter a tough run of matches, with their three games after this one coming against Fulham, Sheffield United and Queens Park Rangers.

The Tigers have picked up 14 points from their 14 away league games this term and will be facing a Derby side that have won six, drawn six and lost just two of their home Championship fixtures in 2021-22.

2. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The name Derby is derived from the Danish words deor by meaning deer settlement.

Derby is the site of the world's first factory.

Derby ‘gave birth’ to Laura Croft and helped bring Batman to life.

Derby Cathedral has the second highest perpendicular tower in England, and its bells are the oldest set of 10 bells in the world.

Derby Museum & Art Gallery has the largest collection of Joseph Wright paintings in the world.

Harry M Stevens invented the hot dog. He is also credited with designing the baseball scorecard, and with pioneering soda drinking through a paper straw.

Royal Crown Derby was the earliest manufacturer of English fine bone china. In 1773 George III visited Derby and agreed that a picture of a crown could appear on china.

Derby Arboretum is known for being England’s first public park but it’s also been cited as the inspiration for New York’s Central Park.

Derby is home to Europe’s largest inland marina.

In 2004, Bold Lane Car Park in Derby was declared as the most secure Car Park in the world.

The UCI Cinema in Derby holds the record for creating the world's biggest bowl of popcorn.

Derby were the proud owners of the UK's first purpose-built basketball arena which was home to the Derby Storm basketball team.

A message of farewell to Buxton and its waters, scratched onto a window pane of the Old Hall Hotel, was reputedly inscribed by Mary Queen of Scots.

In 1745 Bonnie Prince Charlie and his troops occupied Derby but they left after only 2 days.

Swarfega was invented by Audley Bowdler Williamson from Heanor, Derbyshire.

The volcano Mount St. Helens is named after Alleyne FitzHerbert of Derby.

127 bones that came mostly from a hippopotamus, with a few belonging to rhinoceros and elephant were found in an excavation in Derby, and are supporting evidence that Britain had a land bridge to Europe.

The King of Rome's skin in preserved in Derby's museum. (It's a racing pigeon)

96,000 people who visited the The Derby Exhibition of 1839 were able to view a coconut.

Derby were the first ever leaders of the football league, after beating Bolton 6-3 on the inaugural day of the league.

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I wonder whether we might see Slater or Walsh start. Walsh mentioned in his interview that Shota had told him he wanted to use him in a deeper role, getting on the ball and passing forwards. That's not something we really have currently, except for the rare occasions when Huddlestone is playing.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

You might see both of them, we were certainly off the pace in midfield Saturday, too many hurried balls resulted in miss placed passes. I think Docherty and Smallwood might be rested.

Tigerboy98 likes this.
  6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Until Man City beat Watford by the same score Derby's 6-0 loss to Bury was the largest one in an FA Cup Final. When Derby won the FA Cup (making Raich Carter the only man to win FA Cup medals before and after WW2) they got 2 medals. There was a shortage of gold so they were presented with bronze medals and later got gold ones when it became available.

BTW, which team would you think, without googling has scored more FA Cup goals than any other one? Would never have guessed if I hadn't recently read it in and article about the FA Cup. The club concerned were involved in a football first but that would give it away to people with a knowledge of these things.

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Up there with one of the best away days ever.

HGS66 likes this.
  8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I initially thought about who had won it the most, but then thinking further, the lower league sides could have played more games, as they need to qualify, and they'll play some pub teams, plus there used to be replays, so I'll give a bit of thought to see if I can pick one of the ones from the lower leagues that tend to qualify.

9. Barchullona

Good thinking there.:emoticon-0148-yes:

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Bugger, I was looking to refresh my memory of old clubs that are in or have spent time in the conference, and I stumbled on the answer. I'd have never have got it.

I hope I haven't spoiled it with those clues, but I'll leave it to you to decide when to post the answer. :emoticon-0148-yes:

11. Barchullona

Did you connect their football first which could give it away?

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I didn't, but I have now you mention it again. IIRC it was short lived...initially.

13. Barchullona

Indeed it was. But it eventually changed things for everyone.

DMD likes this.
  14. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Pretty poor affair this,obviously cobbled together with very little passion...Because,there is absolutely no reference to hotel accommodation?

15. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Tough call this. The side that looked a bit off v Preston was the same one that beat Blackburn, Bournemouth and Swansea. What's changed? Might have just been a bad day at the office, so keep the same lineup. Or do some players need a rest so that would likely imply midfield changes? I thought we looked a bit ragged first half v Preston and it wasn't clear, to me at least, what formation they were meant to be playing, I wondered if Arveladze had issued confusing instructions.
    Unless there are compelling reasons to change, like tiredness or injury, I'd stick but be ready to put Slater/Jarvis/Sayyadmanesh on sooner rather than later if needed.

16. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Our 'A' game is definitely required for this one - anything less and we'll be turned over; Derby County may have turned into a ****-show of a club but the team certainly hasn't.

Newland Tiger and TIGERSCAVE like this.
  17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I was expecting comments on this one to be honest.

"The volcano Mount St. Helens is named after Alleyne FitzHerbert of Derby."

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  18. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Anticipating Alfie in for either Mcloughlin or Bernard, and with a lot of games this month wouldn't be surprised if another couple of changes made plus Baxter back if over his illness. Midfield certainly needs freshening up based on Saturday. If both Forss and Allahar are on the bench would like to see them get on much earlier irrespective of whether we are winning, drawing or losing.

Over to you Shota.

19. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Allahyar made a much bigger impact in 5 mins then Forss did in 30. Would’ve done that sub the opposite way round. Allahyar was everywhere made a couple tackles as well so work rate is there

20. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Don't see the back 4 changing (including Alfie for Dish), why the heck would he change it..!!!. they are going to come at us so I suspect the midfield might not change that much either until later in the game. Allahyar in for Longman. If Baxter was a covid related, I think Ingram will retain his place (did nothing wrong).