1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ENGLAND Manager?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spurf, Jul 20, 2016.

?

Who would you choose for England manager?

1. 1 A N Other

28.6%
  2. 2 Bruce

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 Klinsmann

9.5%
  4. 4Hoddle

28.6%
  5. 5Howe

4.8%
  6. 6Hiddink

4.8%
  7. 7 Throw The Dice

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8Redknapp

23.8%
  9. 9 Manager MacManageface

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Who do we want as the next England manager?

The FA seem focused on an Englishman, do you think that's how it should be?

That would seem to rule out Klinsmann, assuming he's interested.

I hope it's not Bruce as he strikes me as far too cautious I have a feeling Big Sam might do a better job than you might first think.

Many posters on here have a wide knowledge of managers in the game, so assuming you care, who would you like to get the job.

2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Perhaps suggest names for a poll?

3. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

If it has to be an Englishman, Glen Hoddle. And that's not because I'm a Spurs fan, many who aren't name him too.

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Yes Hoddle is a bit older and wiser now.

5. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

For the Poll

Allardyce
    Bruce
    Klinnsman
    Hoddle
    Howe
    Hiddinck

6. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

PLEASE take Steve Bruce from us!

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd definitely want an Englishman in charge, I think all countries' national teams should be managed by someone of that nation.

Bruce is a no-no from me. He's a good manager at Championship level but fails when in the Premier League. I don't really ever see a style from him either, I feel as though he just tries to buy players and hope they do well, rather than buying players to fit a particular system. Being in charge of Hull, he's lucky in that the team is too good for the Championship yet will struggle in the Prem when not properly managed.

Big Sam is someone who knows how to get results, he's made the team he's managed more formidable, doesn't play the most attractive styles of football but his style of play would probably be suited to the international stage as in recent years the increased pressure on getting results instead of entertainment has grown and so I think with the way that Sam plays and the respect he seemingly commands from his players, being in charge of a bunch of guys who seemingly lose their bottle a lot would be something he'd relish and likely be able to change around.

Hoddle has been out of the game for too long and is too big a risk in my opinion, there's no doubting his knowledge and his experience of managing England before would hopefully set him in good steed to know where he could've improved on from his last tenure but I just feel hands-on experience of this modern era is essential in selecting the new gaffer.

Initially Eddie Howe was my preferred choice, with Sean Dyche being my close second, two very good young managers who've worked with "small" clubs and gotten them to the Premier League having played a good brand of football. Both have got the best out of their number 9s (Wilson and Gray) and both seems liked by their players, for them to take the England job and grow with the players is something I wouldn't mind seeing.

However, after the recent Euros, I do now feel Big Sam would be the best candidate, these England players need a kick up the arse, they need to realise their undoubted potential and they need a manager who'll rid the nerves out of their system and turn those nerves into determination and motivation in getting results for their country and not going into games worrying of making a mistake or being embarrassed, because it's that's sort of mentality that ends up indeed causing us to make or mistake or be embarrassed.

I'd also like someone like Harry to take up a role with the squad, as some form of consultant or assistant manager. Hoddle could also take up a similar role.

8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd love to see what Redknapp would do.

redwhiteandermblue likes this.
  9. NotSoMightyEastbourneBoro

Voted Hoddle as it is unfinished business and, to be honest, club football has bugger all to do with international football. The rest are just bog standard, Johnny Foreigners who sound a bit funny when they talk dontcha know what-what! or Howe who shouldn't ruin what is a growing reputation as he continues his footballing education.

10. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I think it would be a mistake to have either Harry or Hoddle on as advisors or assistants. Let the manager pick his own team. They're both pretty big names and it could just cause tension/friction.

I would choose Howe, but agree with Boro that it would be shame to ruin him, but you never know he might do good

11. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I have added that option <ok>

12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Fat Sam or Arry.

13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Choose 1

14. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I chose Boris as he demonstrated vs a German 11 a few years back, he knows Sweet FA about football. A clear advantage in the said position. The rugby tackle was a classic.

It will also take him at least two years to get us out of Europe, Woy managed it in less than two weeks.

Spurf likes this.
  15. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

I'd go for Bilic, but wasn't an option.

16. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd put Redknapp in for the next couple of tournaments, have Hoddle as some sort of overall assistant and have Howe as the number 2.
    'Arry would get the team playing as a Premier League side and he's not big on pissing about on the training ground, anyway.
    I suspect that his style would be strangely suited to international management.

Hoddle's got a good understanding of the game and I think that he could help to establish a sensible vision for the future.
    You know what you're going to get from most national sides, while England only guarantee disappointment.
    Picking an approach that works with what's produced over here and implementing it throughout the age groups could help.
    Having a young manager that's prepared to step up in a few years could make this easy to maintain.

17. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

But you vote Redknapp? Methinks you love Brucie really.

18. PattyNchips2

Im a Hull City fan and he is clueless.
    pulling all strikers off and defending a 1 nil lead?

19. PattyNchips2

I think that, as an England fan, Rednapp would do the best for England, however getting rid of Bruce is what Id love as a Hull City fan

SpursDisciple likes this.
  20. PattyNchips2

it will be Sam ALardArse.