1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup semi final

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

No commiserations from me for their coin throwing chump fans in the middle tier behind us. Maggots. That aside... sweet, sweet day!

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

That first goal was like a trick golf shot.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  3. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

The more I see it the better it gets. (9:28 ish)

Markthehorn and yorkshirehornet like this.
  4. Stan

Stan Stalker

I’m happy for you lot. I’m a lifelong Man Utd fan who has been down south for over 20 years and got so disillusioned with PL football and the **** Mourinho that I became a season ticket holder at Woking. Your club and fans treated the 3rd round game with respect and the Woking fans in turn respected that. Obviously I hope you somehow find a way to beat the blue ****s in the final.

5. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Great write up on BBC website...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  6. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Just thought I'd pop over and offer my congratulations. What a comeback! ... brilliant stuff ... and this is why we watch football, for moments like this <cheers>

8. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

We were in section 140 and quite a few Watford supporters were complaining about the Wolves supporters above, I didn't realise they were throwing coins down. I was not impressed at all with the view, I will book the cheaper seats higher up for the final. Holiday now cut short. Train was uncomfortably packed going and coming back, I will certainly drive next time.

What a day, not many of those in a lifetime, great to be there. :emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance

brian_66_usa likes this.
  9. Whilst I do share the love and jubilation my day was a bit rubbish.
    I was in the top tier and we had around 30 of them in our section and they made no attempt whatsoever to hide their allegiance. These were £65 tickets. Got so bad that a few of us left after 70 minutes - it was all getting rather unpleasant. Complete failure by Ticketmaster and exacerbated by the stewards. Not impressed. On the plus side I did get back to the pub to see the last 5 minutes and extra time.

10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Oh sorry...

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Deleted....... likes this.

11. superhorns

Completely unacceptable behaviour from some of their fans plus ticket allocation should be investigated. Their extra 1500 seats should have been well away from our supporters or better still not supplied if normal security rules were compromised.

12. superhorns

Tony Coton, who must have been sitting somewhere near us, has accused some Wolves fans sitting above us of hurling abuse and spitting on Watford fans. He said "they got what they deserved".

Scumbags.

13. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

We've all become rather over sensitive to this type of thing SH. In the old days when we used to sing songs about Harry Roberts, and kicking of heads somebody else was probably using the expression 'Scumbags' about us. If we are really serious about getting into Europe then we may have to visit places like Red Star Belgrade and Dinamo Zagreb in the future and they do more than just spit and hurl abuse.

rudebwoy likes this.
  14. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Woking FC would like to congratulate Javi Gracia and Watford FC on their dramatic semi final victory in the Emirates FA Cup.

Our 3rd Round tie was our biggest cup game for many years and we were impressed by the friendliness of all at Watford and are delighted they made it through.

We suspect the vast majority of Woking fans will be cheering on the Hornets on the 18th May.

Newcastle Brown Ale actually works wonders!

Markthehorn and Deleted....... like this.
  15. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done on your victory and good luck in the final. If any of our fans did what is being reported then hopefully they will have been caught on camera and will suffer for their actions. I know loads of fans that could not get tickets for this match so annoying that these types of fans got tickets.

The problem with the tickets were that the initial allocation went on sale to seaon ticket holders and members but the extra areas we were assigned then went on sale to any member which increased the likelyhood of dodgy fans in those areas and they were the ones right next too/above your fans.

Allocation of tickets was pretty shoddy by Wembley (and the FA) with a couple of the corporate blocks on your side completely empty and some of the Wolves extra sections too close to yours. They should have estimated in advance with collaboration between the clubs.

2-0 up and we sank back and tried to soak up the pressure. I said at the time that we needed to be holding the ball more because if you got one then we would be in trouble and a couple of minutes later you scored.

it was a long drive home last night :(

16. To be fair your lot were amazing in their own part of the stadium and I had a chat with a few on the train up - they were great. I guess when tensions are high these things happen.

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

@BenFoster when asked what he would do if he was picked for the @EmiratesFACup final: "I’ll absolutely refuse! @hdgomes deserves it and should play without a doubt. He has never let this club down and never will. He was fantastic today."

18. superhorns

Disagree about being oversensitive, I saw children visibly upset by whatever was happening, spitting or being hit by coins. Easy to judge from a distance.

19. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Ditto

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  20. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Totally agree, they chose the Man City game which was always a foregone conclusion - almost.