1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eze

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Oslo, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

Amongst all this negativity: If We are a selling club, developing young players into top [layers, surely that will (1) encourage the bigger clubs to loan us their youngsters and (2) encourage more youngsters to want to join.
    I still think Eze needs another season in the championship but what do I know....

Tramore Ranger likes this.
  2. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

All the best to him if he goes. Our owners have been abundantly clear for the last few years that we are a selling club now and that all our players have a price tag. Would be great if we banked a large wad of cash for him, got him loaned back, and got Amos in return, with a sell on clause for Eze.

Not only would this send the right signal to our current players - work hard and you will get your rewards - but it will help us attract good youngsters too. Plus, our financial situation is improving at the end of this financial year and this will certainly do no harm.

Maybe I'm able to be less emotional as I don't go every week anymore, I can see why it would be harder to be dispassionate for those who do. Freeman going allowed Eze to step up. Eze going will hopefully do the same for Chair. And when Chair moves on we'll hopefully have a few more ready for the first team.

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agree, although I'm not completely convinced about Chair. Plenty of promise though.

Ninj likes this.
  4. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

IMG-20191220-WA0001.jpg

Eze rubbing shoulders with some serious company - still think £15m is a good deal? Surely he's worth more

QPRski likes this.
  5. stick

stick Bumper King

Eze goes to Spurs......never to be seen again <laugh>

6. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Perhaps we could use some of the cash to buy Freeman back. He must be getting bored keeping the bench dry.

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Perhaps the ambition of our best players should be tempered by looking at what has happened to our best players of the previous two seasons, both Smithies and Freeman have been afterthoughts at their not too stellar new clubs. When you look at the talent at Spurs Eze is going to have to massively up his consistency to be anything more than an impact sub at present. But hey, money talks and he'll probably be on 5 times what he's earning with us...

Uber_Hoop, Totallyqpr and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Good point 're Brentford.
    When Harry went to Brum and took their 'best' players, the team did not seem to suffer at all which means they had developed a good squad (as we've found out to our cost! ).

10. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

He’s had one good season

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Another cheery thread. Hope he can still entertain and play well tomorrow with all this sh*te in the background.

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

I know I may be going back a few years..but haven't we always been a selling club? Dave Seaman, Andy SInton, SIr Les, Trevor Sinclair etc etc we always buy potential and turn it into solid gold. We just need to keep finding these nuggets and developing them...hopefully the players can go to the next level..

13. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

All of those were sold on eventually, we always were (mostly) a buy cheap and sell on club

Ninj and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Mid 70's we weren't a selling Club, we were Magic, best in the land, and that is the blue print the Club should be trying to follow Now, even within the constraints of FPP. Eze shouldn't be sold now, he's the one with BOS who'll get the fans back, get them off their seats, and with better defensive performances could get us promoted. We'll get a lot more for him when he's done that and performed at the top of the Champs or in the PL, than we will january. Club should state he's going nowhere January, and get this unnecessary speculation off his back, he's played the last couple of games like he's not fully concentrated.

qprmountmartha, awjm and sb_73 like this.
  15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

With the exception of getting top dollar for Rodney with a brilliant replacement lined up, I don’t think we were a selling club until the late 70s, we only sold players past their peak until West Ham paid a fortune for Phil Parkes and Paul Goddard. Then the Clive Allen stuff was the real turning point, in my opinion. Still, you cut your coat, and the finances of this game are light years away from the mid seventies. Sadly.

Ninj and rangercol like this.
  16. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

it is all about timing as to when and to whom to go.

I wonder how and where Raheem Sterling would be playing and where he would be had he stayed longer with us to break into our first team?

Sadly, none of us have a crystal ball.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  17. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

If Ebs wants to go to Spuds he will (it’s pointless keeping a player who’s had his head turned), the money/players we get in the deal will help stabilise the club’s finances this year. If they step up either BOS or Chair will be off next and again the club will make a tidy sum to help keep the club afloat.
    This will be the pattern for a few years if we can keep producing promising youngsters until we get a larger stadium or hopefully when the club is on a good financial footing then we can charge top dollar or keep our best players and push on to the promised land.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

There’s really no shame in being a selling club. We have to be to survive. It’s certainly better than when we’ve had no players anyone would dream to spend money on buying.

kiwiqpr, KentGaz and StortfordQPR like this.
  19. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed that the ****e that went on at Spuds yesterday makes Ebs think twice about going there.....doubt it though!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Jack Clarke has been recalled by Spurs early from Leeds
    Warburton talks about the loan market when we already have 5.

What if we get Amos as a signing and Clarke ( on loan) plus money in exchange for Eze???
    Are the Spurs dominoes fall into place. I hope not!