1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2019 SEASON: NEWS - RUMOURS

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by DHCanary, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Kimi took time out, not sure it did any him any good, Schumacher had time out. Does it really work? I do think Lewis is not in love with the job as he once was, At 33 does he want to come back when he is 35? I think he wants a one year contract and then move on. Guess if he wins the championship this year both he and Merc will want him to stick around. I still maintain the Danny in the Merc would be an interesting option (replacing Lewis) but if not staying at RB is his best option. If Lewis makes it number 5 this year he will have proven he is the best of his generation. Would/does he need a 6th? Guess minds will be made up by the end of the summer break.

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Realistically Hamilton has a good chance of winning every title until the 2021 season, beyond which it's up in the air.

2018, 19 and 20 titles puts him level with Schumacher and probably would have him eclipse Schumacher in every other record. Whilst that's on the table, I can't see why he'd leave Mercedes.

easynic150 likes this.
  3. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Might be boring for him and us though. Much as I would like him to break all records I actually think the young guns might have a word to say, Verstappen and Leclerc. While RB may be Danny's best option this time around, based on the past few races he runs the risk of being eclipsed by Max unless he finds his rhythm again.

4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I feel a bit sorry for DR . Nobody else seems to want him ( Or can accommodate him ) AT THE MOMENT . He will stick with RBR IMHO on less money than Max , if I read Horners comments correctly .

Stick with RBR and Go to Merc in 2020 If Lewis jacks it in , which I think he will .

5. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

I think Seb will want to finish his career with Mercedes so wouldn't be surprised to see Danny Ric go to Ferrari.

6. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I don't believe Seb would want to go to Mercedes. I feel that once he was won with Ferrari he could pull a Rosberg and announce his retirement.

7. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

Hamilton has signed two year extension with Mercedes.

8. eddie_squidd

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137515/hamilton-completes-new-mercedes-deal

"Lewis Hamilton has committed his Formula 1 future to Mercedes, with the team announcing a new two-year contract ahead of the German Grand Prix.

The process of fleshing out a new deal between Hamilton and Mercedes had been ongoing for many months, with both the world champion and team boss Toto Wolff constantly insisting it was just a matter of agreeing details rather than either party looking seriously at alternatives.

Hamilton, who began his F1 career with Mercedes-powered McLarens before joining the works team in 2013, will now be committed to Mercedes until the end of 2020"

9. Number 1 Jasper

30 million rising to 40 million .

That won't include personal deals .

10. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Just after Mercedes have a re-shuffle,
    Any connection?

11. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Sounds like that reshuffle announcement isn't a dramatic change, it's just finally been announced all together. Some of those changes have been underway for nearly a year. Timing of the announcement is probably a coincidence.

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

It's the money small teams struggle to get to keep surviving.

13. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bottas has now followed suit and resigned to the team. Related to Hamilton or just convenient timing?

14. Number 1 Jasper

Not sure , but I think he deserved a 2 year deal . Can see why Merc have not done it though .

15. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

He's a racer, he'll stay until he loses his desire to race, or feels he's no longer able to win against his team-mate imo.

Number 1 Jasper and easynic150 like this.
  16. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Team: ok lewis here's £40m a year but only if you reach targets like beating your team mate.

Lewis: can I choose my team mate?

Team: yes

Lewis: Bottas

Big Ern, ched999uk and eddie_squidd like this.
  17. eddie_squidd

Actual lol.

18. Number 1 Jasper

So . 18" wheel from 2021 , and no tyre warmers .

Rumours that Stroll and his dad's money , may be off to Force India next year .

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  19. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Will Buxton's silly season rumours are pretty impressive:

Ferrari: Vettel partnered with either Kimi (again) or as seems increasingly likely now Leclerc.

>Renault: It's understood Ocon has signed, despite being a Mercedes driver. Team supposedly wants Alonso back but right now he's too expensive. Hulkenberg stays.

> Force India: If Ocon goes, seat could go to Stroll. Rumours also link Kubica to join alongside the Canadian although there is some chatter that Perez may have already recommitted.

> McLaren: Vandoorne on shaky ground. Sainz believed favourite alongside Alonso. Perez outside bet.

> STR: Red Bull has option on Sainz that runs out end of Sept. If it holds off making a decision, Carlos may be forced to return to STR alongside Gasly. Norris still rumoured to be in running as maybe not ready for McLaren yet.

>Haas: Magnussen seems safe. Perez, Sainz rumoured.

> Sauber: Most coveted seats as it looks like being a proper B team. If Leclerc moves on, Ericsson will want to stay. Raikkonen, Perez, Sainz, Giovinazzi all rumoured.

> Williams: Big unknown. Sirotkin stays. Perez came close to a move a few years back. Russell perhaps?

easynic150 likes this.
  20. Number 1 Jasper

Bugger for Sainz .

Williams up S**T creek without a canoe even , let alone a paddle :(