1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Donncaster game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

Doncaster have won three of there four games but lost there last game to burton, hollaway is fit so you would expect him to start,Norbun is also fit so who is going give way in the midfield it seems a bit unfair as i thought he had a reasonable game but expect Laurent to be on the bench ,alex has been playing really well on the wings but tends to fade in the second half , persoanly i thought Fejiri was outstanding in the pre-season and he has goals in him and is more physical so i hope he starts and alex comes on as a sub.
    town badly need a win to build confidence and calm the nerves.
    we could go after two loan players so i hope Askey brings in a centre forward and a defender.

2. Zenfootball2

please log in to view this image

3. Zenfootball2

town fortunate that doncaster have not capitalised on multiple corners, first thirty minutes all one way traffic, two good saves by our keeper how we did not have a penalty i dont know.town need to improve there ball retention and distribution and get our left sorted haynes and alex need to get a grip on things as most of doncaster threat has come down that side, saying all that when town do press doncaster look less than convincing and waterfall has the ball cleared of the line .laurent caused problems from his persistence and closing down.

no forward can score if he has virtually no supply,if town are to get somthing from this game they need to have a better second half

4. Zenfootball2

a much better performance by town in the second half only three very good saves prevented Lewis scoring two goals and Docherty could not believe he had not scored.
    another outstanding game from Whalley, Laurent really did a good job of breaking up play and charging forward, Docherty is a bag of tricks . grant nullified a lot of threats, centre backs and Bolton looked solid and Haynes had a better second half Coleman commanded his box came for corners and looked very assured second clean sheet
    only thing missing from the second half was the goals , town created the best chances we looked dangerous going forward

5. Zenfootball2

post match interview askey is happy with his forwards and just looking for a defender

6. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Looks like an even game from the highlights but that penalty decision was one of the worst I have ever seen. The team seems to be improving but one goal from four league games tells its own story. Looking forward to my first visit to Luton on Saturday and let's hope we can get that elusive first win.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  7. Zenfootball2

maths is not my best subject but last season we scored 1.3 goals a game 60 for the season , this season 0.25 or 1 in 4 , i know it is very early and we will have a better idea after 12 games and we are also improving but clean sheets and goals win games, we will now have to wait until January to see if askey is right to not get a loan forward.