1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everton in a big mess ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

... which just keeps getting worse..

The more I look at this club the more I feel we're blessed.

Some of their supporters are desperate for this takeover which looks like the classic frying pan & fire situation to me,

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  2. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

3. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

There's some clubs, probably a lot tbh, that I would feel bit sorry for if they were in financial trouble....It was sad to see what happened to Bury for example.

Everton wouldn't be one of them.

4. Smug in Boots

They're an absolutely rotten club, with numerous rotten supporters, and I'm hoping this is the year they go down.

5. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

I've been hoping for years that this is "their year".....I'm really hoping it's this one.
    Never liked them, I was gutted the seasons they stayed up on the last game of the season....twice during the 90's.

6. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I believe there are three worse clubs who'll save their bacon

C Montgomery Burns, Daz and rowley like this.
  7. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Agreed. There’s some ****e at the bottom of the PL. Says it all when Luton aren’t even in the relegation zone <laugh>

8. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll go down. If they get 25 games out of Calvert Lewin, they'll get enough points. Maybe without that, it could be a low bar this season anyway.

But that is without the dysfunction having an impact. No way will the PL deduct points from them for the charges they currently face, they don't have the balls for that.

But I read yesterday that the club have borrowed money from 777 as an interim measure (£20m I think), which translates to me that they're brassic. They have to pay this back if the takeover doesn't happen.

And 777 look like they aren't exactly swimming in cash either. It could get very salty there.

9. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

As much as Moshri is desperate to sell and the Everton fans want him out this feels like it would be an even worse scenario. Similar to when Short refused to sell to the German consortium who were allegedly planning to transfer owership of the AOL/SOL to themselves and lease it back to the club. Alarm bells ringing

10. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

I don’t get the hatred of Everton.
    Liverpool, City and United I could understand. But Everton are pretty much what we were. Useless owner always looking for investment. Clinging on in the premier league year after year. Moyes had them top half for a while but since then it’s been a badly managed decline.
    As for supporters, well every club has its fair share of idiots. Liverpool probably have more than most.
    Dyche has steadied the ship. I hope they get through this crisis. Having said that the premier league is corrupt and if you don’t have dirty money you’ll never be more than also rans.
    Much more fun where we are.

COYCS, Dorset, Oldsandy and 3 others like this.

11. Smug in Boots

Plenty of reasons but I'll give you my top three to save time, in no particular order ...

The way they hung around outside Goodison to take the mickey when Jimmy Hill cheated and relegated us.

Goading and charging at families and kids, around the coaches, when they knocked us out of the FA Cup at the SOL.

They bribed the Wimbledon keeper, Hans Segers, to throw a vital home game that saved them from relegation.

I hope they go down, go bankrupt and have to groundshare with Tranmere <laugh>

12. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about Everton. We played there 1980/81, we went down in a mini bus and most of us were about 15 or 16 and wearing scarves. Anyway after the match a gang of skinheads started following us outside the ground. They were just about to give us a good kicking when a Scouse bloke about 40 and built like a brick ****house told them to leave us alone as we were "only kids". The "leader" of this gang started shouting "C'mon Everton are you soft **** him". Bloke walked right up to him, nutted him and left him lying in a pool of blood and the rest ran off . He then took us back to his house and paid out of his own pocket for 2 taxis to Edge Lane bus station, where our mini bus was parked, so we wouldn't get any more "hassle". Will never forget that bloke and how kind he was to complete strangers.

13. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Are you sure that wasn’t smug in an Everton top he’d just nicked <laugh>

14. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

I think that we have had a similar thread in the not so distant past.

And while I don't disagree strongly with any of these posts, I will repeat (more or less), my post on that occasion.

EVERTON FC were very good to Bradley Lowery, and for that at least they have my thanks.

15. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

I was at that game, in an executive box with the finance director of Littlewoods Pools. When Barry Horne smashed in the equalizer the fd punched a hole in the ceiling. The winning goal was superbly stroked into the corner of the goal by Graham Stuart over a despairing keeper <laugh>
    Not long afterwards there were rumours that a keeper was being investigated for fixing games. A lot of people immediately thought of the Wimbledon game. But it turned out to be Bruce Grobellar.
    So there. :1980_boogie_down:

16. Smug in Boots

Your Gran could've saved that shot tbh.

Oh and you're wrong about Grobellar being the only one accused of match fixing ....

"In 1994, Segers was accused of involvement in match fixing
    , together with Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar. In December 1997, Grobbelaar and Segers were found guilty by the Football Association of breaching betting regulations."

... so there.

17. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Hans segers.
    They ripped us off on a player years ago. Can't remember who.
    They think they are entitled to stay in the premier league.
    We were the better side when we went down and they stayed up by a point after we beat them either both games or drew and won one.

Ok , decent about Bradley and redeemed themselves for me these days because of that, but still always want them to go down.

Nordic and The Professor like this.
  18. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Why city ?
    I quite like them.
    Gave us a standing ovation when we went down.

Nordic and The Professor like this.
  19. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Went to a game Everton v Sunderland many years ago with Everton fans .

Had a tidy motor and one of the efc fans told me where to park.
    Rough as fook. Expected the car to be on bricks after the match lol.
    But no, it was still there but battery flat.
    A scouser ripped his tin sheet fence out, pulled an old car onto the road and gave me a jump start.
    Fair do's

Hope he was a Liverpool supporter <laugh>

20. Smug in Boots

Segers and Holdsworth <doh>

Brainman likes this.