1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2022 SEASON: NEWS - RUMOURS

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I like Sgts thought that we can live in hope , but the fact it’s F1 not the FIA that tore up the contract , makes me think the alternative track ( that will be chosen by the fia ) won’t be In Europe…..

2. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I believe that Liberty dictate the calendar.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  3. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

I read that Portugal are interested but I doubt they are willing to stump what Liberty want.

4. SgtBhaji

Seems that Mazepin has been let go by Haas and Fittipaldi or Giovinazzi in.

5. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I have mixed feelings about this. It seems the world has gone full on anti Russian but these are people and athletes playing sports they love not soldiers or politicians. we have to be careful of prejudice. Its almost like rascism.

Saying that Mazepin was tripe and his Dad is mates with Putin so he had to go

duggie2000 likes this.
  6. ched999uk

I was thinking the same a few days ago. Then thinking about it, while unfortunate for the athletes, it's just one more way to put pressure on Putin. I think the west are trying to apply as much pressure as possible without harming the west too much in the hope that somehow Putin is removed.

7. Number 1 Jasper

I get your point , but if one set of groups says this is out of order , surely they ALL need to stand together ?

The fact F1 disagrees with the FIA is credit to F1.

I feel for the sports people etc , but as been mentioned , I also feel for the person who just wants to get on with life .

What I am certain of , is that it’s a **** show !

8. Number 1 Jasper

I think it’s Fittipaldi .

9. Number 1 Jasper

What ?

Nikita Mazepin would have to sign document forbidding supporting Russia to stay in F1
    please log in to view this image

By Andrew BensonChief F1 writer
    Last updated on 2 minutes ago2 minutes ago.From the section Formula 1

please log in to view this image

Nikita Mazepin would line-up with Mick Schumacher if he stays in the F1
    Nikita Mazepin would be required to sign a document forbidding him from supporting the Russian invasion of Ukraine if he remains in Formula 1.

The Russian is expected to lose his Haas seat because of the Ukraine crisis but is still officially a driver.

The FIA has made not backing the invasion, either directly or indirectly, a requirement to race.

Drivers will also have to sign a declaration adhering to the FIA's principles of peace and neutrality.

Mazepin's billionaire father Dmitry, who gives financial backing to Haas through his chemicals company, is a close associate of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Mazepin's commercial manager Jesper Carlsen said he was unable to comment on whether Mazepin would be prepared to commit to these requirements, which are among a number demanded of Russians wishing to compete in international motorsport competitions.

The others include:

• Having to compete in an individual or neutral capacity

• Not displaying any Russian or Belarusian national symbols, colours or flags

• An acknowledgement of "the strong commitment made by the FIA to stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine, the Federation Automobile d'Ukraine, and all of those suffering as a result of the ongoing conflict"

The FIA's move comes a day after F1's commercial arm terminated its contract with the Russian Grand Prix - an effective statement that F1 will not race in the country at least until Putin is no longer president.

The governing body has not banned Russians from competing in international events, instead allowing them to participate on a neutral basis.

The UK motorsport authority has banned Russian and Belarusian drivers from taking part in events in Britain and Northern Ireland.

However, BBC Sport has been told this would not necessarily prevent Mazepin from competing in the British Grand Prix as the F1 driver super-licence contains a clause requiring national authorities to permit the driver to take part in F1 events.

ched999uk likes this.
  10. SgtBhaji

Maybe the Athletes will start speaking out against what's going on, maybe that will help the Russian people see what's really happening, maybe they'll be the ones to stop Putin..

Even if it only has a tiny influence, it's a small price to pay given where this mess could lead us.

El_Bando and ched999uk like this.

11. SgtBhaji

BBC Headline:

Aston Martin: Team on track to be F1 contenders by 2025 says Mike Krack

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

If nothing else, the headlines are going to be golden.

ched999uk and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  12. Number 1 Jasper

:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

13. Number 1 Jasper

Russian driver Nikita Mazepin has been sacked by the Haas team as a result of his country's invasion of Ukraine.

The US-based outfit have also terminated the contract of their title sponsor, the Russian chemicals company Uralkali.

Uralkali is part-owned by Mazepin's billionaire father Dmitry, a close associate of Russian President Vladimir Putin, through his company Uralchem.

Haas said news on Mazepin's replacement was expected early next week.

Among the drivers said to be under consideration are the team's reserve Pietro Fittipaldi, who stood in for Romain Grosjean for two races at the end of 2020 after the Frenchman's fiery accident in Bahrain, Indian Formula 2 driver Jehan Daruvala, and Alpine reserve driver Oscar Piastri, the reigning F2 champion.

Haas said in their statement: "As with the rest of the Formula 1 community, the team is shocked and saddened by the invasion of Ukraine and wishes for a swift and peaceful end to the conflict."

Mazepin's departure from F1 had been expected since Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine on 24 February.

Dmitry Mazepin was one of a number of leading Russian businessmen invited to a meeting with Putin at the Kremlin hours after the invasion began.

Haas repainted their cars on 24 February, in the middle of the first Formula 1 pre-season test in Spain, to remove the red white and blue colours that had been on the car to represent the Russian flag since Mazepin joined at the start of 2021.

The FIA, motorsport's governing body, has stopped short of banning Russian drivers from international competition. It says they must compete as neutral athletes, and sign a document agreeing not to support the invasion.

Motorsport UK was this week one of a number of national motorsport authorities to ban Russian competitors from taking part in events in the UK.

There is debate as to whether this would ban a Russian driver from the British Grand Prix, as an F1 driver's super-licence contains a clause requiring national authorities to allow them to race.

But that point is now moot after Haas' decision to end their association with Mazepin.

Justjazz likes this.
  14. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, few on here (if any) are Max die hards. He is playing to his audience.

15. Justjazz

Given the indiscriminate shelling, various war crimes and the failure for the truth to be broadcast in Russia every retaliation, short of nuclear, is fair.

ched999uk likes this.
  16. Justjazz

The only way Putin will go is if the Russian authorities remove him. All measures that make them consider this option is OK by me.
    I have been to Russia including Siberia, the people are decent and are just normal people like you and I (the men make most of us look teetotal). I like the Russian people, just not the regime. I was there for work and as an executive of a high technology company was chaperoned by minders (who I assume were low level KGB). I and my two colleagues were ticked off for 'disppearing' when we were in Siberia....long story! I will only bore you with one event. It was 2005, I walked into a supermarket in Siberia (think it was not the average). As I walked in, on the right hand side was a life size cardboard cut out of David Beckham. That's branding!

17. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good riddance. Awful driver and a worse person.

I Hope Haas gets a known quantity like Gio or Hulk, would give us a much better idea of Mick's level.

18. ched999uk

I wonder where Haas is going to get the budget shortfall that they must now have? I do wonder if Andretti would do better and have Haas as title sponsor? Then they have US team with US sponsor and US driver!

19. Number 1 Jasper

I agree .

I have every sympathy with the normal employees inc Steiner , but Haas ?
    Serves him right for getting into bed with the devil IMHO .

As has been mentioned , golden opportunity for MA to get involved .

20. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Unfortunately the Russian people have a long history of taking an inordinate amount of **** from their rulers before they do anything.