1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Early Risers

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc-noggieland, Aug 6, 2018.

1. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

Being an exile I wonder if we had the usual high percentage of attendees still leaving early. If there were any (shake my head in amazement) I wonder if they felt missing that great winning goal was worth the quick getaway ?
    Nuggets.

KTF

RTB and smithy in nl like this.
  2. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Significantly less, but the balance of the match might have had something to do with that.

I was in the main stand, and didn't see many leaving early

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. safc-noggieland

That is good to know, hope it continues all season even if the result is not up for grabs. Can’t wait to fit my first match in the autumn.

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Yeah people were leaving early but not many, people always go early for any team in any league. Those who say theirs don't are full of ****.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. safc-noggieland

If the match is deffo won or lost i.e. a 2 goal lead or more I can understand that a quick exit for some may be desirable, but a game in the balance ! ! Never understood them leaving. Still everyone to his own.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I don't leave early, but then I've never had a shift starting or kids to pick up or an anniversary dinner to make ect. If I did i'll be off to honour my obligations. Some are **** houses who are more interested in beating the traffic, but many will have places they need to be.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  7. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Our abysmal home record in recent years goes some way to explaining the early risers. I sometimes left early coz I needed to drink copious amounts of booze.

However, at 1-1 and SAFC in the ascendancy, you needs a flucking good excuse to leave early on Saturday

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  8. Best uncapped Keeper

Best uncapped Keeper Well-Known Member

Must admit now not being as fast as I used to be and only 10 mins to get back to the bus I tend to go down to the concourse and watch the last couple of mins of added time on the tv screen so can then move off on the final whistle. Timed to perfection on saturday as scored as I was moving to the passage down to the concourse. So not all who go near the end actually go any further than the concourse as there is always 20 or 30 watching the screen down there. Mind you I doubt if any/many of the 70 minute leavers are there.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018