1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everton's stadium to be completed by 2037

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Page_Moss_Kopite, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

FSG would really throw a spanner in the works if they demanded a similar deal to Everton's from Joe Anderson.

"Hey Joe, we need a few hundred million for our Anfield project, here's our card and sort code number, thanks buddy"

<laugh>

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

Well..... I think the only reason we are no objecting to unfair advantage given to everton here is we want him to grease this planning through.

In fairness the council did do a lot to push the main stand through and closing the road is no small matter for anfield road end.

add in all the rest and keeping joe on side til his scheme s blow up in his own face is to our advantage.

3. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Yeah, but if Joe was a red and not a blue would things have worked out differently with our new stand and their new ground? :emoticon-0105-wink:

Joking aside, Anderson saw the benefits of the renewal and rejuvenation and benefits for the community of the area around our ground ahead of objections by tennant's and private landlords.

The area is much better in the immediate vacinity but still needs a lot doing on the perimeter.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The council passed the previous Yanks Stanley Park scheme despite the use of open public parkland and the height of it beyond planning regs and there being numerous complaints. That’s before we bring up the forced dereliction of the surrounding area over many years. LCC have done plenty for LFC in planning terms over the years.

Peej likes this.
  5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

That’s Anderson speaking way after the fact and absolutely **** all to do with the simple and obvious point I made I.e that LCC also helped LFC through planning.<doh>

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Joe would happily do it for the profit. FSG would rather Liverpool Football Club cover the bill.

7. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You said LCC helped LFC through the planning. I gave the reason why.

Joe was in favour of building on Stanley Park as opposition leader in 2007 and as leader of LCC in 2010 maintained that stance, so it's obvious that they would help. <doh>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah those plans.... not sure it will really all happen
    I believe he was in favour of off paying for it and Everton sharing it for a pittance

but seriously... the council did weigh in behind fsg when it was clear we wanted to stsy at Anfield and pushed on cpo and such.. they could have blocked those im sure.

I've no issue with the support we have got and rest. our planning for Anfield road end is a big deal imo.

if Joe was a red and leant fsg 200mil in effect at no interest almost I'd be demand far to have bought more players <laugh>

old how missed a trick given how profitable our stands will be.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Their reasoning is ****ing irrelevant, the facts is that they helped. Bad pendant you.

10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

like this ..... upload_2018-2-9_19-18-19.jpeg

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

If FSG could get the loan they would.

Tobes likes this.
  12. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It's the council's job to help with planning. It's not their job to arrange cheap finance.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’s called business lad. Finch Farm showed that they could get a safe return on investment. The BMD deal would provide a larger return for a relatively low risk investment.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

of course I agree.

someone would no doubt then point out that the council could then be sued for showing undue favouritism to one club. :)

that's the issue im sure.

I thought this started as a commonwealth games stadium which then was a totally different ball game so to speak. I think everyone would get behind that given what would be left behind afterwards in the area.

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Nope, Everton get £5m/year in naming rights and the rent is £0.85m/year. That's Everton being paid £4.15m/year by LCC to use the council's property.

Scale that kind of #bentasfuck deal up to a stadium and LCC is bankrupt.

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The naming rights deal is **** all to do with the lease of the facility and happened long afterwards and doesn’t have any impact on the councils ROI <laugh>

#usmanov

17. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It demonstrates that LCC is inept/corrupt and gave EFC a contract which mean they made massive private profits from a council resource. EFC should only have been give the right to use the facility not use it as a revenue stream. That's standard business.

Meanwhile all costs of maintenance and forced improvements are met by LCC.

It's as bent as West Ham's stadium deal.

In the time it takes for LCC to break even EFC will make £80m profit.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

no it's not!

sticking a name on a leased training ground is hardly like the kind of deal that West ham have. everyone could see West hams deal was dodgy before it ever came about and spurs and Leyton orient tried to stop it but could see Johnson would just use the whole budget of London to tie it up in court to stop them ever blocking it.

everton training ground.. who cares. I anything it's smart deal by club though I fail to see how the sponsor really gains from it.

but then off have a training kit sponsor which I think I silly of them to pay for that and we have an offical lubricant

Tobes likes this.
  19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You don’t understand business mate. The council are getting a ROI from FF, the fact that EFC have come up with a naming rights deal is competely irrelevant to the profit LCC are making on the facility, for virtually zero risk.

20. astro

astro Well-Known Member

It will take two decades for LCC to see a ROI. Even that assumes no additional maintenance costs over those two decades.

It is an abysmal investment from the city's point of view.