1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Super League

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Archers Road, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

If we got deducted -10 points for bankrupting 1 club, what’s the punishment for trying to bankrupt 86?

2. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

How about a 40 point deduction for the next 21 seasons? :emoticon-0103-cool:

3. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

-860 points?

4. Osvaldorama

they signed a 23 year deal. How about a 23 point deduction for 23 seasons?

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  5. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

As I said previously - It won't happen (but it should) - knock 20 points off the offending clubs tally this season. It'll make the title race and relegation scrap a whole lot more interesting (meaning that the 'young people' who apparently aren't watching (I call bollocks to that) suddenly getting on board) and it'll ultimately penalise the offending clubs through prize money losses.
    I know fans of said clubs will moan that it's the owners that should suffer, not them, but try telling that to fans of clubs who have had points docked for going into administration, through owner mismanagement.

(Plus it means that Tottenham and Arsenal would be in danger of relegation, which would be very funny, Liverpool wouldn't get into Europe and Man U wouldn't get into the CL. And Leicester would have a damn good shot at the title).

Kaito and Osvaldorama like this.
  6. Osvaldorama

They are not above the rules.
    They have to be punished, otherwise the game is pointless and we will have to accept that the big six is the only thing that will ever matter.
    Why even support any other club after that?

7. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Because sometimes we give the ****ers a bloody nose.

Archers Road likes this.
  8. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

I'd like to see all six clubs banned from European competitions for the next 3 seasons.

Osvaldorama likes this.
  9. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Yeah this to me seems like the most logical punishment. They won’t though as that will **** the finances of the clubs even more and encourage them to do this breakaway even more

10. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

It needs to be a really tough punishment for the grief this group of well dressed bandits have caused. Nothing less than 20 points deduction for each club next and following year

Osvaldorama likes this.

11. Osvaldorama

Yeah I agree. If they don’t get points deductions at a minimum, it makes a mockery of the entire league.

I wonder if we’d even have grounds to sue the league for losses based on our points deduction.

12. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't waste the club's scarce financial resources on that but you make a very valid point. There has to be real and visible damage meted out to the clubs involved. A transfer embargo also for at least two years would underline their complicity in an underhand and now failed activity.

Osvaldorama likes this.
  13. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

The trouble is that they’ll argue that it was all done without the manager, coach, players or supporters knowledge, so why penalise them? My counter argument to that (as has already been mentioned) is that putting a club into bankruptcy also doesn’t involve the above, so I think there should be drastic penalties.
    Of course, we all know it won’t happen .... :emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde

Brinkworth Saint and Osvaldorama like this.
  14. Osvaldorama

It’s really suspicious, Sounness said it on tv and then there are loads of fake accounts on Twitter with like 5 followers all repeating it. I think this is what they’re trying to get people to believe.

The thing is, it doesn’t wash. Administration wasn’t our fault. The owners that caused it had even left at the time. And we STILL got -10. If they don’t dish out an even harsher punishment, it will prove once and for all that the top of the league is just a money laundering mafia, not actually part of the game.

15. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

......and they can all stick their insincere apologies up their arses. Devious, slimey bastards.

16. Shandy_top_89

Shandy_top_89 Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t think they will be punished at all.

What is more likely is an amendment of the rules so that there are severe punishments for repeating this kind of thing in the future as a preventative measure.

By the way you can guarantee all the discussion of the 50+1 ownership rule the Government was putting forward will now have evaporated.

And they did still manage to put through the destruction of the Champions League into a donkey tournament at the weekend, funnily enough nobody has talked about that since the ESL farce....

17. Osvaldorama

That will be a disgrace if so IMO.

There is absolutely no reason not to punish these clubs if we are trying to make the game fairer. The only reason to not punish them is because the premier league are worried about their bank balance.

If that’s the case, the big six may as well **** off to the ESL as they’re operating by different rules anyway.

18. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I'd go further than that. I've said for ages that kids should be free. Make U16s free and not only will you have an influx of parents (who spend at the ground) more willing to go but you secure yourself generation after generation of kids that grow up into loyal fans that will be heading to st marys every other week rather than watching liverpool on the telly.

Not only is it the right thing to do for your local community, but in the long run it would grow the fanbase and revenue.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  19. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Ticket prices just aren't a big factor in revenues...you could take ticket prices down to a tenner while player wages would only move minimally. Our matchday revenues (which comprise more than just ticket sales), pre-COVID, were just about enough on an annual basis to buy a Guido Carrillo. We're hardly a commercial giant, but we still make as much off our (dodgy!) sponsors each year as we do the approx. 500,000 people that pass through the turnstiles.

Teams really ought to make tickets dirt cheap simply because, in the long run, there's a massive financial interest in having people care about football, and most of the money to be made from people caring about football has nothing to do with what you take off them at the gate. Football long since moved past the bit where the primary business of football is football itself. Football's the draw to try to sell you other things.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  20. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Exactly. How may people started on an iPod (later an iPhone) and now have Apple Macs?

Aptly named for us, the halo effect.

davecg69 likes this.