1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dirty tackling: stop the excuses

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by holystone, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holystone

holystone Active Member

Please understand this:

It does not and never will matter whether someone gets the ball or not!
    An it never ever matters if you "try honestly" to win it either. Unless the player is a real psychopath( Keane,Ruddock) you never go in to actually hurt someone.

If there is a chance your fellow professional might beat you to it, you owe it to him and his teammates not to go in like that QPR grey-haired bell end did. I'm not anti QPR, just hate very dirty players who should curb their style of play (including De Jong, Cattermole and Karl Henry ). You wouldn't see Saylor or Colo being dirty.

Getting the ball=So what?

Intend to win it=So what?

Not that kind of player=So what?

Nice family/ cute dog=So what?

It's time managers got rid of liabilities in their teams. The more red cards dished out the better for me. <steam>

2. boxheed

boxheed Well-Known Member

i think what annoys people the most is that theres no consistency from the refs.
    yesterday showed that up, with the same ref who sent off kompany last week just dishing out a yellow card to derry.
    i,m sure there are managers who encourage their players to get stuck into certain opposition players, so its a combo of all 3 at the minute.
    i dont want it to become a non-contact sport though....

3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

So Cabaye would be gone then after his recentr horror tackle on Spearing??

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Didn't think Derry's challenge was all that bad. Certainly a foul and a yellow card but I'd have gone for that ball. Thought Cabaye overreacted. I'd be surprised if he is not fit, I actually have my doubts whether he was unable to carry on. We'll have to take his word for it but it seemed to me he seemed huffed by the whole thing. It is a bit rich from Cabaye though given his liking for leaving his foot in!

5. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Difficult, I still think Tiote's tackle on that Stevenage player is one of the best I've ever seen. He maneuvers his body perfectly to not simply disposes the player, but also take possession of the ball himself!

skip to about 2 minutes in
    [video=youtube;e9SqAiRsWog]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SqAiRsWog[/video]

6. holystone

holystone Active Member

Why not. I think Cabeye dishes it but can't take it. Why have different rules for our own players?

We're fans not managers paid to say the right thing.

Imagine if Mancini had sais De Jong was a really dirty player who did this all the time? There'd be uproar. OR McCarthy had said Karl Henry booted Barton all over the pitch because Barton deserved it? Or Bruce had said Cattermole was a physco?

7. Shorey13

Shorey13 Member

Some ref's need to go back to basics, send them to ref a few sunday league games, if they sent everyone off who left a foot in etc it would end 5 against 5. I know that these players need to be protected but it's getting silly, in certain areas of the pitch it's a non contact sport now!!!

8. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

I'm never one for 'tinted glasses' or whatever, but I really don't see how it could be called a horror tackle. He was running forward at full pace, Spearing came flying in, legs flailing all over the place and Cabaye was forced to jumped to get out of the way. What else should he have done? Just ran into Spearing and fallen over?

I'd have accepted a red as 'harsh but fair enough' cos I can see why some refs would have done. But 'Horror Tackle'? No way.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Fair and honest opinion - well said mate and very unusually balanced (see skalpel's post)!

Here's a replay for you skalpel - there was intent in that and he should have seen red or retrospective action:

[video=youtube;2Sfp3X_E2gY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sfp3X_E2gY[/video]

10. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

There were some dirty tackles yesterday, all by QPR. All were late. It was a typical Mark Hughes team, but it's also the **** team nature, if you can't beat them, kick them, and they did.

11. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Well we could dispute this all day really. I just don't see how there could be 'intent' when he was already aiming to land where he did before Spearing's leg went flying in.

12. holystone

holystone Active Member

The clip also shows Bellamy putting his two penneth in to get Cabaye sent off. Disgraceful

13. Warmir Pouchov

I'm with Skalpel to be honest. It was a poor challenge and a yellow, but really Spearing brought some of it on himself by going in with excessive uneccessary force. If he hadn't gone in like such a lunatic Cabaye would not have jumped and left his foot in. Spearing was trying to nail him and intimidate him. I'm not saying its alright to jump and leave your foot in, it isn't. But its no more than a yellow, same with Derry yesterday. Couldn't have it as a horror tackle. That would be one where the players deliberately sets out to hurt the player. A la Spearing except nailing them. Cabaye's was dirty but only in response to a situation that developed because of Spearing.

14. holystone

holystone Active Member

I bumped into a few QPR fans last night on M1 at Trowell and they ALL reckoned we fell like flies when tackled............methinks they must have meant Jonas who is the undisputed king of leaving a leg to trip over.

15. The mighty DeBOOSHy

The mighty DeBOOSHy Active Member

I agree, I remember thinking at the time at full pace that spearing's tackle was unecessary and he came flying in at a ridiculous pace. Would actually be hard at full pace to pull your foot out in time in that situation. However on slow mo replay it looks bad - I think the full pace shows why it wasn't a malicious foul or "horror tackle"... what a ridiculous phrase for this situation! Generally I think Spearing acted dangerously and he has to expect he might hurt himself, or other players if he goes in like that.

16. Warmir Pouchov

I watched Jonas's dive last night on the highlights and had to rewind it 4 times to confirm he had dived. He is that good at diving! Mind they are taught it as part of their footballing education in South America. It must be a crazy training session. It'll be more like an acting session "no no you must arc your back more and flick out your heels Jonas, the ref will never be conned otherwise"

I don' think we went down like flies. Cabaye was a bit of a pussy with the incident but in general they were just kicking us once we were on top with possession.

17. holystone

holystone Active Member

Watch out. You'll get grief from the Cabaye admirers!!! I think his writhing around then jumping up to make his point before going back to ground was theatrical. However, once the stretcher appeared he had no option than to leave the pitch. Anyway, randomly this let HBA get about an hour under his belt.

18. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Jonas really has 'going down easily' mastered into an artform. I don't think I've seen him dive without contact though, he always makes sure to wait for the slightest touch before sending himself flying <laugh>. He has some dignity.

19. Why aye Cabaye

Why aye Cabaye Active Member

Both Cabaye and Spearing were in the wrong for that challenge IMO. Neither is blameless.

20. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

I do not think Cabaye was faking or being a pussy. He was just angry at the challenge so got up to confront Derry and then realised his foot was hurt so sat down. You could see from his reaction when he was stretchered off that he was pissed.

It was similar to when Carragher did that horror challenge on Nani and Nani got up then when the adrenaline wore off he realised that Carragher had gouged him to the bone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.