1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fifa's Castle Starting To Crumble?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Page_Moss_Kopite, May 27, 2015.

1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

BTW; Depardieu. A Frenchman who wants to be Belgium. Could anything be worse than being French....? YES! Being Belgian.

Like an Englishman wanting to be Welsh.

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

I wouldn't even be interested in seeing that piace of ****, never mind the non soccer loving yanks <laugh>

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>
    The ****?
    I think I could release a film and do better than that. Even if it was 90 minutes of me doing the truffle shuffle.
    $9 in one cinema is ****ing hilarious.
    Looks like thats heading straight to the DVD bargain bin.
    Expect to see the movie in all petrol stations by the counter for £4.99 in the near future.

4. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it'll be a huge hit in Russia and Qatar.

Bodinki and terrifictraore like this.
  5. BBFs Unpopular View

Fixed:bandit:
    A web cam in your bedroom just showing a wall and a paypal account to charge people to watch would get more than $9 <laugh>

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

Fifa: Sepp Blatter's successor could be chosen on 16 December
    please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image
    By Richard Conway BBC Radio 5 live sports news correspondent
    Sepp Blatter's 17-year reign as boss of crisis-hit Fifa could come to an end on 16 December.
    The BBC has learned that is the likely date for an emergency meeting in Zurich to decide his successor.
    Representatives from all 209 member associations will be invited to the Swiss city to vote in a new presidential election.
    Blatter, 79, quit as president of world football's governing body just four days after being re-elected last month.
    The Swiss tended his resignation amid two corruption probes of his organisation.
    Seven Fifa officials were arrested on 27 May following a dawn raid on a luxury hotel in Zurich.
    They were among 14 officials and associates indicted by United States authorities on racketeering and bribery charges.
    Swiss prosecutors have also begun a criminal investigation into how the rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were awarded.
    There is a long list of potential successors for Blatter.
    Among the possible candidates is Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, who lost out to Blatter in last month's election.

Understanding the Fifa crisis

Key questions answered
    Who are the indicted Fifa officials?
    A final decision on the date for a presidential election is not expected to be made until July, when Fifa will hold an extraordinary meeting of its executive committee.
    But it is believed holding an emergency congress in mid-December is Blatter's preferred option.
    That would give him just six months to devise and implement the reforms he has promised before leaving the organisation he has been a part of for more than 40 years.
    Domenico Scala, Fifa's independent head of audit and compliance, outlined last week that the process to replace Blatter would happen between December 2015 and March 2016.

Out of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
    Sorokin insists that no rules were broken
    With the threat of further criminal indictments being handed down from US law enforcement agencies in the coming weeks or months, it appears Blatter has no desire to extend his tenure into 2016.
    Meanwhile, a delegation of Fifa officials, led by secretary general Jerome Valcke, is in Russia, visiting one of the sites for the 2018 World Cup.
    There have been suggestions the tournament could be stripped from the Russians if any wrongdoing is exposed by the new investigation into the bidding process.
    However, Alexei Sorokin, head of the local organising committee, told BBC's HARDtalk that the bid was clean, transparent and "done in accordance with all the practices that are in place in Fifa".
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33073906

7. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Fifa: Sepp Blatter fires PR chief over joke on television

Fifa communications director Walter De Gregorio has been sacked after sealing his fate with a joke about the governing body on Swiss TV.

Gregorio told Swiss chat show Schawinski: "The Fifa president, secretary general and communications director are all travelling in a car. Who's driving? The police."

Fifa announced in a statement that De Gregorio had "relinquished his office".

But the BBC understands he was asked to leave by president Sepp Blatter.

Blatter himself announced earlier this month that he would stand down as Fifa president following a new election, just two days after winning re-election for a fifth term.

That followed the arrest of seven top Fifa officials in a massive FBI corruption probe.

De Gregorio, who has held the role since September 2011, is also understood to have clashed with Blatter after a disagreement with one of his allies.

The 50-year-old was unhappy with an article in a Swiss magazine called Klein Report in which he was criticised by Klaus J Stohlker, a PR professional utilised on an ad-hoc basis by Blatter.

He is then understood to have confronted Blatter and asked him whether he agreed with the views expressed by Stohlker.

Fifa said in its statement that De Gregorio would remain with the organisation on a consultancy basis until the end of the year.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33099881

8. BBFs Unpopular View

Dunno what's worse, getting sacked, or getting sacked over that ****in awful joke <laugh>

9. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Sepp Blatter: Fifa president says he has clean conscience

Fifa president Sepp Blatter says he has a clean conscience and anyone who calls him corrupt should be sent to jail.

The 79-year-old announced last month he will leave his role following a high-profile investigation into corruption at world football's governing body.

Blatter told German magazine Bunte he has done nothing wrong and will go to heaven when he dies.

"Anybody who calls me corrupt because Fifa is corrupt, I can only shake my head," he said.

"Everybody who says something like that should go to jail," he added.

Earlier this year, Dominican Republic FA president Osiris Guzman likened Blatter to Jesus, Moses, and political figures Nelson Mandela and Winston Churchill.

"My faith has given me strength during the last week. I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis," said Blatter.

"I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the Pope on that."

Two criminal investigations into alleged Fifa corruption are ongoing and Blatter is reportedly under investigation by US officials.

Blatter announced on 2 June he would step down from the Fifa presidency at an extraordinary congress to be held between December and March.

However, he has since stated he has not resigned and is thought to be considering standing for re-election.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33361709

10. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

He's going to heaven when he pops his clogs because he doesn't believe in hell.

If ever there was an admission of guilt in a sentence that was it.<laugh>

But the hellish sentence he'll more than likely serve in a US federal prison will be worse than the hell he doesn't believe in.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

12. Fifa: Jack Warner banned for life from football activities
    Former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner has been banned from football for life.

The 72-year-old Trinidadian is the former head of Caribbean and North and Central American football (Concacaf), but quit Fifa in 2011.

He is fighting extradition to the US on corruption charges and denies accepting millions of dollars in bribes.

Warner committed "many and various acts of misconduct continuously and repeatedly" said the football world governing body's ethics committee.

Fifa's ruling follows its own investigation into the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups, which began looking at Warner's activities in January 2015.

On Tuesday, Fifa said Warner had been found guilty of violating the organisation's code of ethics several times.

A statement read: "In his positions as a football official, he was a key player in schemes involving the offer, acceptance, and receipt of undisclosed and illegal payments, as well as other money-making schemes."

The United States wants to try Warner and 13 other current or former Fifa officials who were indicted in May.

Prosecutors allege that Warner - who was one of football's most powerful figures whose support was seen as crucial for any World Cup host bid - has been involved in criminal corrupt practices for more than two decades.

In June 2015, a BBC investigation found evidence of bribes paid to Warner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

At 72yrs old, what the hell sort of punishment is that? <doh>

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

There was a clue in the words 'FIFA's ruling' mate.

Don't worry he'll be getting his, the bent, racist prick.

14. Page_Moss_Kopite

So even before his trial in the states Fifa have found him guilty, the evidence must have been there in Switzerland and in his home federation's documentation.
    I ain't well up on financial wheeling and dealing but Fifa's auditors must be guilty as **** too, its like Warner sold off World Cup TV rights he acquired from Fifa for a pittance and sold them on to his own nation/federation for the mega-bucks they were actually worth to begin with.

And like no one in their Swiss headquarters financial dept noticed.<laugh>

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

KPMG (one of the Worlds largest audit firms) have been auditing FIFAs accounts for the last 16 years.

This scandal could have severe repercussions for them if they're viewed as being complicit in a £100m fraud case.

As for FIFAs own finance dept, they had their hands in the cookie jar as well. They were all at it.

And yet still Blatter attempts to front it out. There can be no organisation in history that has seen it's Chair being the subject of a serious fraud investigation, who remained in situ within the business while the investigation continued.

I hope that bent **** lives long enough to share a cell with some Billy Bob redneck <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Defo this ^ <laugh>

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

18. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

The FA will take him when Dyke goes. He's not as bent as Dyke, but he's on his way.

19. BBFs Unpopular View

The FA are apparently backing him for the FIFA job. Might as well put the Saudis leading the UN Human Rights Council while they are at it :D.. oh wait that actually just happened for real <laugh>