1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

not just you thinking this way bonny lad.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

he got to pay loan off first before he sells to anyone else

3. OldNewtown

OldNewtown Well-Known Member

Or get FPPs approval
    All I was speculating was that this may indicate that there is another interested party

4. Robertson

Robertson Well-Known Member

Did we break even in 18/19 with the two Wembley finals? It has crossed my mind that Donald and Methven think that excuses them from paying some of the £25 million back.

It's as if they are saying, 'if it wasn't for us SAFC would have lost £ X million that season'. So that's X million of the 25 that we don't have to pay.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  5. Dunder Mifflin

Dunder Mifflin Well-Known Member

But FPP only wanted to invest in Donald :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

So, there’s a follow up article coming on Sartori.

They have all been at it, it’s looking ‘Portsmouth as ****’

7. Iansun

Iansun Well-Known Member

Anyone seen Michael Gray's tweet

8. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

Playing Devils advocate here.

If Short had held on to the club until after the parachute payments had been received, used 25 million to clear the loan and then sold to Madrox for 15 million would this then be a non story?

9. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

There's a few interested parties. I don't think FPP will have leaked it, they're obviously playing a long game and can easily wait until the accounts had to be released. It's also a little bit underhand. I think there will be another chancer who wants to buy us who has leaked it to put pressure on Donald to sell quickly. Which he won't.

10. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

Not if they now want £40m having done nothing more than a bit of cost cutting, built a side of plodders with no sell on value and ensured nothing good was coming through the academy. If they sell for £15m or thereabouts it's a non story, if they're trying to make a huge profit for an abysmal performance then it isn't!

Huds0n, Mr_B, Robertson and 3 others like this.

11. Ozzymac

Agree 100% GG

That's why it gets frustrating when some people keep bleating that they owe the club 25 million. It went to clear a club debt.

Guinness Guzzler likes this.
  12. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Unquestionably someone is pulling the strings on all this being released and hitting the press.

I’d wager it’s our next owners, whoever they may be. An untenable owner without a pot to piss in can’t hold firm for an inflated price whilst bleeding money.

13. Ozzymac

On another note. Has ic actually been confirmed that 40 million is the asking price or is that just speculation?

14. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

I'll have a look with a clear head tomorrow, but 90% of inside info across both articles seem to come from Mark Campbell.

Nads likes this.
  15. Ozzymac

Wonder if it could be a disgruntled former or current employee?

Robertson and Nads like this.
  16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He’d never publicly name that price he’d get lynched.

17. Kittenmittons

There is so much to unpack in this statement that my head is spinning with the possibilities.

For example, if you say that the funds put back into Sunderland are 'interest free' that could refer to to the FPP loan (which as I've said a few times, may well be interest free), but another possibility is that they've put money in but classed it as a loan from them to the club, despite them ostensibly owing £20m+ to the club which should have been paid back before any new loan was made. My guess is the former and they're classing the FPP money as paying off part of the intra-company debt. Which makes things utterly complicated and mental. At every turn obfuscation.

I am actually ****ing so angry at these ****s. And by the way, I doubt any of this has anything to do with FPP asking them to do it. Donald and co. just know that our fans go rabid at the very mention of their name and they're clearly using the FPP justification because our fans have proved over the last 9 months that we'll excuse anything in the FPP name. **** that.

You know in July last year I said to GOM that my one worry was that they might write off the intra-company debt. He said I was a mag and made me out to be a fifth column. Now it is coming true and people will understand that these ****s have always been capable of shafting us, they were just hoping to get out before the fallout hit.

I ****ing hate the way the last year of utter bullshit has torn good Sunderland fans apart. **** Donald, **** the FPP 'let him **** the club up and we'll swoop in and act like we're the good guys in all this' mentality, **** Mark Campbell and his leaks to the press to undermine people, and **** every single one of these people dragging the club down in their own interests.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  18. Kittenmittons

Trying to unpack - the FPP thing may be a red herring, but the mistake the mail are making is thinking that accounts up to July 19 are only possible to be amended before then - they're made up after the fact, ergo IF FPP asked them to write the debt off in September 2019 (which they may have to bring the price down in a hypothetical takeover attempt), then it would be possible for them to do so right up until the accounts are submitted to HMRC (which they still haven't been).

However what would make absolutely no sense is FPP asking them to do this and not then purchasing us for around £15m, as the price would be just £5m more than they already put in as a loan, a trivial amount to get an asset they wanted that badly. That can't be excused by being 'canny' with money.

Which subsequently takes me right back to the initial reaction, that the FPP excuse is absolute bollocks and the write-down had nothing at all to do with them.

I'm seriously worried about every single part of this. I still believe FPP had good intentions of eventual ownership at the start of this, but Donald's willingness to throw them under the bus may be a bad sign as to whether he's had positive discussions with them recently. Blaming them for £20m+ leaving the club and never being paid back is not something I can imagine them consenting to, so that relationship may be non-existent at best, which does not bode well.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  19. Bob Cheval

Bob Cheval Well-Known Member

Almost certainly

20. Bob Cheval

Bob Cheval Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is all a red herring.