1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

El Classico

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by u408379965, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

El Classico is this weekend... and Wednesday... and the Wednesday after that... and the following Tuesday. Overkill or are we all looking forward to it?

Saturday is the La Liga fixture at the Bernabeu, Barca won the opposite fixture 5-0 earlier in the season and will probably take a draw given they're eight points clear and have a better head to head.

The Copa del Rey final is on Wednesday night at the same time as the North London derby. I'll probably watch the London game as I'll be watching the other three Classicos.

Then it's the two Champions League fixtures, the winner facing Man U (it's not going to be Schalke is it?) at Wembley.

I'm really looking forward to it, it seems like an age since the last one. I'm a bit of a Barcelona fan, love the football they play, the history of the club and the fact that they rely so heavily on local talent. By contrast I can't stand Real, I don't like Mourinho for the way he makes his teams play, I don't like Ronaldo or Adebayor and I hate the way they splurge ridiculous sums of money around like Chelsea and Man City.

I'd love it if Barca won all four, Mourinho would probably get the sack if they did. I'll take a draw in the first though, anything in the second and them (or Schalke after beating them) lifting the Champions League at Wembley.

I would've stuck this on the La Liga board but it's dead over there. <ok>

Links:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=113041&part=sports
    http://atdhenet.tv/
    http://www.vipstand.com/watch/28346/1/real-madrid-vs-fc-barcelona.html

2. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Best two teams in the world, personally I think it will be brilliant to watch and great for football, however if Barcelona go over a win at the Bernabeu on Saturday it could be Barcelona domination and a bit predictable by meeting 4.

3. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

Not overkill at all. It will be interesting in terms of tactics and squad selection, but I bet it will be Mourinho who twists first. Fancy Barca to win the win the cup and beat them in the league. I think Barca will win in the CL but i reckon they will lose at the Bernabeu (sp?).

4. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

Im a Barca fan myself and can't wait, it will defo be a tighter game than the first one! It's too tight to call but I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say Barca will win the cup, the home leg and draw in the other 2!

I can't wait, plus im out in Durham all say Saturday as a Mexican so will be absolutely smashed by the time the match is on! Its fair to say, Ronaldo will be getting some stick from me when drunk (well the TV will be)

Come on Barca!!

5. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

I want Real to win. Simply because my retired Dad seems to have turned into a Barcelona fan. He knows more about the Catelonians then he does about the mags these days.

He came to my house the other day, raved on for half an hour of how great Messi was. Then we watched half an hour of the Villa game and he was pinging them oot on me sofa. .....Still cant blame him for that one!

6. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

I'm excited but it could be a bit too much, but I'm sure they'll be enjoyable games with so much to play for (a place in the Champions League final and the Copa del Rey in particular).

7. Snorlax

Snorlax Active Member

I'm tipping Schalke for a win actually. they've got a decent team, and beat Inter at the San Siro. Not many teams can say that, and even if manure win, it will be tight. If only I had sky to watch the El Clasicos.

8. Rafa's Championship Party

Well at least the first leg in the Champions League is on ITV.

9. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

I fancy Schalke to beat them, or give them a damn good game if they dont. They've been incredible in the Champions League this year, you wouldnt believe they were 9th in the Bundesliga.

10. MagpieMuzz

MagpieMuzz Active Member

Fingers crossed.

11. Rafa's Championship Party

Come on Schalke then, can't see it though.

12. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I'll stick some links up before kick off if you want. <ok>

13. TJR_NUFC

TJR_NUFC Well-Known Member

I reckon Barcelona will win two and Real will win two (champions league ties). Jose will be focused on the champions league and will put everything into the competition, not really caring about anything else. Personally I want Real to win the champions league and I'm neutral for the other two games. I like Barcelona's players and football, I have been to the Nou Camp and I have two (different) Barcelona shirts. However I'm a massive fan of Mourinho and I want Real to win the champions league purely because of that, it seems daft but I do.

14. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

Barcelona for me.

The just stroke the ball around , take their time then go in for the kill.
    It must be great to watch them week in week out.

Real Madrid are a great team and some great players and great coach but Barca edge it.

15. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

I think Schalke have a great chance <ok>

as for the El classico's Mourinho has a knack for cups but everyone knows how good this Barca team are, it wouldn't surprise me if they win all the Classico's and they would stroll through the Champions League final at Wembley whoever they may face!

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I want the mighty Real Madrid to win. I've never liked Barca, don't care about the way they play and want Messi to break both legs. <ok>

17. Jonnyaiston

Jonnyaiston Well-Known Member

Be good to see Barcelona win and Cronaldo get a few yellow cards for his usual diving. I can see a few Madrid players getting yellow cards in the first leg of the CL and missing the 2nd leg.

18. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Carvalho's out through suspension, so that's a massive blow to their chances already.

19. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

it could be as epic as
    please log in to view this image

20. Tiggyrimana

Tiggyrimana Active Member

Pepe is back though <ok> good timing really

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.