1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Nov 21, 2017.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Stayed away from here last night...

Just like WestWinds...I really hope they don't sack Ollie as he has a heart but is it enough.
    Brentford will be vital. He was really upset in the video, he will tear off a strip...let's see how the team play for him on Monday.

The timing of the goals, like Saturday was vital...If we had got to HT, who knows...
    We have a lot of vital injuries.....all of us calling for Furlong for example did not realise he was injured. Lynch yesterday was carrying an injury..

Having said all that...I thing I am disappointed we haven't really tried the youngsters. A few get one game...and then are pushed back.

Brentford is absolutely vital.
    We will see what his players think of Ollie...we will see if there is any discontent.
    As 999s said...the Brentford match is pivotal to our entire season.....perhaps even more

bunmahon_ranger likes this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Seems like the Holloway spin cycle is going into overdrive. We have moved from eight unbeaten then eight losses to a couple of wins then a bunch of losses in double quick time.

Luongo, so long criticised on here, now seems pivotal to our chances of putting in a decent performance (though he doesn’t guarantee it). Let’s hope we don’t have to worry about him trying to avoid injury pre World Cup at the sharp end of the season. Without Luongo, Scowen looks what he is, a Derry type chaser and niggler, without the personality.

Looks like Holloway came into the season with a clear idea of how he wanted to play - 3-5-2 - but without the players to do it. Daft sod.

rangercol likes this.
  3. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

You are spot on Beth. Let's see what sort of performance, whichever team Ollie puts out they give on Monday night.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I took these stats off some bloke on Twitter
    52 matches
    16 wins
    26 defeats
    6 clean sheets
    16 games without a win away.
    1.1 point per game
    Two runs of six defeats in a row,
    currently 3 defeats in a row
    2 wins in 13

The morning after... Okay, I went to bed, slept on it and now I can say without the emotion of how I felt last night....
    Hollow needs to go before he takes us down!
    The bloke is inept. How much longer are we going to put up with the 'emotional' crap because years ago he told a few jokes?
    Even Nines has had enough!
    The whole thing at the club is still rotten and until Les/Birch/Hollow go we will be in the same position (no worse) next season. The bloke is utterly useless and is now in denial. He has the players to win games but his tactics are comical at times. Simply, this team should not be where it is. What other Championship club would hire him?
    I bloody said all along that it was a mistake to bring this muppet back. We should have kept Warnock. (For all those that mocked me about that, where are Cardiff compared to us)?
    It's a sad day when a fan like me cannot even bother going to the games now.
    Rant over

5. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I told you so number 351 and counting......

Not sure how many bloody times this can be said but Warnock didn't want the job last time, he was after the DOF role. When he did eventually throw his hat into the ring it was too late as Hasslebaink had already been lined up to replace Ramsey plus his wife had a serious illness.......

This blaming Les/Holloway/ Bircham/Hoos/ Fernandes is getting fcuking boring, probably the same as the football that we've played for the last few games but isn't it amazing how posters don't post anything when we play really well and win, Wolves and Sheffield Utd, but are all over here like a fcuking rash when we lose?

I'm really not sure what is expected to happen by getting rid of Holloway and bringing in who, another ego driven manager? Get things straight, the club is operating on a shoe string, FFP is hanging over them, we have a huge injury list.......we've lost 3 on the trot, so what? every side in the division will go through a bad spell, we are a lower mid table side with a lower mid table manager and we are paying the price for the fcuk ups made by Warnock, Hughes, Redknapp, Beard, Fernandes over the past 5 years. We may not like it but this is where we are, get used to it.....

Rant over.

6. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Echo's a lot of my thoughts really, Derby really aren't a special outfit and a more ambitious team could have taken home a point or 3.

Yes, the injuries haven't helped us but a good manager looks at what players he has available and tries to get them playing to their strengths. The 3-5-2, square pegs in round holes system we've been playing had a shelf life and it's expired on us.

I look at a 17 year old Ryan Sessengnon scoring a hat-trick for Fulham last night and it puts a lot of the youth arguments into perspective. Manning and Furlong looked bright sparks last season and neither have pushed on due to what? That's the most disheartening thing for me.

7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Firstly your comments on Warnock are wrong. I seem to remember him taking us up with a great team spirit and doing okay in the Prem. I remember a great win at Everton but sadly TF wanted someone else. It all went wrong from there on, that is fact. Warnock then came back and changed our fortunes again but once again TF wanted someone else... That was twice he s22t on NW.
    As for his wife's illness, like many, I do not know the extent of it but it didn't stop him going back into management did it?

AS for the blame game, I have not mentioned Hoos. I am talking about TF/Les/Birch/Hollow as between them they are making a catalogue of mistakes.
    As for jumping on backs, by that, I guess you are referring to me? I have congratulated every win and on many occasions have not commented when we lost as s22t happens.

However, seeing the state we are in I will not stick with my head in the sand. As you said "we've lost 3 on the trot, so what'? It's not the 3 losses that concern me its the 16 wins 52 matches the 26 defeats the 6 clean sheets the16 games without a win away.
    1.1 point per game, the Two runs of six defeats in a row, the 2 wins in 13, that is what concerns me and if you cannot accept that, then put your head in the sand.

As for FFP hanging over our head...this one always makes me smile, How is that affecting the current group of players? It may mean we get a fine but how is that making our results our tactics or away form, our defending bad? I would like to know because that team should be doing better than it is. Hollow is inept and by the way it's not just me questioning the messiah's inabilities.
    PS
    I don't care if I say it a 1000 times. He isn't and never was good enough I wasn't stupid enough to believe that Hollow could do a job in the first place.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree with that except on Colin. His major successes far outweigh his fcuk ups, which were more down to the previous owners anyway. If one day he'd come back to us as Manager, TF should grab him quicker than Usain Bolt ever ran 100 meters.

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Barton
    Shaun Wright Phillips
    Anton Ferdinand
    Bloody Luke Young
    Jason Puncheon
    DJ Campbell
    Armand Traore
    Jay Boothroyd

Big wages big Warnock picks big contributors to the rolling fiasco

10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

in all fairness Puncheon never got a chance and has done well after leaving. Campbell and Traore were not the worst QPR players but agree with Ferdinand and that waste of space SWP.

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That was the beginning of the rot. All of those players weren't wanted by their clubs and on massive wages compared to the players that got us promoted. This caused huge rifts in the dressing room as our players that cared were suddenly infiltrated by many who didn't.

SW Ranger and sb_73 like this.
  12. QPR Oslo

Even SWP played well under Colin.

13. QPR Oslo

Champions and 9th in the PL on November more than covers them. I'm sure if the ownership situation had been sorted earlier that summer than the week before deadline day, he would have done better.

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Same as Hoilett he seems to be doing well under Warnock.
    However we has missed that boat. We have a big game against Brentford and if Burton can get a result I hope we can. Decemeber doesn't look to bad on paper with winnable games. If Hollow is to turn it around he needs to then.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Can' help but agree with Ellers to some extent. Holloways tactics are at times non existent. Frustrations get the better of us and it' hard to support a club without having expectations. Injuries play a key factor in selection but even then Holloway tinkers more than necessary like he's some master tactician. Didn't have a good feeling before I saw our set up last night and knew that we wouldnt score once I had seen it. Agree about Warnock. The best manager we have had in recent years by a country mile.

SW Ranger, Rodney and rangercol like this.
  16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Watched the 4 year plan again the other day with my son. Flavio was ruthless when it came to managers until he got the right one necessary to the job. Unfortunately that' the nature of the game. Does a manager still pick a keeper who loses points or a striker who constantly misfires, a midfielder who doesn't work hard etc etc. Why should an owner keep a manager who doesn't perform??

ELLERS likes this.
  17. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I still cannot believe last night that their first goal came about because our defenders forgot that an opposition player cannot be offside in their own half <doh>

18. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I cannot understand how Holloway can make rational team selections and substitutions one minute (against Wolves and the Blades), and the next match, base his tactics on something he must have read in Mr Bean's Guide to Flawless Football Management.

Warnock was generally consistent. You just never know what you're gonna get next with Holloway. A couple of good wins have appeared to go to his head and he's been overthinking things.

SW Ranger, rangercol and ELLERS like this.
  19. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Because they can't afford a replacement. We're stuck with him for the time being, like it or not...

ELLERS likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator