1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you like wwe

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MARTIN IS BACK, Sep 16, 2011.

1. MARTIN IS BACK

MARTIN IS BACK New Member

2. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

No, its fake and ****e.

3. Calatron

Calatron Active Member

Not as good as the old days when it was WWF and Bret Hart was there now it's like a ****e soap opera

4. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

Does this guy say anything else?? Thats 8 posts and 8 times he has said the same thing!!!

5. Ninja Skrtel

Ninja Skrtel Member

People need to learn the difference between fake and choreographed. Educate yourself by watching 'Beyond The Mat'.

That being said the WWF/E lost me as a fan when the attitude era ended. I used to love the excessive brutality, profanity and general cleavage on display from the ladies but now it's a very sanitised product. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it if I was 5-13 years old but as an adult viewer it's just not appealing to me.

CM Punk however is very talented, excellent on the mic, Orton is also decent from snippets I've caught.

6. happy hammer

happy hammer Member

7. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

The fella was talking about this yesterday and I burst his bubble by telling hima bout all the glass, tables, chairs etc. were all designed for wrestling and to ensure minimum damage to the wrestler.

8. Ninja Skrtel

Ninja Skrtel Member

You'll be telling me you're surprised that movie stunts use frosted glass next.

Pro Wrestling hasn't pretended to be a sporting contest since the mid 90's, it's only insecure nuggets trying to come off as incredibly mature (who probably watched religiously as kids) who try to debunk it as fake.

As someone who's trained various combat sports in full contact varieties over the years, the 3 years where I decided to take up "fake" wrestling because it looked fun was where I picked up the most injuries.

Tom Cruise does his own stunts....he stars in fake movies. Is the risk there? Course it is.

Mick Foley did his own stunts live without a second take or a stuntman to step in. Here's his injury list from his "fake" pursuit.

* Six concussions from 1986 to 1998

* One broken jaw in 1986

* Two broken noses in 1993

* One broken cheekbone in 1998

* Lost four front teeth from 1989 to 1998

* Two-thirds of his ear ripped off in 1993 (Against Big Van Vader in Germany)

* A separated shoulder in 1990

* A fractured left shoulder in 1989

* A dislocated shoulder in 1998

* Second degree burn on his shoulder in 1995 (Suffered In the King of the Death Match in Japan)

* Second degree burns on his arm in 1995 (In the King of the Death Match in Japan)

* 54 stitches on his left arm in 1995 (In the King of the Death Match in Japan)

* A broken right wrist in 1989 * Bone chips in his right elbow in 1996

* Six broken ribs from 1991 to 1998

* A torn abdominal in 1992

* A torn ACL

* A broken toe in 1991

* A total of over 300 stitches in his arms, head, eyebrows, hands, ears, shin, cheek and lip

* Thousands of thumb tack holes

9. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Chill out lad I'm just saying that a lot of hollywood props are used as "dangerous weapons" of course there is the risk of injury, but the moves are designed as to not hurt the opponent but to make it look like it does or to inflict minimal pain.

I watched it in the 80s when I believed all the stupid storylines, but when I grew up and realised how daft it was I stopped watching it.

10. Ninja Skrtel

Ninja Skrtel Member

Totally chilled Sir, just presenting a logical argument to debunk the "fake" thing that gets thrown around too much.

Haven't watched myself since 2001 but still respect anyone who is dedicated enough to stay in that kind of shape and perform a risky profession 5 nights a week.

You really didn't have to explain that moves are designed to reduce the risk of injury as a former "fake" wrestler and a practicing catch wrestler.

It's like an older kid feeling superior for telling his younger siblings Santa isn't real. People know he's not real but enjoy Christmas anyway.

95% of the viewership who aren't infants know that what they are watching is choreographed, they enjoy it regardless. I don't enjoy the current product but I won't disrespect it for man points and a futile feeling of being superior.

11. SAF dried my hair

No. Just don't find it entertaining at all. Those guys are pretty poor actors, the storylines are not only needless but almost invariably poorly written childish and seemingly aimed at an age group of 8-13, and I don't see what's so great about the over-the-top, predictable choreographed fights. Plus I hate the commentators who ejaculate and hyperventilate every two seconds when a guy swings a punch two yards wide or something like that. They should overact a bit less.

Try these: actual combat sports (boxing, MMA, real wrestling etc.), real non-scripted fighting without the plots and show thing. Or if I want to see acting I can watch a film or go to a theatre where it's of much better quality. Much more enjoyable to watch

12. Ninja Skrtel

Ninja Skrtel Member

I'm a huge fan of combat sports but with all due respect the demographic is totally different to that of Pro Wrestling.

Most pro-wrestling fans find MMA boring, I can argue until I'm blue in the face that once you know what's going on a sweep from butterfly guard is as exciting as a powerbomb but they'll never believe me.

Personal taste, I just leave them to it.

13. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's a reasonable list of injuries but if he lived in North London he'd pick up more than that just walking home every evening.

14. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

wrestling is ****

15. babyhornetdan

babyhornetdan Well-Known Member

You did not burst anyone's bubble Medro. Of course the glass is not 100% but it still hurts when you are shoved head first through a pane of it. I gave you several videos showing the effects of the weapons. If you rematch the HBK and HHH after their last man standing match you will see what these moves which are designed not to Hirt can do!!

16. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

i used to be obsessed with it when i was about 13 or 14. i remember one wrestlemania hell in a cell match where the undertaker stuck a noose around the bossmans neck and hung him. good times!

[video=youtube;qmU62YlVFso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmU62YlVFso[/video]

sad as **** now..but they sure knew how to put on a show back then! the entrances used to send me into raptures..i embarrassingly admit.

17. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

To me, wwe is like eastenders, just with less fighting, and more americans.

18. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Was it you I was talking to. If it was you said that they don't use sugar glass all the time? I've watched a programme before and it gave you all the inside secrets including the weapons they use. I'm not denying they may get hurt the odd time. But if they took a hiding with weapons etc. would they really be on tv a few days later?

19. HendyMMA

HendyMMA Active Member

100% correct, MMA is the future, no two ways about it...

20. Ninja Skrtel

Ninja Skrtel Member

I think it's so unappealing now because they have totally reverted to attracting new young fans.

I used to tune in every week as a teenager from 1998-2003 simply to see who The Rock would be insulting, whether Foley would nearly rupture himself and if some long running storyline would be resolved. The writing was of a better standard and a little risque and the wrestling itself was a harder, more risk taking style.

Now it's all to sell merchandise to kids and the product to me is unwatchable.