1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FC Midtjylland V Saints. Europa League Play Off 2nd Leg 27/08/15 ko 19:45

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintkitch, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Tintin

Tintin Well-Known Member

You're so funny. Koeman will set up how he wants it's irrevelant what anyone here thinks. You are so pedantic.

Fly likes this.
  2. Tintin

Tintin Well-Known Member

Reed is a good DM. I'm still confident if we get our tactics right.

Saints Fan4Life and Velcro Roy like this.
  3. Tintin

Tintin Well-Known Member

They are a poor passing side. They struggled enough to pass it in the first leg when we played one up top. They wouldn't have a clue what to do if we squeezed the game high with the whole team. They'd resort to panicking and hitting it long.

The reason you don't clearly dont understand the high line is you think we'd get exposed on the flanks. The only place they are getting in is in behind in my strategy. The wide cm's or cb's would get tight to their man immediately if they happened to have the ball put wide. I feel they'd be too afraid to commit bodies forward and the three cb's would deal with that threat comfortably. The game is too squeezed to force our team back and for them to be in positions to cross the ball. Like I said you're being pedantic and you can't prove my tactics wouldn't work no matter how patronising you want to act. It's a valid strategy.

I feel like we may get knocked out playing a standard 4231. Don't tate Targett in the slightest either. Time to let this rest as I'm frankly bored discussing it now.

4. SouthamptonFCroatia

SouthamptonFCroatia Well-Known Member

Romeu has become everyone's darling, but I'm convinced Reed is no worse than him.

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Has he?

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

There are rumours that a Watford player is still missing. Victor is having an MRI scan as they fear he has eaten him.

7. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

8. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Reed's passing and ability on the ball is still a little suspect for me. Not saying Romeu is single-handedly carving up defenses or anything, but he makes good (if simple) passes in a timely manner. And also does a good job of making himself available as an outlet in case of emergency or simply to change the angle.

Reed is a great tackler and generally a very good defender, but he still seems a little uncertain with the ball. I don't think it's a fundamental flaw, just lack of experience. I'd like to see Reed get as much playing time as possible this year, and I think with a bit of luck, he can step up into the first XI after the season when Wanyama goes.

9. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

As a DM I would rather have Harry Reed than Steve Davis any day of the week. With HR and Romeu shielding the defence the Danes will be too frightened to get near......they both a pretty damn touch and uncompromising

10. SouthamptonFCroatia

That's the impression I got. He's got an undisputed place in most of the people's preferred starting lineups and a lot of people have praised him recently. Not to say that the praise wasn't deserved, but he also wasn't flawless.

11. SouthamptonFCroatia

Yes, I would agree that the passing is the element of the game in which Romeu is better than Reed at the moment. Romeu is very efficient with the ball, he delivers it fast and with accuracy, which is no wonder coming from La Masia youth product. But in the defensive part of the game I think I would prefer Reed. Romeu knows how to position himself in right areas, but he's a bit heavy-footed and can be caught by fast opponents or fast play, while Reed is more energetic, swift and agile and his harassing style provides a lot of problems for the opposition.

12. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

More views from Ronald and shots of the players.

13. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

That's a very good assessment of Romeu.

14. fatletiss

I have changed my mind. I think that you are a genius because you keep telling me i don't understand stuff when it wasn't even mentioned at the start . I haven't even discussed the high line or not so I don't know where you get this from. I find you hard to discuss thins with because you don't engage in the conversation. Maybe you'd be different in a pub face to face. You can't make assumptions about someone's understanding of something when they haven't even discussed it. You are very inflexible and then you say your bored.

You have replied very defensively without trying to discuss this and called me pedantic - I just mentioned one thing tactically against your formation. Pedant ism is quite important in a tactic. I've hardly tried to prove your tactics wrong, it was fairly simple to mention a couple of things.

It's such a shame you have that touch of rudeness that you won't carry on a discussion. I wonder why that is....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  15. fatletiss

Blimey. I've got under your skin eh Tintin.

16. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Nice pitch....damn, that's one thing we can't blame. Better win then. :)

17. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

18. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Yep, I'd be happy with a Reed-Romeu partnership. Can't see it though, Davis or JWP will no doubt play alongside Oriol.

19. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

In a game where we will be expecting more possession I think he will play Romeu, JWP & Davis as in theory they will keep the ball better.
    Tadic for creativity and hopefully Pelle and Jay to put them away

20. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Anywhere I can re-watch presser.