1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

East Stand Fence / Police today

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Newland Tiger, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Complete farce today the police have no idea what they are doing and cause more problems if anything

2. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

What was going on with Palace's daft lads today?

3. CMPUNK

CMPUNK Member

That group of about 50 lads stood on their own in the corner all dressed in black with a stupid flag in front of them trying to emulate eastern European football teams where pretty daft/ embarrassing.

4. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I came out of the east stand at the north end at full time with the intention of walking to Walton Street car park..Got stopped by bobbies who said we had to wait for the Palace lot to clear out....I asked bobby what was going on...He smiled and said to 'wait here'...When someone asked him why? He said he had his orders!!!!

...Anyone wishing to kick off would have just followed the Palace fans who were then free to walk into the City fans coming out...

It was all peaceful so no trouble, but the police were creating tension when there was none..

Humberside police = halfwits, but you already knew that...

5. CMPUNK

CMPUNK Member

Palace have a reputation.

It is better to be safe than sorry because the complaints would have been much stronger had something kicked off and the Police hadn't done their job. Might be frustrating at the time but...

6. AndyPayton

AndyPayton Active Member

Completely agree, I was furious today especially at the attitude of some of the police. You're not even allowed to speak to some of them and ask questions without being reprimanded. The after match segregation today was even more ridiculous than normal with the city fans being kept further back by a line of police while we had to wait for all the Palace fans to come past us. Then some city fans were allowed through but not others! At any other away ground I've been to all the fans just leave the ground at the same time and go their separate ways. It's like it's just done because the police 'can' for no benefit and to the disruption and annoyance of many city fans. It really really winds me up (in case you can't tell!) rant over!

7. AndyPayton

AndyPayton Active Member

Disagree CMPUNK. The atmosphere was nothing other than calm today leaving the ground. I have been to pretty much all home matches at the KC over the last 12 years and have never seen any trouble immediately outside the ground. The only trouble I've seen was against Huddersfield 10 years ago near the car park which was caused by Huddersfield fans who had been drinking nearby and hadn't even been to the match. Surprise surprise there were no police when City fan's heads were getting kicked in. If there is a high tension match then they should keep the away fans in which is what they do at other grounds!

8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

The Palace fans who walked by us certainly had a reputation. A reputation for being the oldest set of fans I had seen in ages...There were grannies and granddads in their numbers, plus a load of ten year olds....The Herbert's were probably on the coaches...

9. Cambstiger

Cambstiger Well-Known Member

Palace fans are generally loud and proud. Most have a sneaking admiration for their passion. Hardly 'have a reputation'. Thought they were quite good today.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Palace fans have a reputation. Lol.

If Blampey was still here he'd use the term wavey-davey which is about right for them. That lot in the corner looked like a group of musical theatre students.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The Marcel Marceau ninjas are what the club thought WE wanted to be, and that advice seems to have been a factor in the evictions.

12. jamesthemonkeh

Crystal Palace fans have caused trouble in Reading a couple of times in recent years.