1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ESL - No thanks

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Dec 21, 2023.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

2. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

If this is at it appears ie. a three division competition with promotion and relegation, open to new clubs in the future and not a closed shop then it could be a runner.
    Personally I would like to retain the existing setup but there will be lots of people who will see this proposal as progress.
    Of course, we do not have any detailed proposals yet and I am not convinced that this will prove to be as it first appears!

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

It's all about more money and to hell with what the paying public want. <doh>

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

my take exactly ... they are [ top clubs ] spending more and more on players fee'sand when they become "surplus" or contracts run out and value is written off it will have to have a consequence!!
    That is the same in every day finance .. why we get black Mondays / Fridays etc and why certain shares [ often a lot altogether ] suddenly crash!

LOOK at Man City under investigation for yonks [ and others who have tried to cheat the system! Derby for one]

Out of the Prem and a WSC event for the next x years!

The number of combinations that could be brought into play regarding PROMOTION AND RELEGATION are numerous!!!!!

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

I think this is why Pearson got binned. Guernsey Red was given the nod on his yacht, moored in its tax haven by other tax dodging owners on yachts that the ESL is on. Guernsey Red got onto Guernsey Red Jnr and Jnr gives it the big un saying we have a top six squad and promotion is on if we bin no nothing done nothing Pearson and get this bloke in from Oxford who will waffle the opposition to death nailing on promotion this season. Guernsey Red issued the thumbs down and Pearson was p45’d.

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It’s bad enough fixture wise with the needless international breaks multiple times a season, champions league, Europa league plus our own domestic cups

Purely about money as Mike says

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.