1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Foreign Tycoon investment ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, May 27, 2022.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not exactly Foreign Tycoon Investment, more Foreign Office Investment...

Apparently £1841 from the Foreign Office budget was spent in the NCFC club shop in the year after Truss took over the department.

2. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Maybe foreign dignitaries were given a giant inflatable canary?

RiverEndRick likes this.
  3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

More likely a mate of Tory minister is the supplier who profits most… <jokingnotjoking>

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

At £60 for a shirt it's not difficult to blow £1800 , You would be lucky to get 20 Pukki shirts with names numbers and badges for that

5. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Surely it’s for a corporate box, match day tickets or a tour of some sort?

6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Just one shirt with Omobamidele on the back I imagine.

7. Chananain

Chananain New Member

Multimillionaires can invest in anything. They'll always have a lot of money. We can't act like these tycoons. Before every investment, I think about it for two weeks. I can't buy real estate or stocks because of a good mood. My actions are analysis mechanisms. I make notes of the pros and cons. It helps me think better. My last investment was buying a former pharmacy building, where I created a hunting shop. Today my employees work there. And I didn't burn out. But I don't know what will happen next. How will develop the real estate market in the next 10 years? You can read a prediction about the crash market. Do you believe that?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

9. SuffolkCanary

Talk Norwich City have got an interview with the Mr Attanasio available to watch tomorrow evening!

Robbie BB and carrowcanario like this.
  10. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

Did anyone hear him on BBC Radio Norfolk?

11. SuffolkCanary

No I didn’t catch it, anything interesting said?

12. Robbie BB

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  13. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Curious if they're the only ones Attanasio has spoken to, or whether this was part of a wider media day...or whether this is just the club/media spat being continued by only making Attanasio available to the podcast.

14. Robbie BB

I can't for one minute imagine the club thinking they are in a position to tell Attanasio who he can or can't talk to. Bit of a masterstroke IMO.

15. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

True. From listening, it sounds like Mike Attanasio was trying to find an "alternative" stream when the official one was unavailable, and stumbled across a TNC watchalong livestream. One thing led to another, which led to this interview.

I thought it was a pretty decent interview, from both sides. TNC asked some good questions, the Attanasio's gave some good answers. Interesting to hear that Mike seems very keen to plug himself into fan discourse and hear opinions, and also they both spoke well on community topics. It was good to hear The Nest come up organically.

SuffolkCanary and Robbie BB like this.
  16. Robbie BB

One of the most interesting things to come out of the podcast was the -- to use a currently overworked term -- "disconnect" between how the Attanasios view the club and its management, on the one hand, and the view of the "noisy" contingent of disgruntled fans on the other. In saying they felt they had something to offer by way of "helping the club", they were effectively endorsing the widely-held external view that NCFC is a well-run club, that the people in charge have done, and continue to do a good job, and that the fundamentals for further success are all there bar a bit of help in the shape of what they think they can offer. The cynics will no doubt say that this was simply the Attanasios being tactful and not wanting to alienate anyone, but that doesn't square with their account of why, after ten years of looking to become involved in English football and looking at a number of clubs, they finally were attracted to Norwich. Far from looking to buy into a sinking ship, it is the club being watertight and seaworthy that has convinced them to come onboard.

17. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I think the fans are disgruntled because things have dipped, but I think there's still recognition that largely the club is well run.

2 years ago, I think most fans would have put Norwich in the top 5 in the country for most things. Fan engagement/openness, transfer dealings, financial savvy, investment in facilities, etc.

Now, we're perhaps still top 20 for most of those things? That's still good, but not as good as it was. Some things, like the petty squabbles with local media, seem like both sides shooting the fanbase in the foot for no good reason.

18. Robbie BB

"[Some] things have dipped" is a long way short of "sinking ship", and a "dipped" Norwich is consistent with still being top 5. I come back to my point -- the current negativity is out of all proportion to the reality, a reality the Attanasios have independently vouched for. And given that they have been interested in becoming involved in English football for at least ten years, spoken to other clubs, and looked at others (from non-league upwards, judging by their referencing Wrexham), I suspect they would think "top 20" would be selling the club short.

19. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I think, In a way you're right the Attanasios have bought into the club for the med to long term, not Smith

20. Robbie BB

They seemingly enjoyed the 90 minutes they spent with Dean Smith, and talked to him about something both they and DS know about -- analytics applied to recruitment. That's a good way of forming an opinion (as opposed to talking about something one side knows a lot about and the other rather little). If and when Webber comes to make a call about Dean Smith, opinions in the dressing room will be more pertinent than what the Attanasios think.