1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FAO Frank

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lone ranger, Jan 26, 2010.

1. lone ranger

lone ranger Active Member

i asked about the 3 peaks but not the whw. north to south or south to north?

i've roped in at least 3 others, possibly a 4th if he can get his spine sorted long enough to stand upright <ok>

one of them came up with the bright idea of doing nevis then the whw then scafell pike then snowdon in 60hrs. the rest of us told him to wind his neck in. ****ing showoff.

2. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Active Member

Its south to north, starting off at Snowdon then finishing at Ben Nevis. I'm meeting the cancer research bloke tomorrow after work so hopefully he'll be able to set the charity links up. I might do one link for us all on each event, then it can be a collective effort. I'll ask him to leave the West Highland Way so it can be done on behalf of Erskine.

See the guy with the bright idea, he isnt the naked rambler is he?

3. TN8

TN8 Member

What the **** are yous talkin about?

4. Kim Jong Il

Kim Jong Il Well-Known Member

i know a couple of guys who kayaked the 3 biggest locks/lakes in scotland, england and wales in 24h that might be worth a bash frank<ok>

5. Frank The Tank

dougie, the guy that set up the 3 peaks did a kayak from Blackburn (i think) to Leeds. He said it was a right pain in the arse setting it all up and would rather do other stuff. I just dont fancy it.

Anyway, I've got all the challenges set up <ok>

6. Wolvibhoy

Wolvibhoy Member

Is this some sort of gay code ?

"finishing at Ben" "bash frank" "the 3 biggest cocks" "long enough to stand upright "

7. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

TN8 - Franks year of charity endurance events <ok>

8. Magic Laudrup 11

Magic Laudrup 11 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

**** sake, I'm going to be spending more than I'll raise for charity with this <doh> <laugh>

9. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Frank - Will you set-up an online link so we can sponsor you?

10. lone ranger

i initially thought he was taking the piss but he seems serious, he can get to **** though. after 95miles my feet/legs will be in bits <ok>

thanks for the idea tommy but i'm no climber, i'll stick to stumbling along in a trance

11. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

I don't even like it when my nose is running. **** any other kind. I'm more than happy to donate though.

12. lone ranger

<laugh>

i know mate, i need to buy new walking boots as it is. was thinking about using desert ones but they're not weatherproof in any way! the bright idea bloke is a sgt in the hitler youth so i might see if we can blag this as an official ta event or something and get a unit minibus or something. need to get scheming on that one though

13. Frank The Tank

There's already a facebook group for it. Search Iron Man Challenge 2010 and you'll find it <ok>

When I meet this guy tomorrow I'm going to suggest I make him admin and he can take control of the whole charity side. Leaving me to stop ****ing drinking so much and get properly prepared.

magic - I'm just going to find a bike off gumtree, the rest of them shouldnt cost too much.

WHW - Its easter weekend where I usually spend hunners on booze.
    3 Peaks - Everyones chipping in with petrol and its only one day. Its on the May bank holiday, another time I usually piss purples up against the wall.
    Big Buddha - totally free
    Thaiboxing fight - depends on the hospital costs
    Triathlon - Bike (£???) entry around £70
    Glasgow 1/2 marathon - Already paid, dont think it was much anyway.
    Big cycle - Really considering camping for this instead of B&B's. Means I'll only need food costs.

14. Magic Laudrup 11

Forum Moderator

Frank I was looking at the triathlon website and you can get entries as a charity participant with a whole load of charities. That should hopefully let you get free entry as long as you raise a certain amount <ok> Think I'll do the same by getting a bike from there. You need to have a wetsuit as well, not sure on the cost of renting one. Then I need new running shoes (probably 2 pairs for everything) and then a cycling/running suit.

I'm thinking of the EK half marathon in June if it's still on and not sure about July, might take a month off for my birthday <whistle>

I would camp for the cycle but the stench by the end would be ****ing horrendous <laugh> Cars would have to roll up windows as we go past <laugh>

15. Kim Jong Il

you can buy a wetsuit for about £15 in tesco from the catalogue. dont rent one people piss in them.

lidl do them really cheap in the summer aswell.

16. lone ranger

i'm off to lidl to piss on the wetsuits

17. Frank The Tank

<laugh><laugh>

We would be pretty stinking thats true. I'll look into the days in at Gretna then think about camping the rest. There is a free shower at the services we could have a shot each of <laugh>

I was hoping for everyone doing it to save enough money so we can stay the night in this place at the finishing line.

http://www.touristholidays.demon.co.uk/

If I know numbers once I get back from Thailand in July I could try and reserve all 4 lodges, then we could have a massive party there <ok>

18. Magic Laudrup 11

Forum Moderator

Looks good Frank <ok> I'd definetely be up for that. Would be a great end to the years events.

I want a decent wetsuit to keep me warm so will probably be looking at 40 or 50 quid. I will never use it again so feels like a complete waste. I'm ****ing ****ing myself about the swimming. Cycling and running I'm fine with but swimming is murder.

19. Kim Jong Il

20. lone ranger

just cut the groin out of it once you're done ML and but yourself a gas mask, then you'll get more use out of it <ok>