1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Excuses with regards injuries

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Why do we keep using them?

I will tell you why, because it is true. We have the worst injury list in footballing history surely?? We will not win games with this luck. Until get get our full squad back we will go nowhere. We need Brunt or/and Harrold back, Clucas looked class with JJOT in the middle. Brog was instrumental in certain games, Woodards had a big effect. We should try to get that QPR lad back as well, showed nothing but passion and commitment when here.

We are not the same side that did so well tail-end of last season and we will therefore struggle with a mixture of kids and second choice players.

Our season will start after X-mas I reckon, which will once again be too late.

Nevermind, UTG, eh?! :1980_boogie_down:

2. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

With nine of the first team squad out of action thro' injuries, most of them key players, I wouldn't call it excuses, more like reasons!!!

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What pisses me of is the Premiership teams can spend as much as they ****ing like of wages and teams like us get loads of injuries and its tough **** we can't bring in anymore players because we are at our budget limit. As regards to the injured players I really hate to say it but players like Woodards (who is a quality player by the way) and Kenneth (not to worried about) are always going to be injured so I think we are IMO better of paying them off and releasing them to free up some wages.

4. Chris-Gashead

Yep I would agree with that. Well certainly for Kenneth....Woodards maybe worth keeping purely in the hope he does have a 25/30 games a season with us. Brog is as good as gone IMO (unless he is a lucky boy and we offer him another 1 year deal?)

5. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

The season will be almost over by the time Brog comes back can't see Woodards making to many more appearances he's had two bad injuries close together which can't help him hope I'm wrong though

6. carry- on- rovers

carry- on- rovers Active Member

As long as we pick up some valuable points 15-18 over the next ten games then with the players coming back we stand a chance of pushing for the playoffs.

However if we lose/draw to many and score under 10 points suggest the season will be similar to last year OMG leaving us in the bottom half of the league, as the points gap will be to high to mount a decent challenge.

We could do without playing Watford tommorow as the players could do with a rest so they dont pick up any injuries or strains.

COR

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Well there are alternatives or a combination of them.
    Ask the staff to take a temporary cut in wages to free up for a loan. Lets be realistic, the players don't want to lose the opportunity of promotion.
    OR get the Board to take up some money and chuck into the pot. It has to be a donation with no strings attached under FFP.
    Or they could put out the begging bowls to the supporters for the same thing. Godfrey Vaughan did that to put up the North Stand at Eastville.

WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERE'S A WAY!!!

8. SoLongSoBlue

SoLongSoBlue Member

With regard to fans donations Sapphire, I have often said I would quite happily pay an extra £2+ per game if it helped with getting players, we supporters forever go on about bringing in this bringing in that, ask us all to pay extra to help with the cost, you will soon find out who really wants what, I obviously understand there are some supporters who would find it hard, but Im willing to bet its only a small percentage.

9. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Don't panic yet! We almost got a point in a tricky local derby!

I think we can get something from Scunny. They got battered by Mansfield on Saturday.

I think Watford will have too much, but you never know...

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

But why have we had so many injuries over the last few seasons are the players over trained or are they not fit enough to start with?

11. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

We have brought in quite a few players over the past few years who get crocked quickly and then we see little of them.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

most injuries we have happened in games. hammer/paterson happened in hereford friendly. clarke in derby friendly. harrold last season was at gillingham. his groin injury this time happened in reading friendly. woodards and clucas in games etc etc. so we cant really blame training.

what has hit us is players being over paid - i bet gill, clarkson, parkes and kenneth are all well paid. i bet all are in the higher earners bracket of league 2. bet smith got a great new deal in pre season.
    also the stay away fans, those who decided to stay away while mcghee was with us. less fans means less gate receipts means less revenue/turnover which impacts the wage cap. i dont blame the fans not watching and saving their hard earned money instead of watching a disgrace. but as a result im sure its effected the wage cap.

13. SoLongSoBlue

SoLongSoBlue Member

Agree with that CJS, you really cant blame anybody from staying away with some of the dross we have had dished out in the last couple of seasons, even more reason why the guys at the business end need to be on the ball, expectations prior to the Exeter and the result of the match could effect the gate on saturday by 1500 quite easily.

14. Chris-Gashead

I am surprised we still get 6/7,000 turn up at the memorial after the last 4 or 5 years worth of ****e football we have had to endure. I was hoping this would be a season we would be able to connect with our players, and see a chance of promotion with them as well. Doesn't look like that will happen now as we will most likely be 15 points off the play offs before we even get some players back in the starting line up lol. I am not down talking our youth by the way, they are very exciting to watch, but they do not have the know how to consistantly play at this level. I guess this will help bed them into the squad though, if nothing else