1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football Manager 2012

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JWP is the goal king, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

I just use the default one. To be honest, I find that it's one of those features that SI tries really hard every year to improve, but it always turns out to be boring and confusing.

2. drylunch

drylunch Member

yeah, totally agree with that.

3. evolution of saints

evolution of saints Active Member

OMG!!

please log in to view this image

This is the first season as well.

Admittedly Man U aren't very strong in that game. I am at Crystal Palace 3rd in the championship, with no new signings just loans.

4. drylunch

drylunch Member

is that the brazilian world cup winner rivaldo?

5. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I have had some great games lately, trying out other players, we may not be getting the goals but we are strong and we are pulling up the table slightly, now 10 points clear of the relegation zone, few have a game in hand though/

2012-02-05_00015.jpg

2012-02-05_00016.jpg

2012-02-05_00017.jpg

2012-02-05_00018.jpg

2 wins out of the last 3 in the league and a win in the cup again.
    That draw against Chelsea I did not expect, I madly rested a few players and gave a few others chances and we snatched a late winner.

I am really happy with them young players I have brought in, spent a bit of money on them but they are worth it, I have only just noticed that I signed 2 Portuguese and 3 Dutch players.
    They are doing well, the defenders I signed are good the German player against Leeds and he was good and the Italian come on as a sub against Chelsea and done well.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Droylsden told me to apologise or resign (I applied to too many other jobs) and I told them to **** off and left. Now Crewe manager... think I'm just trying to follow Joe on this!

7. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

<laugh> Amazing! Were they relegated to the Conference?

What's your team like? Mine was:

GK - Oscar Jansson
    LB - Can't remember
    CB - Regen
    CB - Harry Davis
    RB - David Pipe/ Ashley Westwood
    DM - Lee Bell
    CM - Bobby Reid
    CM - Nick Powell
    AML - Saul Halpin
    AMR - Ryan Colclough
    ST - Shaun Miller

8. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Yeah, fired their manager (not Gradi, some other guy) the day after they went down and offered me the job. Didn't even get the job I resigned over, Dag&Red :D

9. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

I think I've enjoyed Crewe more than any other team. Played very fluid, short passes, high creative freedom, high tempo, 4-5-1. Shaun Miller and Nick Powell absolutely kill it. Plus they have an amazing youth setup for that level.

10. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Erm.. just went to boot up my game again to check my current team and the save is corrupted... :p my last autosave is just before I resigned, so not lost much, but still, gonna have to see if Crewe sack their manager or not.

11. HOADIE_BOI

Just had an amazing game, expected to lose against Arsenal as I had a few players missing and look.

2012-02-05_00020.jpg

2012-02-05_00021.jpg

The amazing thing is that was 18 year old Wards first game in 5, he was a sub, what a super sub, he is great, he had lost his form so I dropped him and now he comes back great, also Jay Rodriguez has been on amazing form,
    Gandu also come on as a sub, he is a 17 year old under 18 player, who is French who I got from Lille, he get up two of the goals in his debut as a sub. He is 6"8 aswell, lanky ****.

The players that played done so well to attack Arsenal, we conceded 4 but I am well happy, that is a point I did not expect, I had done well previously so I would have accepted a defeat, now to play Liverpool.

Updated, Things are just getting better and better, look at me now in 11th, I feel that I should be near safety.

2012-02-05_00023.jpg

2012-02-05_00024.jpg

What a win against a Liverpool side that have not lost in 7 games and had won 5 in a row, I am now 6 unbeaten I think.

12. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

I used to love playing Championship Manager on the Amiga many years ago. Is this game an extension of that?

The text during matches eg, "he rounds the goalkeeper......but puts it wide!" was timed to perfection.

13. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

Sort of. Championship manager was also made by Sports Interactive but was published by Eidos. They had some sort of falling out and SI signed with Sega instead. SI got to keep the base code and programming of the game, but Eidos got to keep the name. Championship Manager kept going, but got awful reviews.

14. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Back when it first came out, there really hadn't been a game like it, it was a shaft of light, when all around, was football management game, dark.

The 1st incarnation was ok but they didn't have the rights to players names.
    The second edition was one of the most addictive games I've played.
    The Italia version they brought out, around the same time, was pretty decent too.

15. evolution of saints

Yep its the actual Rivaldo.

16. HOADIE_BOI

I am now playing an extremely young team in the 6th round of the Fa Cup against Watford hope I have not gone one step too far.

Updated; My team done so well against Watford in the FA Cup, played that young team, they just held their ground so well and I was very happy with it.

5-2 win against them with my first team would have been good but with the amount of young players that were in that team it was great.
    2012-02-05_00025.jpg Yes it was by 200th game so that added to it, great way to celebrate with a win like that.

2012-02-05_00028.jpg This is the team that I started with,
    Gandu 17 years old- Under 18 player free from Lille but if he does well it will go upto 2 million.
    Bolscher 19 years old- sits on the bench or misses out on the bench, fringe, but got quality. 2.2m upfront rising to 4 million
    Roberto 23 years old- back up, but sometimes plays
    Lallana 26 years old- Just lost his place after getting an injury, got his first goal for me in this game, took a long time.
    Kejansie 19 years old- Just starting to show a lot of quality new at the club like Bolscher and Gandu, plays some games and sometimes on the bench, 1.8 million upfront rising to around 4 million
    Lua Lua- 24 years old, don't play too many games, is good.
    Clyne- 23 years old, don't get much time in the team
    Rudolph- 17 years old, The new German who I just brought in, good player, 6"5 so is strong 2.5 million upfront rising to 5.5 million
    Evangelisti- 18 Years old, The new Italian who I brought in, great and cost me, 2.1m upfront rising to 4.6 million.
    Nyom- 26 years old, was in the team every game up to January but then I got Walker and he fell down the peaking order, good player though
    Butland- 22 years old, Been my back up for a while got him when I was in League 1, shows that he is great.

So I am really happy with the team for the performance as there is a lot of players there who are not in the team normally, Lallana is and a few others play here and there, but as a team great.

2012-02-05_00027.jpg I ended the game with the formation different with 3 subs on, here is a sum up of them.

Belkheir- 17 years old, great prospect, brought in from PSG, has always been in my first team but does not play much only a few games so far.
    Nelissen- 17 years old, brought in from Genk for 200k, seems to be very good, and was cheap so a good risk, that was his first game, he is still in the under 18 team and I hope he does well.
    Marques- 18 years old- 525k for the Portuguese defender and he seems good, he was one of the 5 I brought from Holland and Portugal, it will rise to 2.2 million if he does well but that was his first game and he will stay in the youth team for now.

So here is the final score, I am happy with the players I have brought in,
    This season I have spent a total of 12.5 million, but that is has been partly funded by the sales of players who I had to get rid of, so I have sort of replaced them.
    2012-02-05_00026.jpg

17. SFCJordi

SFCJordi Active Member

The only thing I hate about managing Saints is I don't have the heart to sell any of the players.

Dean Hammond, Rickie Lambert and José Fonte are still with me in 2018/19. <laugh>

18. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

When I used to play Pro Evo Soccer I would buy every Saints player I possibly could. If they didn't exist I created them, and tended to their appearance with as much detail as was possible in the setup profile.

Another thing was that I went through at least half a dozen hand controllers because I used to be as fired up about winning and losing as when I actually played the real game. Thankfully, I didn't lose often, which was good because the hand controllers were getting a tough life after being dashed to the ground. Luckily, I suppose I had a lot of spares..! <laugh>

19. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Rickie I had to let go on a free as he was now my 5th best striker at the end of the 13/14 season and wanted £35k per week.

You know when you suggest to a player a future staff role at the club and they say 'Shall we get the ball rolling' and you say 'yes' what happens after that???? HELP!

20. evolution of saints

What a great prospect. Gunna try and sign him for palace on a 2.1m compensate deal. on 7k a week.. Do you think he is any good?