1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Does Martinez Talk a Pile of Nonsense?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Skylarker, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

According to Chis Sutton he does..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03q1j8n

If you can't watch the Clip..

'Roberto Martinez talks a pile of nonsense'
    Former Premier League striker Chris Sutton has criticised Everton manager Roberto Martinez, accusing him of "talking a pile of nonsense" in his post-match interviews.

After the Everton boss praised his side for controlling the tempo in Sunday's defeat by Manchester United, Sutton said: "Is he mad? He's not watching the same game... I just don't understand what he sees.”

Journalist Rory Smith defended the Spaniard, saying: "I feel sorry for him... I admire the way he wants to play football.”

The Blues are 12th in the Premier League, closer – in terms of points – to the relegation zone than the top six.

#fraudmartinez

2. Skylarker

Yes.

Close Thread. Case Closed.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I just don't get it really.

There's no excuse when west ham who are a lesser side are up in top 6 and everton are so **** with their squad

4. Skylarker

5. Skylarker

You could easily argue the same about us with that though tbh. We've under performed this season, whether we've changed managers or not.

The difference is we're heading somewhere and Everton fans are left listening to complete lies by Martinez to keep fans on side.

6. Skylarker

I'm actually glad Sutton brought this up in the media. I've thought it for a while when I listen to him, and I'm sure other have too. Talks absolute pish.

I didn't mention it until now as I didn't want to upset our Utd friend.

@Tobes <whistle>

7. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I like him :) I think his meeting with FSG that day has proved very productive <whistle> #agentmartinez

All football managers talk nonsense to the press these days. When you're winning people lap it up and nod, agree and call you a genius. When you're losing people call you crazy. It was only a few months ago Martinez was getting rimmed by the media for his "development" of the likes of Stones and Barkley and for getting Lukaku firing.

I doubt RM gives a **** what Sutton thinks but I suspect he is sweating...the new owners/poor results equation doesn't bode well for him unless he can win the cup.

8. Skylarker

I doubt he gives a **** what Sutton says. I wouldn't care if I was him.

But I don't buy into all this managers always talk nonsense. Klopp has been honest in the press (always). Others have too, it's just Martinez is like a broken record chucking out the same bollocks every interview. Reminds me of Rodgers in that sense.

The cup has saved his ass big time.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Sutton is a bell end, but Martinez does talk ****e.

He's under pressure now. There's going to be a Martinez out banner at the Watford game.

There's been various polls on the Everton sites and the general consensus is that about 2/3rds of Evertonians think its time he said adios

Justovertheline and Skylarted like this.
  10. Skylarker

Will the cup save him Tobes?

That's the issue, if you win the cup, brilliant. But does that just buy him more time?

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Given we've not won a pot for 20 years, you'd think a cup win would stop the board shooting him.

But should it?

Not for me, and many others like me.

However, if that happens I'm sure Kenwright will push for him to be given another season.

He's had enough time imo. A couple of good cup runs shouldn't gloss over 2 years of absolute ****e in the league. It wasn't enough to save Dalglish and we should be thinking the same way.

12. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I did say to the press but I meant the post match, totally bland interview most managers give where they trot out the same old ****e. I'm not sure Rubbertoe is any more guilty of that than others. Let's not forget how us Reds fans were talking about Rodgers "waffle" when we were flying and felt we could win the league. He was being lauded, his tactics fantastic, journos hanging off his every word. Didn't last long but you can see my point. No one gives a **** whether you actually know what you're talking about when your team's flying. No one believes a word you say when you're losing <laugh>

Even Jurgen loves a cliche when he gets excitable and even he says a few things he probably regrets. If we are sitting in 12th next season you can bet many will pick Klopp apart too. If we are top 4 everything he says will be worshipped (and rightly so) <laugh>

If Martinez gets the boot it will be for his teams results not his speeches.

luvgonzo and saintKlopp like this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Yep, spot on mate.

Phenomenal, character, special, unbelievable blah blah, it's cringeworthy when we've been undone and bareable when we've won.

Increasingly of late, he's looked completely lost on the touchline, like a man who knows he's out of his depth. A puzzled expression and eyes like a cat caught in the headlights.

His up side is that he's made us great to watch at times, we've played some very good attacking football. He's largely bought well and the cup runs this season have been very enjoyable.

On the down side his tactics and game management have been wretched at times, and our inability to hold onto a lead beyond frustrating. I said at the start of the season that he needed a defensive coach, and now I think he needs a top notch and challenging No.2, not some yes man, journeyman no mark. However, he's too stubborn to shift from his philosophy.

I hope that ( if he stays) we do to him what you lot did to Rodgers last season and impose change in the back room as a condition of his continued tenure.

14. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Spanish Bob ain't top of the "talk a pile of ****e" league, that title belongs to the Dutchman at OT.<ok>

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Sutton is a ****ing prick.
    Couldn't hack it at Blackburn without Shearer holding his hand, so came to Chelsea for £10m and was a ****ing lampost. His first kick for us, he fell over on to his arse.
    Scored one league goal, then was shipped off to Scotland to score against a bunch of alcoholics which was about his level. Guys a prick and a half.

16. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Please, don't hold back <ok>

Bodinki likes this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Just don't understand why anyone is giving him an ear at all.
    An englishman moving to the SPL is a sad sight to behold.
    Loved it when he got into a row with Hoddle though, because he refused an England call up.
    Was hilarious.

Enricky. likes this.
  18. saintKlopp

Meh- what's he supposed to say to journalists?
    LvG talks 24 carat ****e all the time but if he gets his team into the CL will anyone care?
    I like Martinez, I like the type of football he wants to play and I think he's a decent manager - but like most decent managers he lacks that something that's needed to take his team to the next level.
    Very few managers have what it takes to succeed at the top.

19. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Over a quarter of Bobby Robson's England side(Butcher, Wilkins, Stevens, Steven and Gazza)went to play in the Scottish league........so it can't have been as bad as some think.:bandit:

<whistle>

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Back in the day no.
    In the 70's you could argue their league was better than ours.
    Last 30 years though....nope.