1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Folan's MLS debut

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Folan made his début for Colorado Rapids yesterday, playing 79 minutes before being subbed.

The Rapids won 1-0 and the football was poor, but it's worth watching the highlights just to see the pantomime performance of the keeper that led to the goal(and it seems his name's changed from Folan to Forlorn - or maybe the commentator had already seen him play):

http://coltv.neulion.com/mlsvp/console.jsp?catid=1872&id=13170

2. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

Did you also note that our ex 'striker' (and I use the term liberally) Jozy Altidore played for the USA Nats but failed to score again.
    In the last three years Jozy has managed 2 goals from 42 games at what you might call 'top level' (9 for Villareal, 28 for Hull City and 5 for Bursaspor) yet his fans continue to explain that he is 'still a work in progress'.

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'm surprised he's not back in the MLS already, he's never going to cut it in Europe.

4. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

i think he actually needs a spell in the championship to learn his trade over here but hes probably priced himself put of the market

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Freddie Adu?

6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Adu is better than Altidore, at least he's managed to score two goals in six games since going on loan to Turkey in February, though neither look like they'll really make the grade.

7. TigerRoo

I had to laugh at one of the Rapids comments on their message boards when they said "Folan should be all right when he gets used to the offside rule"!

8. Elliott's Cartwheel

That's brilliant. They must think it's a new rule introduced for this season.

9. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Or an MLS special that doesn't apply in other leagues. (Don't they have funny penalties over there?)

10. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

that would be "much Adu about nothing"?

11. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Ahh, better than my effort last month...

Amoo - Adu

12. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

I know I may get a lot of stick for this or have various stats thrown in my face but I think he's a quality player. Sure his goal scoring record isnt too great but he more than made up for it with us with 7 assists. Plus the 2 or 3 penalties he won for us. I think he's more of a creator than a scorer.

Here come the rants.................

13. TigerRoo

No mate. I have nothing against Jozy who, so my grandchildren who texted him regularly say, is a very nice bloke. What I object to is his supporters who continue to blame anything and everything on his failure to score and keep stating that if only he played for Man U, Barcelona, Inter Milan etc he would get the supply needed for him to score.
    Jozy (and his coach) has had ample opportunity to improve his game especially his 'left side game' and his 'in the air game' which are both practically non-existent yet nothing has been done about it. These, along with his 'scent for goal' attributes will have to improve out of sight if he is to make it at top level. He turns 22 this year and will have to start showing something for his Bursaspor team unlike his team-mate Kenny Miller who has resurrected his career by banging in the goals regularly.

14. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Imp's Report Card.

Must try harder!