1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Emma Raducanu

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by ned_werby, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Make that two <laugh>

Robertson likes this.
  2. Saf

I'm now not convinced you said it just for 'a bite' - Actually, I know you didn't. Suck it up <laugh>

There's nothing to claim on her. She's British, British citizen, British passport, Educated and trained in Britain, doesn't want to be anything other than British... Because she is ;)

Ozzymac likes this.
  3. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

But played in Romanian colours

4. Saf

Maybe we should deport her to the Motherland asap?

Gordon Armstrong likes this.
  5. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t go that far, I can’t get all patriotic over someone who isn’t exactly patriotic themselves, I was the same with Hamed & Khan the boxers who drapped the Pakistani flag around themselves and wore the shorts with Pakistani colours. The lady has done fantastic and well done but she isn’t British in my eyes.

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think she just liked the outfit and stuck with it for good luck. People are assuming it's some kind of statement but an assumption is all it is.

SpikeyBob, Nordic and Sunderpitt like this.
  7. Saf

Thankfully your views are in the minority, wrong and not welcomed. I'd love to know which country she should be representing after she's been raised as a British child, educated fully in Britain, Tennis coaching has always come in the UK, oh and, she's also a British citizen.

She is very close to her Romanian Grandmother. As soon as I saw her outfit for the match, I knew it was a nod and a sign of respect towards her. That made me smile because I thought it was cute having been so close to my Grandparents. The same with the boxers, nothing wrong with a nod of respect towards their heritage. The British lads with links to Pakistan have done so much for British boxing you would assume you'd be grateful. Amir Khan, Naseem Hamed, Jawaid Kjaliq, have all raised the bar in British boxing and there's another golden generation soon to burst on the scene.

You might be better off turning your TV off when the internationals are on.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  8. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

Maybe, Andy Murray couldn’t make it anymore obvious that he preferred to be labelled Scottish rather than British yet we had people fawning over him as a British Champion when he clearly hated the tag. I say what I see and I seen a patriotic Romanian, nothing the matter with that btw

9. LBW

LBW Well-Known Member

I’ll let the mods judge wether I’m welcome on here thanks very much, as usual comments are twisted to play the old “ your a racist card “
    So predictable and mind numbing

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

All that's known about it is that she's said she likes red and stuck with it for luck, if it was a nod to her Romanian ancestry I doubt she'd have been embarrassed to say so.

I'll make an assumption of my own and say that I think she'd be confused and frustrated by all the people insisting she's not British, seeing as she's lived here since she was two.

Sunderpitt likes this.

11. Saf

I've never said you aren't welcome on here? I said your views aren't. I could be wrong but from what I've read so far the vast majority of folk support Emma as a British girl, because she is a British girl. Not sure what that has to do with the mods. I've never called you a racist. I'm sure everybody else can see that.

Do you often go around making stuff up when you have nothing left to defend your comments with?

I noticed you couldn't answer about Emma being a British citizen and the question about which country she should play for? Don't be so defensive about people wanting to acknowledge their relatives in other countries. They're still just as proud to be British as you are. Don't worry about that.

12. Saf

Andy Murray: “The whole notion that I don’t like English people is nonsense. I work with English people on a daily basis. I am married to one. I live here. Some of my family are English. It is just nonsense. That’s the thing that upsets me the most about it.”

He had been joking about with Tim Henman just before that comment was made and they'd been bantering about themselves between Scotland and England, as happens.

Clearly years later some folk are still unhappy about a throwaway comment that was taken out of context :emoticon-0114-dull:

TopCat_ and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  13. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

You see what you see....

14. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

She's got some power for a little lass, maybe her training regime is the reason. There was a pic of her in the mail yesterday lifting 130 kilos on a barbell, nearl 300 pounds. OK, it might have just been a dead lift but even so it's seem a lot for a skinny lass like her

Sunderpitt likes this.
  15. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

so did the Belarusian! Just Nike kit.

Sunderpitt and Nacho like this.
  16. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

You’d think he hadn’t won Olympic medals as a Brit.

17. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

The red costume could be in honour of her Chinese grandmother she visited regularly growing up. Deep down she’s a communist sympathiser.
    Up yours USA. :emoticon-0130-devil

18. NC Sanddancer

NC Sanddancer Well-Known Member

She is the first qualifier ever to win a major, man or woman. Becker was a qualifier at Wimbledon in 1984 and he went on to win a few rounds. In 1985, the year he for the first time he went straight into the main draw. Only 17 and unseeded, but did not have to come through the qualifiers.

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Isn’t the colour of Romania yellow?

20. Saf

please log in to view this image