1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Fan led review

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Oliver's Army, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

2. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

3. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

I see the Premier League have commented saying that any reforms “do not damage the game, it’s competitive balance or current levels of investment”.

The bit in bold makes me want to laugh in disbelief but also gets my blood boiling at the same time. What competitive balance is there? The same 2 or 3 teams win all the trophies and the same 6 or 7 hog most of the money. It’s an absolutely farcical thing to say and it’s confirmation to me that they don’t want a thing to change.

I’m so fed up of the way football works not just in this country but around the world too. I’ve even toyed with the idea of setting up a protest group with like minded fans demanding real change in the game. Why is it that 5 or 6 clubs should dominate for the rest of time whilst the rest of us make up the numbers? Every fan in the country should be able to dream that their team can one day win the league, not just the “big six” and their hordes of plastic glory seekers.

4. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

That’s why they should of told them to
    f uck off while they had the chance, if people love watching them watch them on the television like you do now.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

how many times, since the advent of the premier league have we heard ideas to help the lower leagues/grass roots of football and we are still waiting to see this 'help, when the likes of bury go under and derby are desperately clawing onto survival there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere.

supporters can see the problem and the fa know what the problem is but they are the only ones who could change things yet they are the ones who don't want to change things...there is just too much money to be made from the marketing of the 'big six', european competitions are constantly being looked at and tweaked, usually to ensure more televised games, unfortunately, that same attitude is reflected in society, too many are struggling while the select few cream all the cash.

the problem will come when us 'lower mortals' become less and less, far fewer buying and selling or priced out of most markets...when the grass roots of football finally gives up the ghost there will be far fewer going into the game and finding a platform to make a name for themselves and get the big six to notice them.

clockstander likes this.