1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everton next season then……

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Nov 17, 2023.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Highly doubt it, this puts them 2 points of safety and a long way to go.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

A good year for Everton to get docked 10 points as I think the 3 promoted teams are doomed.

Really hope Everton get shafted by the clubs suing them for £300 million.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

This just shows that even a 10 point deduction isn't a big enough deterrent in the modern game. The gulf between the PL and the Championship gets wider every year. Burnley and Sheff Utd ran away with the top 2 spots last season, yet are hopeless in the PL, and will be back with us next season. The PL teams know this, and will increasingly risk breaking FFP or other rules, and take their chances on 3 worse teams that season. The ONLY way to stop it is to hand these teams an automatic relegation at the end of the season. I bet they'd think twice then!!

manxrobin and Redprintt like this.
  5. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A lot of sense there supcon and it irks me to see the elite get away with financial murder when for the likes of us we would get hit with severe penalties. The supposed checks on monetary correctness seem to go out the window when foreign investment is involved as a lot of that money is wound up in difficult to chase down overseas accounts and offshore companies. Chelsea may be next in line as apparently there were some dodgy financial practices used by Abramovich - go figure?? The hope of recently promoted teams chances of sticking in the top level are diminished by the ability of those already there to use dodgy accounting to stay at the top.

Supcon72 likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I agree, although some buck the trend, Brentford are one example, it’s increasingly difficult though.

Supcon72 likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Another 8 points possibly coming.

what about Man City they need to be brought to book.
    Do the FA want to take on the Arabs that is the big question.

Chelsea as well

About time these teams are brought to book.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    Redprintt likes this.
  8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

They tried years ago with Alan Sugars Tottenham - whilst Swindon Town had the book thrown at them.
    I know not many on here like Swindon - but it happened at the same time and was simply wrong - unfair.
    Ok that was about illegal payments to players rather than FFP but the principle is the same - smaller clubs get punished but bigger clubs bring in the expensive lawyers and get away with it.

Redprintt and Red Robin like this.
  9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

You only have to remember what happened to Luton when they were absolutely clobbered by financial penalties and if my memory serves me correctly it was done quite some time after the guilty parties had left the scene. The other potential for further sanctions is Chelsea and that would be from Abramovich's days as owner much the same as Luton Town back in the day. The penalties imposed on Luton eventually caused their relegation to non-league football, but look where they are for now. It does go to show what commitment can do after such a beating but you need something special to achieve what they did, but what a shame that we don't have that drive to succeed.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Everton wil survive easily unless there is a further points deduction
    They will comfortably finish above the likes of Burnley, Luton and Sheffield Inited as things stand

Redprintt likes this.