1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England and the euros

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Rocky blue army, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Just been listening to talk sport rooney out injured for at least six weeks .should be available for the euros <doh>.WTF has rooney ever done in tournament football for England. We have some quality youngsters coming through if it was up to me I would drop him from the squad let alone have him on the bench.over paid over rated has been

2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I agree with the last bit looks like somebody who has been playing at the top for a long time now also we forget he is 30

3. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

The problem is, who else is there? No one has played regularly for say 2 full seasons. If we pick Kane and Vardy they have a total of 12 caps between them and 132 premier league apps. as for the others, welbeck, Walcott, sturridge all injury prone and have struggled to even play one full season let alone be at the top of their game for a few seasons in a row. Or are we looking at Defoe and crouch.

Which 4/5 would you take?

4. Rocky blue army

Unfortunately we haven't got the likes of Lineker shearer Sheringham to get the goals. A few years back they said Gazza and Michael Owen were too young and inexperienced but they took the world cup by storm. There's no risk in taking vardy and kane they are banging in goals week in week out and are full of confidence. Sturridge who knows.he has undoubted talent but will he be fit who knows.we have taken so called experienced players to tournaments before and they have flopped maybe the young guns should be given a chance. At least this will be one tournament we won't be relying on Gerrard lampard etc to supply the chances for our strikers

5. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I would take Kane, Vardy, Rooney and then which ever 2 play best for the remainder of the season out of welbeck, sturridge and Walcott. After that I'm struggling to think of any contenders. Have I missed anyone?

6. Rocky blue army

Maybe troy deeney from Watford deserves a chance he scores goals and his workrate for the team is very impressive. Walcott if he is fit on his day can terrorise any defence with his pace. Hodgson should have already tried out deeney but because he plays for a lesser club Watford hasn't had a sniff if he was playing for man united he would probably have half a dozen caps by now.

7. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

vardy kane and rooney without a doubt, id be very surprised if welbeck didnt go too

sturridge is a difficult one - a fantastic striker no doubt but far far too injury prone. same with carroll.

Defoe is always a solid backup option, but i cant help but feel england needs something different

8. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

vardy kane and rooney without a doubt, id be very surprised if welbeck didnt go too

sturridge is a difficult one - a fantastic striker no doubt but far far too injury prone. same with carroll.

Defoe is always a solid backup option, but i cant help but feel england needs something different