1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England Manager

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Warmir Pouchov, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I feel like I'm in some warped reality where the following are heavily linked with the England manager role:

1. Sam Allardyce - That's right the fat useless gargoyle head, who loves himself and plays long ball (then tries to convince everyone he doesn't - which the mackems appear to have bought) No as funny as it would be for them to lose their messiah, I love my country and I can't take two years of Sam putting us backwards
    2. Steve Bruce - are they having a ****ing laugh? The guy seems to have a decent eye for a player or at least the right contacts. Its the managing and coaching he fails at. Sounds ideal for a national manager role <doh>
    3. Jurgen Kilnsmann - So its come to this, we are turning to the old enemy to destroy us from within. Great. Ok its worked in the cricket with Bayliss, but I'd be very reluctant to have ze german in charge. Why? We might as well get an englishman with limited club experience.
    4. Eddie Howe - Now I think he is a cracking young manager. I think its a disgrace that the 3 of the big clubs in this country have swapped their manager in the summer, yet not one considered promoting a young english manager like Howe. Particularly when you consider how the 'big' name appointments have failed them. So instead we'd have to risk throwing him into something he'd be ill prepared for with his lack of top level experience.
    5. Gareth Southgate - WTF! He has had a decent spell with the 21's. There is nothing else to suggest he should get such a job.
    6. Alan Shearer - I like Shearer and at first I thought "why not" but having considered it more, this is just utterly ridiculous. He had one incredibly short failed spell at ourselves. I don't doubt he loves England but manager???!!! We are losing the plot now.
    7. Guus Hiddink - His last three attempts at International management have been unmitigated disasters.
    Ok I look around and sometimes in international management it doesn't require a lot of high class international experience. You only have to look at Klinsmann and Low seeing Germany through a sweet spell. But I just find the above generally depressing. Why would we be looking at 1,2,3,5 and 7 at all is beyond me.

2. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

The best man for the job is actually our boss. Just don't say it out loud in case someone in the FA works it out.

I honestly don't have the faintest clue what the right idea is. Maybe Shearer with Hoddle/Venables advising. Then again I actually see the point in having Allardyce. He doesn't care for egos (apart from his own), will at least just create an identity, a way of playing that most will find familiar. I don't think Allardyce would be swayed by or care about the media, or opinions, and would simply pick the best players to get results. It couldn't be worse than Capello, right?

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  3. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

...right?

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny

I think the best man for the job would be someone like Slaven Bilic. The really big name managers are great at identifying talent, bringing it in and fitting it into the team. The problem for any future England manager is that the talent pool is limited. We don't currently have any world class players, and they can't go out and sign anyone. Someone like Bilic would be able to get the most out of decent players, with a few good ones if we're lucky. Whoever gets the job though, they can help us improve our performance and at least start getting to quarter-finals. They can't polish a turd though and turn us into world beaters.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Glen Hoddle - Best man for the job.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'd say Glenn Hoddle or 'Arry.

England are **** right now and need to improve. The mere thought of Allardyce dismantling what is left of our national team sends shivers though me.

7. Sheikh_of_Araby

The problem with the England national team is the Premier League. Managers will not make a difference until we have a PL where 75% of players are English. We are in decline as an international side and those running the game don't realise that.

8. Lord Jonjomort

I think the Premier League is well aware, and couldn't give a toss. I read some utterly pathetic article on Sky Sports about the Euro's and which Prem club did best. International football cannot escape the uberhype of the PL. The stats were based on goals. That Mitchell & Webb sketch is even today the most accurate parody of the Premier League.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  9. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Just give it to Harry Redknapp. He's the best of a bad bunch of English prospects and would probably produce the best attacking football. In the end, though, the players simply aren't good enough to win anything so it doesn't really matter who takes charge.

10. Lord Jonjomort

Fat Sam's getting the job, boys!! Excellent news - means my interest in England is officially dead, and the Mackems are back looking for a manager again.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Not confirmed yet, but a good chance.

12. Sheikh_of_Araby

It doesn't matter who we get as manager - England and English football are a spent force on the world stage. We are light years behind other countries in terms of coaching and youth development. The FA and PL don't care as long their cart horse continues to make money. We will soon be competing with the likes of Hungary and Austria for the scraps.

13. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Klinsmann easily

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'm howling at this.
    'All change' again for the Mackems.
    I feel for England though.
    Route one hoofball here we come.
    Crouchy will be dusting off his boots waiting for the call.

15. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I'll bet Andy Carroll is also getting ready for a call-up :)

Captainchaos. likes this.
  16. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Nailed on to be Moyes as our next manager. I was pissed off at first about the idea, but now I'm starting to think he might do alright at a club our size.

17. xtal

xtal Active Member

Best man for the Job.... Rafa

Would be great for the national team

Wouldn't happen for many reason (thankfully)

18. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Haha haha! The days of the best English manager around (Robson, Venebles, Hoddle, Keegan) earning the role are long since gone, it's such a hideous job now any half decent manager is content with their nice club role and going nowhere near it.

When you have Shearer and Southgate, 2 manager who haven't worked since both failing 7 years ago, you know things are bad! So now the nation is gonna be treated to the fat **** Allardyce getting barn door defenders to hoof 60 yard long balls to donkey strikers!

On an even more amusing note, which clown are the mackems gonna bring in next? Gary Megson, Dave Bassett and Curbishley are out of work aren't they? Lol.

19. Sheikh_of_Araby

Give the job to Rochdale manager Keith Hill.....

20. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's a decent enough bloke can't do any worse than Roy, but Klinsmann would have been the best option.