1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do you trust Parkinson?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Ginnanson, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I trust Parkinson as much as id trust @Ivorlot to babysit my kids.

Nordic likes this.
  2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Still banging that drum Bart! Sam said he wouldn't come back no matter what. And there's no way in hell we could afford the type of money that would entice anyone like that

Sheep Farmer and Ginnanson like this.
  3. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Difference against Tranmere was the tracking back - i.e. he didn;t have to as we had Gooch and Watmore putting in the legwork - but with him and McGeady in the same side we have 2 who won't do the work. This makes Maguire look a significantly poorer player IMO

4. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Exactly. Even more baffling as to why fans would back them ahead of the manager especially when many would be happy to see almost all of the players replaced.

Nostradamoose likes this.
  5. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Your right, players and agents hold most of the cards now and wait till as late as possible to commit. I hate windows.

Ginnanson likes this.
  6. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

If safc lose these two home games, there will be an avalanche of criticism coming from the crowd and across social media

all I am saying that after the owners chose to dispense with Ross, once the travelling away fans and murmurs of discontent at the sol became louder they reacted.

I’m not saying Parkinson should be sacked personally, I’m just offering an opinion on what may be forthcoming if the worst happens

that’s not a ridiculous thing to state, far from it, in this day of instant gratification,impatientence and demand for change

we shall see

Ginnanson likes this.
  7. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I agree. In that game, we attacked and defended as a unit. Gooch getting injured against Tranmere, and Watmore having a niggle, meant we had to bring McGeady back in, and the subsequent results and performances have been shambolic.

Nostradamoose and Ginnanson like this.
  8. Ginnanson

Ginnanson Active Member

I feel positive about the next few games, I hope he has learned about our squad from the cup games.

I think he has used the games as experiments and I am hoping we see a good battering of Coventry.

Beating that horrible lot will give everyone a lift.

9. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll rephrase slightly. It is ridiculous if his position is viewed as untenable by anyone after such a short period.

We are utterly ****ed if our fanbase react like that giving managers no time whatsoever and more so if those who run the club give in to it.

10. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Cost apart , whats to say another manager would not be in the same fix as PP after a few games, then what do we do appoint another new manager .
    The hope that we would go up this season is looking fragile enough, in a hostile atmosphere another managerial change would make SD and CM, the club and its fans laughing stocks, and another season in league one could become the least of our worries.

11. Ginnanson

Ginnanson Active Member

our fanbase do react like that...

social media is just idiots with megaphones

Sheep Farmer and SAFCY like this.
  12. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

Very true re social media

13. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Absolutely on the same page here! People on twitter saying "put Bally in charge" the only thinbg Bally would get from the fans which every other manager hasn't is time. But it won't take too long till they turn on him too if things go wrong!

It's the nature of the beast. Term my graqndmother used to use "you can;t make a silk purse from a sows ear" and that's where we are. We have players who, imo, are good enough, but seem like they can't be arsed or aren't motivated. If everyone had O'Nien and Dobson's attitudes then we'd be comfortably top I think!

Ginnanson likes this.
  14. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

You cannot get a bet on, if we lose the next two and the crowd not calling for his head. You can read across the boards, which I know is a fraction of the support, that the calls will be made

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It seems clear that there's a split in the group from what Leadbitter said and going off the form of the players you mention it's logical to think it could be them with the problem.

One thing Parkinson has is experience and he should know how to deal with it as in giving them the boot from the team. If he doesn't deal with it and keeps on playing them because they're the best on paper he's a fool. We shall see.

Bank of England 2 likes this.
  16. Sid

Sid Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying but they need to get a grip otherwise things are liable to get far worse than they currently are. Managers and players would be reluctant to come here. Well any that are worth their salt would be.

SAFCY likes this.
  17. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you are probably right... still we could ask/beg, he owes us one... shy bairns get nowt !

18. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh mate and every single player is purely replaceable at any time not one has
    Claimed a place in the team
    And you could quite comfortably replace the lot in one game
    It just sows how bad or how good the replacements will be
    None better than the rest

Nacho likes this.
  19. turnthetide3

turnthetide3 Active Member

I trust PP. For me, his standing would increase if he started publicly naming and shaming those who'd thrown their toys out.

20. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Dropping them from the squad would do for me, same effect without the drama.